Huntsman Calling It A Day

moreluck

golden ticket member
They are a self sustaining people? Seriously?? What are you putting into your morning coffee these days?

The mormons who practice polygamy are the BIGGEST recievers of welfare in the states that practice it! I almost gagged on your comment.

Peace.
The polygamists are not the mainstream LDS church. They broke away from the LDS church. Multiple marriage was outlawed by the church in order for Utah to become a state. Don't you know your history?
Why do you think the Browns ran from Utah........it's against the law there.

Maybe you should read up on how Mormons have their own warehouses and dont need the welfare system......read about ZCMI. Read about the payback when you have accepted the help of the mormons.

To bring up multiple marriage as soon as someone mentions Mormon shows how narrow your mind is. I suppose you think Warren Jeffs is mainstream?

klein

Für Meno :)
The polygamists are not the mainstream LDS church. They broke away from the LDS church. Multiple marriage was outlawed by the church in order for Utah to become a state. Don't you know your history?
Why do you think the Browns ran from Utah........it's against the law there.

Maybe you should read up on how Mormons have their own warehouses and dont need the welfare system......read about ZCMI. Read about the payback when you have accepted the help of the mormons.

To bring up multiple marriage as soon as someone mentions Mormon shows how narrow your mind is. I suppose you think Warren Jeffs is mainstream?

Just did it for you, Utah places 43rd spot out of 54 : Not as good as those States the border Canada (Montana, Idaho, Alaska, Wyoming, North Dakota, Vermont, etc).
Why is that ?
Welfare Caseloads total recipients statistics - states compared - StateMaster Economy

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just did it for you, Utah places 43rd spot out of 54 : Not as good as those States the border Canada (Montana, Idaho, Alaska, Wyoming, North Dakota, Vermont, etc).
Why is that ?
Welfare Caseloads total recipients statistics - states compared - StateMaster Economy
There are polygamists that milk the system....I never said there wasn't........They are not the LDS Mormon Church.
They are breakaway groups with a gazillion kids and the "single" moms get welfare.

Are you paying attention??.......polygamists ARE NOT the LDS church.

I never said the state of Utah and its children didn't get welfare.

I was only talking about the Mormon Church which is only a portion of the state of Utah. Salt Lake is also a sanctuary city, so plenty of illegals stealing the gov't money too.

You don't pay attention and then you throw facts up that aren't even germaine to the conversation. A.D.D. much??

brett636

Just turn and attack....that's all you know how to do.

Its not that TOS only knows how to turn and attack, but that liberals in general can only turn and attack. They don't have logic, facts, or rational ideas for the most part so the only thing left is to attack those who they disagree with. Why is it the liberals who are quick to use yelling, screaming, and violence to get what they desire(as seen during the OWS protests)? Its because they have little or nothing left to work with. Its emotionally based reasoning and emotions do not always coincide with facts or logic.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I also find it worth pointing out that nobody here is claiming they should vote for or against Romney because of his religion with the exception of the far left loons. To me, when a candidate has better ideas he gets my vote despite his/her religion, skin color, or sex. When a liberal candidate has a quality like the aforementioned its special and we should vote for them specifically because of that reason, but if a conservative candidate has the same quality they are "different" and "bizarre". Its an interesting double standard that no liberal on this site would feel comfortable discussing because they know its true.

You have a short memory. A few months ago the Perry campaign was openly questioning Romney's Christianity, and other religious types were doing the same. Although I am not religious, I do know a bit about the study of them(religons). Many Christian scholars consider Mormonism a cult...that's just an inconvenient fact.

The Mormon's I know are kind of different in that they are very secretive regarding church practices and that there are many non-conventional ideas in Mormonism. Some believe in arranged marriages, rising to heaven through good works here on Earth, and required evangelical missions (10 speeds and white shirts at your door,converting "heathens" in Third World countries). I've already mentioned having your own planet to rule, and the magic undergarments. They didn't admit Blacks until the late 1960's and have a few logical gaps in some of their documents. The ones I know don't seem to have a problem with polygamy existing, but don't practice it themselves. Marrying outside the church is usually a pretty big deal.

There is quite a bit to arouse curiousity, as they are not very transparent in Salt Lake City. They did spend huge money recently trying to kill-off the prospects for gay marriage in California. They are a very wealthy church.

Like I said, you'll all "love" him anyway, just because he isn't Obama. That's all that really matters.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Mormons I knew were secretive too....they kept the garage door down when they drank their beer....jack Mormons!

Yeah, they have their Temple stuff......my friend's son got married in the Temple and my friend couldn't go to the Temple ceremony because only Mormons in good standing can enter. My friend is Lutheran and is mother of the groom, but no way was she allowed in.

I found some confusion in their beliefs......temple marriage....sealed for life & time eternal (not til death do we part) and if your spouse dies......and you should happen to remarry and be married for many years....if you die, you'll be buried with your first husband. That never made sense to me.

P

pickup

He will probably endorse Sani ! probably why he is dropping out, so Romney won't win, again.

Wrong again, boy blunder. Did that thought originate from the same part of your brain that pushed out the thought: "Yeah, I think this hot dog cart can make a 200 kilometer trip on the highway"?

klein

Utah liquor laws

Utah's liquor laws are known as one of the more peculiar things about the state. Liquor is sold only in state-owned stores which can cost more than in other states - but are neat, clean and always well stocked. In fact, the wine stores are brimming with a surprising selection of wines. "Near-beer" (3.2% alcohol by weight/4% alcohol by volume, as opposed to the standard 4-6% alcohol by volume) replaces the usual brew, which is available in stores and restaurants. "Full strength," or, "Strong Beer," is available in bars and liquor stores. Also, state law prohibits the serving of more than 1.5 ounces of alcohol as the primary liquor in a mixed drink. This used to be circumvented with the purchase of a "sidecar" (a separate shot of liquor), but the laws have recently been amended. Secondary alcoholic flavorings may then be added to a mixed drink as the recipe requires.
Although liquor laws in Utah are more strict, they are not impossible. There are several kinds of establishments to know about:

• Private club. Utah has recently changed its liquor laws and Private clubs are no longer required. A very few clubs have retained memberships, such as the exclusive Alta Club.
  • Tavern. A tavern is a bar that serves only beer and requires no "membership".
  • Restaurants. Many restaurants serve beer as well as hard liquor. No "membership" is required, but you must order food. You cannot order more than one drink (per person) at a time.
  • State Wine Store. There are approximately 10 state run wine stores [72] in Salt Lake City. One State Wine Store is located near downtown Salt Lake City (205 W 400 S; off-street parking). The wine prices vary significantly, but the store must sell the wine for at least 67% above cost (beer 75% above cost) plus state taxes. You cannot buy wine openers at the wine stores, so bring your own or be prepared to buy one somewhere else. The selection of wine is fairly large, but the selection of spirits is quite small and centered around "premium" spirits. There is also no case discount available.

P

pickup

Utah liquor laws

Utah's liquor laws are known as one of the more peculiar things about the state. Liquor is sold only in state-owned stores which can cost more than in other states - but are neat, clean and always well stocked. In fact, the wine stores are brimming with a surprising selection of wines. "Near-beer" (3.2% alcohol by weight/4% alcohol by volume, as opposed to the standard 4-6% alcohol by volume) replaces the usual brew, which is available in stores and restaurants. "Full strength," or, "Strong Beer," is available in bars and liquor stores. Also, state law prohibits the serving of more than 1.5 ounces of alcohol as the primary liquor in a mixed drink. This used to be circumvented with the purchase of a "sidecar" (a separate shot of liquor), but the laws have recently been amended. Secondary alcoholic flavorings may then be added to a mixed drink as the recipe requires.
Although liquor laws in Utah are more strict, they are not impossible. There are several kinds of establishments to know about:

• Private club. Utah has recently changed its liquor laws and Private clubs are no longer required. A very few clubs have retained memberships, such as the exclusive Alta Club.
  • Tavern. A tavern is a bar that serves only beer and requires no "membership".
  • Restaurants. Many restaurants serve beer as well as hard liquor. No "membership" is required, but you must order food. You cannot order more than one drink (per person) at a time.
  • State Wine Store. There are approximately 10 state run wine stores [72] in Salt Lake City. One State Wine Store is located near downtown Salt Lake City (205 W 400 S; off-street parking). The wine prices vary significantly, but the store must sell the wine for at least 67% above cost (beer 75% above cost) plus state taxes. You cannot buy wine openers at the wine stores, so bring your own or be prepared to buy one somewhere else. The selection of wine is fairly large, but the selection of spirits is quite small and centered around "premium" spirits. There is also no case discount available.

And your point is.....?????????

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
There are polygamists that milk the system....I never said there wasn't........They are not the LDS Mormon Church.
They are breakaway groups with a gazillion kids and the "single" moms get welfare.

Are you paying attention??.......polygamists ARE NOT the LDS church.

I never said the state of Utah and its children didn't get welfare.

I was only talking about the Mormon Church which is only a portion of the state of Utah. Salt Lake is also a sanctuary city, so plenty of illegals stealing the gov't money too.

You don't pay attention and then you throw facts up that aren't even germaine to the conversation. A.D.D. much??

Salt Lake City has also just been named "MOST GAYIST CITY" in the country. Seems there are more homosexuals in Salt lake City than in ANY other city in the country. Just an FYI moreluck.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
When we first lived there in '75, going out fancy dining.......meant no drinking unless you brought your own bottle of wine and had to pay a corkage fee....really weird. People belonged to private clubs so they could drink......it's not an exclusive thing.........just nominal type fees where then they could serve drinks. Everyone belonged to a private club ...outsiders, I mean.

Then when we moved back to Utah in '81 or so, everything was different. I didn't drink so I didn't care about the laws unless it affected my Diet Coke.

klein

Salt Lake City has also just been named "MOST GAYIST CITY" in the country. Seems there are more homosexuals in Salt lake City than in ANY other city in the country. Just an FYI moreluck.

Peace.

There ya go ! A place to send all these saved (not aborted babies), to. They will need them, since they can make babies on their own.
Make them into nice little gay mormon children ! ;)

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Its easy to see why you would support a mormon candidate with a strong mormon faith for office of the presidency. But do you think all americans share that belief? Lets see, the mormon church has an extensive history of racism and exclusion of blacks. They supported slavery and mandated that NO BLACK shall ever turn on his master.

The mormon church believes that the blackness of the skin is a curse from "god" and they shall never be considered equals.

The church has said "The attitude of the Church with reference to the Negroes remains as it has always stood. It is not a matter of the declaration of a policy but of direct commandment from the Lord, on which is founded the doctrine of the Church from the days of its organization, to the effect that Negroes may become members of the Church but that they are not entitled to the Priesthood at the present time. The prophets of the Lord have made several statements as to the operation of the principle. President Brigham Young said: "Why are so many of the inhabitants of the earth cursed with a skin of blackness? It comes in consequence of their fathers rejecting the power of the holy priesthood, and the law of God. They will go down to death. And when all the rest of the children have received their blessings in the holy priesthood, then that curse will be removed from the seed of Cain, and they will then come up and possess the priesthood, and receive all the blessings which we now are entitled to."

This is a sick religion and out of the mainstream. Its this kind of racial hatred that litters our country from state to state.

Romney is no different. Until he disavows the teachings of the mormon church, he too can be considered a racist.

Peace.

brett636

The Other Side:927792 said:
Its easy to see why you would support a mormon candidate with a strong mormon faith for office of the presidency. But do you think all americans share that belief? Lets see, the mormon church has an extensive history of racism and exclusion of blacks. They supported slavery and mandated that NO BLACK shall ever turn on his master.

The mormon church believes that the blackness of the skin is a curse from "god" and they shall never be considered equals.

The church has said "The attitude of the Church with reference to the Negroes remains as it has always stood. It is not a matter of the declaration of a policy but of direct commandment from the Lord, on which is founded the doctrine of the Church from the days of its organization, to the effect that Negroes may become members of the Church but that they are not entitled to the Priesthood at the present time. The prophets of the Lord have made several statements as to the operation of the principle. President Brigham Young said: "Why are so many of the inhabitants of the earth cursed with a skin of blackness? It comes in consequence of their fathers rejecting the power of the holy priesthood, and the law of God. They will go down to death. And when all the rest of the children have received their blessings in the holy priesthood, then that curse will be removed from the seed of Cain, and they will then come up and possess the priesthood, and receive all the blessings which we now are entitled to."

This is a sick religion and out of the mainstream. Its this kind of racial hatred that litters our country from state to state.

Romney is no different. Until he disavows the teachings of the mormon church, he too can be considered a racist.

Peace.

So what you are saying they are no better than the democrats of the day who were also heavily pro slavery.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Blacks weren't considered to even have a soul at one time......what amazed me is that many blacks were Mormon at that time too.

Of course, just in time the prophet had a vision and then that belief was changed. Anytime there's a problem, the prophets will have a vision. I don't believe in their visions.

"Black Mormons were considered equal in the time of Joseph Smith, and there were at least several dozen black Mormons in the time of Joseph Smith including at least one Presiding Elder in Boston.

1865 the U.S. government frees all slaves. Black Mormons (about 50 to 70 individuals at this time) form a small farming community in Salt Lake Valley called "Fort Union" or "Union" (now part of Midvale, Utah). Not long after Brigham Young died in 1877, Church leaders began to preach the "Less Valiant Doctrine"; that some spirits who followed Jesus in the War in Heaven were "less valiant" than others and were punished by being born into the seed of Cain as Negroes (and denied the priesthood and the ordinances of Mormon Temples which lead to eternal marriage and godhood (exaltation).

A small number of black Mormons remained in the Church during the 130 year "Priesthood-Ban Era" which was from 1848 to 1978, but most were inactive and perhaps a dozen "Negro" converts or less were made each year.

On June 8th 1978 (seven years to the day after the Genesis Group was formed in Salt Lake City by Ruffin Bridgeforth Jr., Darius (der-RAI-us) Gray and Eugene Orr) Mormon Church President Spencer W. Kimball announces that the Priesthood-ban has ended via a letter to church leaders and the media later called "Official Declaration 2" (nicknamed "The 1978 Revelation"). Most white Mormons were overjoyed. About 20,000 white Mormons (who were taught that to give the Negro the priesthood would not happen in mortality) leave the Church, but most Mormons are extremely happy with "The 1978 Revelation". ( Black Mormons (The Black Mormon Homepage) Mormons and Blacks )

I don't think it's as crazy as Scientology.................that's more what I consider a cult.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Nobody has to disavow their religion....that's the most ridiculous statement I ever heard. Only Mr. Phelps has to disavow anything!!!

P

pickup

Peace.

What about that church that Obama and his wife attended for so many years? Was that a non racist and mainstream version of Christianity??