IBT not courting Hillary?

Ron Carey lives on

The IBT never gives a full endorsement during the primary. If Biden gets in he has like a 90% labor friendly voting record if not higher.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

Really, do you have some facts to back that up. 1.3 million members of a Labor Union doesn't vote? Not to mention a AFL-CIO endorsement? Your opinion on Biden, is just that an opinion. Im trying to understand your statement that union members don't vote?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Ron Carey lives on

I would have to disagree and say union members and thier families are some of the most active in voter education, mobilization, and registering in America. A single center doesn't reflect a national disdain for ant-labor politicians. See Scott Walker

Sent using BrownCafe App

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Hillary has been an absolute joke and is nothing more than a spineless corporate shill. Look at her public statements (and lack thereof) on the most important piece of legislation passed this year against the interests of working people: The Transpacific Partnership and Fast Track Authority. She had to have her arm twisted to even comment on it and then essentially took it as an opportunity to take a shot at Obama by claiming she would have used the TPP to wrest "concessions" from Republicans.

Meanwhile, Sanders took every opportunity to slam the TPP and has been against it from the start. Go ahead and look at the difference between their tops donors, as well. Sanders' top donors are all unions (including IBT) while Hillary's include Citigroup and a bunch of other :censored2:ing megabanks that shouldn't exist.

BrownBrokeDown

Hillary has been an absolute joke and is nothing more than a spineless corporate shill. Look at her public statements (and lack thereof) on the most important piece of legislation passed this year against the interests of working people: The Transpacific Partnership and Fast Track Authority. She had to have her arm twisted to even comment on it and then essentially took it as an opportunity to take a shot at Obama by claiming she would have used the TPP to wrest "concessions" from Republicans.

Meanwhile, Sanders took every opportunity to slam the TPP and has been against it from the start. Go ahead and look at the difference between their tops donors, as well. Sanders' top donors are all unions (including IBT) while Hillary's include Citigroup and a bunch of other :censored2:ing megabanks that shouldn't exist.
As the Republicans move farther right, Hillary's section of the Democrats is actually moving right into what used to be the moderate Republicans.

BrownBrokeDown

You won something. But Sanders is going to give it to the person sitting at home on the couch that won't work.
I love how people say this without actually looking at what he wants. He's not going after the middle class. And by your reasoning i guess during my 2 jobs and my wife's job all we do is sit at home on our couch? Because with 3 jobs we would still see benefits out of his plans.

But that's alright. Vote for the Republicans who want to get rid of the unions, get rid of a minimum wage, get rid of SS, get rid of Medicare, and increase tax breaks for the 1%. Or vote for Hillary so the status quo is maintained.