Hurricane

moreluck

golden ticket member
So, will this hurricane put the electricity out in the Hamptons??

Then Obama could say that he too read by candlelight just like Lincoln.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
My daughter and son in law are both police officers @ the Jersey shore and both on duty when the storm hits or goes buy whatever the case . My son lives in Boston and is scheduled to fly into Logan Sunday from Montreal when the storm hits there.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I do not know if Obama will still be on 'The Island' but it looks like it is headed right for me.
Yep it is. I'm headed down Saturday to cross the bridges and ride it out 1/4 mile from the Vineyard. :) Last time was hurricane Bob...we were really destroyed in that one. (east Falmouth)

Still concerned about the west track....unfortunately it may strike NC wholly and weaken a lot up the coast. Then it'd be more like Gloria or Belle, which was childs play, locally.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I remember Hugo. I was at the Stones concert at the Dome. When went out the door at the end, I went horizontal in mid-air. Too cool!

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Rolling Stones played the Carrier Dome Sept 21-22, 1989. Hurricane Hugo exited the US near Lake Erie on Sept 23, 1989.

Close but no cigar.

You are definitely a stickler for details. Have you sent that money to me yet? If you mailed it Mon. it should probebly come in today's mail!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The Rolling Stones played the Carrier Dome Sept 21-22, 1989. Hurricane Hugo exited the US near Lake Erie on Sept 23, 1989.

Close but no cigar.

Wrong, nice try though.

00z 8/23/89 (7pm 8/22/89)

Remnant of Hugo is clearly positioned close to Lakes Erie/Ontario as a transitioning extratropical cyclone.

Again (23) is 0z Aug 23rd, you of all people should know zulu military time, Cheapstate

menotyou

bella amicizia
Thanks, again, Sleeve. I am not the one who needs to lie about something, anything. Particularly, about something that can be so easily verified. Kinda like everything else I have said that Cheapstate could verify with a simple phone call.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Thanks, again, Sleeve. I am not the one who needs to lie about something, anything. Particularly, about something that can be so easily verified. Kinda like everything else I have said that Cheapstate could verify with a simple phone call.
That would be a pretty cool memory, leave the show (Stones and a great "return" Steel Wheels tour ) and get blown away by the storm! As far as Upstate, he has trust issues, it would seem.:wink2:

menotyou

bella amicizia
It is a great memory. My girlfriend was about twice my size and, Thank God, quick witted! It was a great concert and a great time. I ran into so many friends, it was like I never left Adams( where I was living at the time).

moreluck

golden ticket member
IRENE MOVES NORTH: President Obama has no plans to cut his Martha’s Vineyard vacation short, according to the White House, even as Hurricane Irene roars toward the East Coast. FEMA plans to brief reporters Thursday morning on what it’s doing to help states that could be affected.