HUGE campaign to increase our rep points

magoo57

Lynda, I am still so new that I have no clue on rep points and how to give them. If I did, I'd give them all to the beach bleach blonde.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
1) i ve been here over year(beat out the guys who joined to sway thier feelings on the contract vote)

2) i was able to where shorts in december today(midwest)

3) i dont have any rep points and kind of feel like a loser? is that normal?

4) think that this is the best website on the net!!!( how about some brownie points Cheryl?)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
1) i ve been here over year(beat out the guys who joined to sway thier feelings on the contract vote)

2) i was able to where shorts in december today(midwest)

3) i dont have any rep points and kind of feel like a loser? is that normal?

4) think that this is the best website on the net!!!( how about some brownie points Cheryl?)

Shorts in December...................we should take points away, although it was 60 here today.
What do you mean you have no rep points, I saw some there.
You give rep points when a post is good by clicking on the scale.

diesel96

friend-ing 4 your rights, you need to get laid instead of beating up your partner's 4X4.
Thats how you get a reputation.:wink2:

LKLND3380

How true, and I would add that the Rep system can be a blessing or a curse. A person's reputation needs to be earned, not just given. I have noticed that a couple of our higher rep members have let it go to their head and get carried away sometimes. Fighting4yourRights, When you reach your goal, I hope that you will use your new found power for the good of the human race, and not for evil. Because what goes around, comes back again.

What are these mystery rep points? Whats the story here??

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
What are these mystery rep points? Whats the story here??

The Reputation Program is a system for members to make positive or negative comments to other members. This is done by clicking on the little white scale icon located under a members name/and or avatar. A members Rep number is basically a tenth of the total points they have earned from other members under this system.
A few rules:

1. Every ninty days, you get one point.
2. Every 100 posts, a member gets one point of reputation alternating power.
3. It takes a new member 25 posts before their rep points hit on other members.
4. A new member needs 5 points before his count hits on others.
5. A member can only give 7 reps in 24 hours.
6. A member has to give rep to seven different people before they can give rep to the same person again.

This rules can be changed at any time, in fact they have been changed once already to cut down on certain members misusing the system. Personally, I don't take a lot of stock in it. This should be just for fun, its not meant to be a vain popularity contest.

Last edited:

diesel96

Just for fun? All this time I thought I was saving up for a new toaster!!!!!! NOW what am I gonna give the Mrs. for Christmas???

Good one race... But I thought it was for my American Express "LEAD" credit card.:surprised:.
BTW..I got a toaster with one of my safe driving awards, maybe you can give the MRS. an IOU when it's time for yours.

Overpaid Union Thug

The Reputation Program is a system for members to make positive or negative comments to other members. This is done by clicking on the little white scale icon located under a members name/and or avatar. A members Rep number is basically a tenth of the total points they have earned from other members under this system.
A few rules:

1. Every ninty days, you get one point.
2. Every 100 posts, a member gets one point of reputation alternating power.
3. It takes a new member 25 posts before their rep points hit on other members.
4. A new member needs 5 points before his count hits on others.
5. A member can only give 7 reps in 24 hours.
6. A member has to give rep to seven different people before they can give rep to the same person again.

This rules can be changed at any time, in fact they have been changed once already to cut down on certain members misusing the system. Personally, I don't take a lot of stock in it. This should be just for fun, its not meant to be a vain popularity contest.

Is there a table somewhere that shows how many points everyone has? That would be interesting.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Is there a table somewhere that shows how many points everyone has? That would be interesting.

Yes, there is a List. Click on the Members List, then click on the word "Reputation" that is in blue. It list the members in points order, but doesn't list the actual points number for each.