Intelligent Discussions

Catatonic

Nine Lives
How about the fact that we are by far the largest producer of food in the world yet 1/3 of our population involuntarily misses at least one meal per day.

Not a knock on you Upstate except for re-posting what you heard, but ...

How about that being made-up BS unless they wanted to eat 6 meals and only ate 5 unless you meant "our" to mean in the world.
It's probably more like 5% in the US rather than 33%.

That BS comes from the same people that classify people living off their savings in a $300,000 house driving 2 cars as part of the poor.
I know 2 couple in at least this situation and one of them gets food stamps too! They got more money than I do.

UPSWill

No. A big waste of money is investing upwards of $10 billion into the Constellation/ Orion Launch Vehicle, and then suspend the entire project indefinitely to make it look like Obama is trying to cut the deficit. I can think of some other things that can be cut besides the one forward moving and honorable thing our country and our species can do, and most of them cost a hell of a lot more than NASA. Like, oh i don't know, the war in the middle east, the war on drugs, the war on on anything we need to fix but cant because were so inept the only way to get anything done since Nagasaki is go to war with it. And those "Wars" aren't going to well. People have saying that its a big waste of money since Apollo 12 for christ sake. Apollo 11, the world unites for a fleeting fraction of a second as the species as a whole to witness something other than killing each other, and by Apollo 13, they wouldn't even air it on TV!? Too boring already? Really? It took me 5 days after the fact to learn that Neil Armstrong died because i dont watch the news. No-one mentioned it. No-one thought of it. Fickle doesnt even BEGIN to describe us. The entire Apollo Project, from start to finish, cost $192 billion. The entire Space Shuttle Project, again, start to finish, $195 billion. Just the INTEREST on our national debt? around $200 billion. Just something to think about.