In Memoriam: 4 Dead in Ohio

rod

Retired 22 years

I remember that day like it was yesterday. I always wondered how the soldiers who fired the deadly shots (and the ones who actually did it know who they are) felt the rest of their lives. How could anyone fire at a group of unarmed college kids is beyond me. Yes I realize the kids were protesting but deadly force was NOT needed. That day change the way many people felt about many things.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"At this point....what difference does it make !!"

Rhodes is dead.
The kids involved (not the dead) are on Medicare now.
"What difference does it make?"

It works for Hil, so why not here too? Four dead....same!

I view the Kent State situation differently and usually are alone on my thoughts. The students who followed orders are alive today to tell about it.. I know because I was in Ohio and my friends were actually there. My high school friends were students then. My hubby was too, but not present on that day.

I view the dead as the "Rodney King's" of the situation. It was a cluster "friend" of the utmost, but had cooler heads prevailed, it wouldn't have happened. Kids didn't pay any attention to the word "disperse". They were probably card carrying SDU'ers. Picketing and demonstration were the words and song lyrics of the day. It was hippie, peace, flower power, and love.
It was the dawning of the age of Aquarius. It was the house of the rising sun.

One of my girlfriends from H.S. was standing next to one of the shot students. Up close and personal as it gets.

"At this point in time, what difference does it make?"

Last edited: