I have received a ban threat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

705red

Browncafe Steward
a) and b) - guilty as charged

c) I disagree - The posts I deleted and that Red keep re-posting had absolutely nothing to do with the thread. They were simply attacks on other members of BC. Those other members' posts that were inappropriate (and nothing to do with the thread) were deleted and they did not get offended that their posts were deleted/edited.

In hindsight, I should have had one of the other Mods moderate this thread. Definitely learned a lesson on this one. Truth is irrelevant; perception is everything as they say.
How many posters received a warning from you on that thread? I know for a fact that I did and Jimstud did. The two posters that did not agree with you! HMMMMMMMMMMMM

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I posted what I thought was a funny response to Red's statement that he brought his 6 year old son to Union meetings. I have to admit that I was floored that he would expose his young son to that environment and thus my response, which was tongue in cheek. There was no ill intent intended--I actually thought it was quite funny and would be taken as such. Red took exception (imagine that) and for that I apologize. As for his comments to me, I have been called worse by better and let it roll off like water on a duck.

I have decided that I am no longer going to interact with Red in any manner whatsoever. I come to BC to have fun and maybe learn something along the way. I don't come here for personal attacks or to be lectured on my "responsibility" to be a "good Teamster".

Dave

I posted what I thought was a funny response to Red's statement that he brought his 6 year old son to Union meetings. I have to admit that I was floored that he would expose his young son to that environment and thus my response, which was tongue in cheek. There was no ill intent intended--I actually thought it was quite funny and would be taken as such. Red took exception (imagine that) and for that I apologize. As for his comments to me, I have been called worse by better and let it roll off like water on a duck.

I have decided that I am no longer going to interact with Red in any manner whatsoever. I come to BC to have fun and maybe learn something along the way. I don't come here for personal attacks or to be lectured on my "responsibility" to be a "good Teamster".

Dave

I read the post and it was obvious to anybody that isn't so far out in left field that it was a joke. The guy is nothing more than a bully that's obviously delusional and paranoid. I can picture Red showing up for work all puffed up just looking for trouble the minute he walks through the door.

over9five

Staff member
We need a smack talk forum were we can go at it!

Please, no no no.
Head over to Teamsternet. Not only do they have a smack talk forum, but they basicly have no moderation in any forum.

Then come back here, cuz we're a way better site! (and we'll keep it that way).

Dave
UpState, I am not taking sides on this because I did not read the posts back and forth on the thread. But I ask you to think about this a bit longer. Is it possible that due to the trend of the thread that Red didn't see any humor in what you posted? Maybe he felt you were lecturing him on good parenting? I'm thinking most people would take offense to that.

BTW, did you use :happy-very:s in your post?

Solidarity413

Upstate why were you upset he would take his kid to union meetings? Just wondering, maybe your meetings are different then my locals. At my locals a kid would just be bored, but that wouldn't make anyone upset for taking their kid there. Either your meetings are WAY cooler and more 'adult' ;) or you have a problem with this ideologically?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Upstate why were you upset he would take his kid to union meetings? Just wondering, maybe your meetings are different then my locals. At my locals a kid would just be bored, but that wouldn't make anyone upset for taking their kid there. Either your meetings are WAY cooler and more 'adult' ;) or you have a problem with this ideologically?

I have a problem with it idealogically.

tieguy

Banned
This thread is why I always thought I would have problems here as a management moderator. :happy-very:

Red lets be honest here you really do not have any rights to the choirboy defense do you?

trickpony1

I have a problem with it idealogically.

Good point.....and you probably have an "idealogical" problem with taking your kid to a church other than the one you have been programmed into all these years because the kid might see there are other "ideologies". (sarcasm)

BTW, "ideology" is the correct spelling. (no sarcasm)

reydluap

I am being completely serious here - I think you misread or misinterpreted what was written by Upstate.

NOBODY here will tolerate attacks on family members, no matter who makes them, no matter who is the target - that is a no-no.

I would stand by your side in that battle, because I tolerate attacks on family, children, not at all.

I read what was written by Upstate. I did not at all see what you got so hot about, and your vicious reply was uncalled for.

With regards to the Original Post in question - I don't speak for Hoaxster, but I appreciate a good thread starter when I see one. I believe that is all it was. Cracking eggs to make an omlette & all that...

I have had several messages and emails as why I do not post much on BC. In my opinion,this second paragraph, quote "No matter how much I dislike you - and I do dislike you immensely....." says volumues about interactions on BC.

For example, I myself don't agree eye to eye with "705red" on every topic, but I DO RESPECT his opinions(and everyone else's for that mater). And I'm sure he respects mine. I know in my mind, that face to face, 99.9% of everyone of us would have a great time together at a party. How can anyone dislike someone so much sitting behind a keyboard? This is the kind of Bullsh** that I can't take. So,until the bickering stops and we can get back to the way BC was when it was set up, I'll read the post and sit out.

(P.S. Helen, miss you too! But being a new G'pa takes time away from chat. You're still beautiful, but my little Peyton Olivia is a cutie and stole my heart. LOL!)

Paul

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I have had several messages and emails as why I do not post much on BC. In my opinion,this second paragraph, quote "No matter how much I dislike you - and I do dislike you immensely....." says volumues about interactions on BC.

For example, I myself don't agree eye to eye with "705red" on every topic, but I DO RESPECT his opinions(and everyone else's for that mater). And I'm sure he respects mine. I know in my mind, that face to face, 99.9% of everyone of us would have a great time together at a party. How can anyone dislike someone so much sitting behind a keyboard? This is the kind of Bullsh** that I can't take. So,until the bickering stops and we can get back to the way BC was when it was set up, I'll read the post and sit out.

Paul

I'm with you Bro.
This type of flaming is the worst part of being a Mod.
As a Mod you feel responsible to read all the posts and weed out this as needed but it weighs down on you after a while.
In real life, I just stay away from negative people so I am not exposed.

However, my wife does insist I spend time with her so I'm not 100% successful in that. :wink2:

P

pickup

I'm with you Bro.
This type of flaming is the worst part of being a Mod.
As a Mod you feel responsible to read all the posts and weed out this as needed but it weighs down on you after a while.
In real life, I just stay away from negative people so I am not exposed.

However, my wife does insist I spend time with her so I'm not 100% successful in that. :wink2:

Hey hoax , personally I like a forum where it all hangs out, warts and all, but it has been decided that this cafe will be family friendly. Okay, fair enough. However , my concern for you is that you don't let this unpaid job consume any more of your time here than you would spend otherwise as a civilian. In my opinion, you don't have to read all the posts other than the ones you would read anyway. There are other moderators here and between all of you, the weeds can be taken care of. I and others will do our part to make sure we don't plant weeds in the first place. And the ones that do crop up will make themselves known to the moderators if some civilian drops the dime.

I remember when some of my posts were deleted because you guys wanted let a situation die down. Technically my posts were kosher, but I let it go and made sure I didn't post in that vein again in order to make sure your(the moderators') jobs were not difficult.

In closing, take it easy, you are not responsible for us. Do the best that you are willing to do. If you want to take less time doing this, or take a few days off from here for whatever reason. Don't let this "job" preclude you from doing so. Peace

P

pickup

And for those of you who say you are going to ignore other posters. Say it once and then do it. It takes two to tango and if only one is dancing alone continuously on the dance floor, he will look dumb and he will look dumb alone. If you want to insult or avenge an insult, there is no better way to do so than not responding to a particular poster or posting.

JonFrum

I posted what I thought was a funny response to Red's statement that he brought his 6 year old son to Union meetings. I have to admit that I was floored that he would expose his young son to that environment and thus my response, which was tongue in cheek. There was no ill intent intended--I actually thought it was quite funny and would be taken as such. . .
That's the way I took it.

I was picturing Red's son leading his schoolmates . . .

"What do we want?"
"RECESS!!!"

"When do we want it?"
"NOW!!!"

"What do we want?"
"RING DINGS!!!"

"When do we want 'em?"
"NOW!!!"

"No Crayolas, No Peace."

Status
Not open for further replies.