Hurricane

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by moreluck, Aug 23, 2011.

1. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

So, will this hurricane put the electricity out in the Hamptons??

Then Obama could say that he too read by candlelight just like Lincoln.

2. hurricanegunner

hurricanegunner UPSPoop

I hear Michelle's meatloaf glows in the dark. Maybe he could use that to read.

3. Somepeoplecallmethestig

Somepeoplecallmethestig Are you not amused?

Obama is not in the Hamptons, he is living the sweet life with the superich on Marthas Vineyard.

4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I think they will be in the Hamptons for the weekend.

5. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

He will be back in Washington by the time Irene hits to fix Bush's screwed up TARP program!

6. TheKid

TheKid Well-Known Member

I do not know if Obama will still be on 'The Island' but it looks like it is headed right for me.

7. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

My daughter and son in law are both police officers @ the Jersey shore and both on duty when the storm hits or goes buy whatever the case . My son lives in Boston and is scheduled to fly into Logan Sunday from Montreal when the storm hits there.

8. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

Yep it is. I'm headed down Saturday to cross the bridges and ride it out 1/4 mile from the Vineyard. :) Last time was hurricane Bob...we were really destroyed in that one. (east Falmouth)

Still concerned about the west track....unfortunately it may strike NC wholly and weaken a lot up the coast. Then it'd be more like Gloria or Belle, which was childs play, locally.

9. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I remember Hugo. I was at the Stones concert at the Dome. When went out the door at the end, I went horizontal in mid-air. Too cool!

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The Rolling Stones played the Carrier Dome Sept 21-22, 1989. Hurricane Hugo exited the US near Lake Erie on Sept 23, 1989.

Close but no cigar.

11. moreluck

You are definitely a stickler for details. Have you sent that money to me yet? If you mailed it Mon. it should probebly come in today's mail!!

12. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

He needs to send you that money.

13. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Wrong, nice try though.

00z 8/23/89 (7pm 8/22/89)

Remnant of Hugo is clearly positioned close to Lakes Erie/Ontario as a transitioning extratropical cyclone.

Again (23) is 0z Aug 23rd, you of all people should know zulu military time, Cheapstate

14. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Thanks, again, Sleeve. I am not the one who needs to lie about something, anything. Particularly, about something that can be so easily verified. Kinda like everything else I have said that Cheapstate could verify with a simple phone call.

15. Sleeve_meet_Heart

That would be a pretty cool memory, leave the show (Stones and a great "return" Steel Wheels tour ) and get blown away by the storm! As far as Upstate, he has trust issues, it would seem.:wink2:

16. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

It is a great memory. My girlfriend was about twice my size and, Thank God, quick witted! It was a great concert and a great time. I ran into so many friends, it was like I never left Adams( where I was living at the time).

17. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

You are right that Upstate's got issues. Lots of them!

18. moreluck

IRENE MOVES NORTH: President Obama has no plans to cut his Martha’s Vineyard vacation short, according to the White House, even as Hurricane Irene roars toward the East Coast. FEMA plans to brief reporters Thursday morning on what it’s doing to help states that could be affected.

19. TheKid

TheKid Well-Known Member

Speaking for most of the NE, we are not looking forward to Irene's visit.

20. moreluck

Good luck, Kid!