Immigration

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My niece is a NICU nurse in a hospital outside of Washington, D.C. She was telling me about a popular immigration scam she has been seeing there. Older women as old as 70 will go to other countries and get pregnant by IVF. They then come here to have their baby. Due to their advanced ages, a lot of the babies end up in the NICU. But, because they are born here, the American taxpayers are paying for everything, with the baby automatically being a US citizen, thus allowing the mother to stay.

Sportello

My niece is a NICU nurse in a hospital outside of Washington, D.C. She was telling me about a popular immigration scam she has been seeing there. Older women as old as 70 will go to other countries and get pregnant by IVF. They then come here to have their baby. Due to their advanced ages, a lot of the babies end up in the NICU. But, because they are born here, the American taxpayers are paying for everything, with the baby automatically being a US citizen, thus allowing the mother to stay.
I think that is total BS, but I'm willing to change my mind if you can provide an example, other than hearsay.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It seems that ICE, at least in Texas, will have a separate 36 bed facility just for trans-gender illegal immigrants. How many of them are there?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
More than one-third of refugees in Vermont test positive for tuberculosis - Watchdog.org

Data from the Vermont Department of Health show that more than one-third of refugees resettled in Vermont test positive for tuberculosis.

Since 2013, about 900 refugees admitted to the Green Mountain State have been tested for tuberculosis, a potentially fatal infectious disease affecting the lungs. Of that number, 318 refugees, or 35.4 percent, tested positive.

Watchdog.org obtained the health data on Wednesday following reporting by Stateline that the disease may be making a comeback in the United States.

Refugees brought to the United States undergo TB tests as part of comprehensive health screenings. State health departments track the data to monitor cases and protect against public health crises.

According to IGRA (Interferon-Gamma Release Assays) blood test results from 2013 to the present, the highest percentage of incoming refugees to Vermont infected with TB occurred in 2013. That year, 108 refugees out of 248 tested, or 43.6 percent, showed positive for TB.

newfie

More than one-third of refugees in Vermont test positive for tuberculosis - Watchdog.org

Data from the Vermont Department of Health show that more than one-third of refugees resettled in Vermont test positive for tuberculosis.

Since 2013, about 900 refugees admitted to the Green Mountain State have been tested for tuberculosis, a potentially fatal infectious disease affecting the lungs. Of that number, 318 refugees, or 35.4 percent, tested positive.

Watchdog.org obtained the health data on Wednesday following reporting by Stateline that the disease may be making a comeback in the United States.

Refugees brought to the United States undergo TB tests as part of comprehensive health screenings. State health departments track the data to monitor cases and protect against public health crises.

According to IGRA (Interferon-Gamma Release Assays) blood test results from 2013 to the present, the highest percentage of incoming refugees to Vermont infected with TB occurred in 2013. That year, 108 refugees out of 248 tested, or 43.6 percent, showed positive for TB.

the problem being they are brought here before the medical screening takes place

moreluck

golden ticket member
yEHq3Tv.jpg

Sportello

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/12/u...version=Full&region=Marginalia&pgtype=article

Imagine that... Corporations doing away with American jobs and using immigrants on temporary visas or outsourcing the jobs. Who would have ever imagined it? I remember Obama specifically addressing this when running for office. He said if elected, he would penalize American corporations for this practice. Haven't heard a word since.
So you would be willing to give that power to president Obama?