Ideas needed for NDA 10:30 commits

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
That's funny to me that they print them out for you. Our center has a chronic paper shortage where they can not order paper. (Or should I say, they don't have enough money to order enough paper.) You have to sneek around when no OMS or supe is around to print something that you will use that day while out working. Funny company.

You can't be serious. This company spits out useless reports non stop.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
we get paper by the semi load. Print out a ream of the crap for every sup in the building every day. They read the crap I guess and I keep hearing this Blah, Blah, Blah noises coming from one of them. Then it goes in the trash. Haul off a dumpster load a week of the crap they wasted!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They waste a ton of paper in my center as well. For a company that is supposed to be "green" the only recycling that we do is cardboard and pallets. We have a "pallet guy" that comes by once a week or so and picks up our old pallets. I think he has an outdoor wood furnace. There are no recycling bins at all and it upsets me to see all of the plastic bottles, newspapers and paper thrown in the trash.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
They waste a ton of paper in my center as well. For a company that is supposed to be "green" the only recycling that we do is cardboard and pallets. We have a "pallet guy" that comes by once a week or so and picks up our old pallets. I think he has an outdoor wood furnace. There are no recycling bins at all and it upsets me to see all of the plastic bottles, newspapers and paper thrown in the trash.

Sounds like a new job for Integrity!!!

evilleace

I agree completely all the paper that is wasted just on the preload in our building is ridiculous I try to save all of the bulk sheets I get and bring them home to recycle. I think we should have recycle bins alongside every trash can.

over9five

Staff member
At CHEMA, we have recycle bins for plastic and paper. I believe it was one local manager who got things rolling on that. Would be great to see other facilities start.

helenofcalifornia

Well I would guess then that Norcal is #1 in the nation for use (or non-use) of paper then. At least we are number one in some category. We should be number one in the least money spent monthly on uniforms too with all the torn, ripped, ink-stained browns we all wear. We're number one!!!!! We're number one!! We're number one!!!

I think every center recycles their paper now don't they? Would be great if the workers would save and recycle their stuff too. So much gets thrown in the trash that can be recycled.

BrownArmy

We're on PAS/EDD and the loaders leave all the NDA in totes under the belt for the driver to deal with.

Best system ever.

Every once in a while an NDA is shelf-loaded, but it's usually on whatever shelf that particular street lives....

DS

Fenderbender
I gave our new center manager,and 3 other big shots that run the joint this thing I wrote from all your feedback.
In order to fix the problem of drivers delivering express packages late,management must stop turning a blind eye to the underlying problem.Up until now,we have been instructed to go through our loads at 10:15 in case any domestic commits have been buried in our load.When a driver has 25 noon commits,and 300 packages in his car this is generally next to impossible to do.This is not the way to fix the problem.Ultimately,it's up to the preload to insure all express packages are segregated to a certain area,but unfortunately when they fail to do so and leave a 10:30 commit hidden on a shelf or on the bottom of a 55 piece bulk stop for walmart,management has chosen to assign the blame on the driver instead of fixing the real problem,which 99% of the time,is irresponsible preloaders.In my 20 years driving,I have yet to see preload held accountable for air mixed in my load,or misloads or for anything for that matter.
Surely management must understand that we as drivers hate that sinking feeling of finding a 10:30 commit package after dilligently delivering all our other express packages in a timely manner.The time has come to assign the blame where it truely belongs,the preload,instead of just assuming every driver is careless and irresponsible.

They all said thank you:dissapointed:
Nothing will change

iowa boy

Well I would guess then that Norcal is #1 in the nation for use (or non-use) of paper then. At least we are number one in some category. We should be number one in the least money spent monthly on uniforms too with all the torn, ripped, ink-stained browns we all wear. We're number one!!!!! We're number one!! We're number one!!!

I think every center recycles their paper now don't they? Would be great if the workers would save and recycle their stuff too. So much gets thrown in the trash that can be recycled.

Recycle? That word in our center would get you laughed right out of the office. The only thing in our center that gets recycled is the BS that is passed out.

just interested

I gave our new center manager,and 3 other big shots that run the joint this thing I wrote from all your feedback.
In order to fix the problem of drivers delivering express packages late,management must stop turning a blind eye to the underlying problem.Up until now,we have been instructed to go through our loads at 10:15 in case any domestic commits have been buried in our load.When a driver has 25 noon commits,and 300 packages in his car this is generally next to impossible to do.This is not the way to fix the problem.Ultimately,it's up to the preload to insure all express packages are segregated to a certain area,but unfortunately when they fail to do so and leave a 10:30 commit hidden on a shelf or on the bottom of a 55 piece bulk stop for walmart,management has chosen to assign the blame on the driver instead of fixing the real problem,which 99% of the time,is irresponsible preloaders.In my 20 years driving,I have yet to see preload held accountable for air mixed in my load,or misloads or for anything for that matter.
Surely management must understand that we as drivers hate that sinking feeling of finding a 10:30 commit package after dilligently delivering all our other express packages in a timely manner.The time has come to assign the blame where it truely belongs,the preload,instead of just assuming every driver is careless and irresponsible.

They all said thank you:dissapointed:
Nothing will change

well said - I don't get why they wouldn't enforce this. This is a problem in my facility also. It's just common sense.