1. The postings on BrownCafe are the personal opinions of individuals and don't necessarily represent UPS positions, strategies or opinions.

interesting paycheck

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by thelus, Aug 27, 2009.

1. thelus

thelus Package Car Whipping Boy

so i check my paycheck tonight and saw this
    DEDUCTIONS - UNIONDUE 13.11 - AFTAX FLEX 63.36
    what in the world is AFTAX FLEX? i'm not supposed to be paying for any standard benefits and i have not enrolled in anything at all, just taking the standard stuff ups is suposed to give. anyone have any ideas?
  2. Photog

Photog The Picture Perfect Mod Staff Member

I assume you are now under a UPS Health Plan instead of a Teamsters administered insurance. (Central States?)
    The AFTAX FLEX is what it sounds like:
    After Tax Flexible benefits. This could Long Term Care, Life Insurance or a variety of Healthcare options that IRS says you must pay for with after tax dollars.
  3. hondo

hondo Active Member

Call 800-877-1508 (benefits hotline) to verify you're not enrolled in anything extra-you'll need your employee ID # & your PIN/password. And have your center initiate a payroll inquiry.
  4. thelus

thelus Package Car Whipping Boy

yeah about that 1800 number im never calling that thing again. i think i gave up at one point trying to get the right option and just said being screwed over and it gave me the savings and investments option. i think i'm going to have my sup put in a payroll inquiry
  5. upsguy72

upsguy72 The Berkshires

try calling your HR person they probably can assist you.