interesting paycheck

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
so i check my paycheck tonight and saw this
DEDUCTIONS - UNIONDUE 13.11 - AFTAX FLEX 63.36
what in the world is AFTAX FLEX? i'm not supposed to be paying for any standard benefits and i have not enrolled in anything at all, just taking the standard stuff ups is suposed to give. anyone have any ideas?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
what in the world is AFTAX FLEX? i'm not supposed to be paying for any standard benefits and i have not enrolled in anything at all, just taking the standard stuff ups is suposed to give. anyone have any ideas?
I assume you are now under a UPS Health Plan instead of a Teamsters administered insurance. (Central States?)
The AFTAX FLEX is what it sounds like:
After Tax Flexible benefits. This could Long Term Care, Life Insurance or a variety of Healthcare options that IRS says you must pay for with after tax dollars.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

Call 800-877-1508 (benefits hotline) to verify you're not enrolled in anything extra-you'll need your employee ID # & your PIN/password. And have your center initiate a payroll inquiry.

thelus

Package Car Whipping Boy
yeah about that 1800 number im never calling that thing again. i think i gave up at one point trying to get the right option and just said being screwed over and it gave me the savings and investments option. i think i'm going to have my sup put in a payroll inquiry

Pharoh02

I assume you are now under a UPS Health Plan instead of a Teamsters administered insurance. (Central States?)
The AFTAX FLEX is what it sounds like:
After Tax Flexible benefits. This could Long Term Care, Life Insurance or a variety of Healthcare options that IRS says you must pay for with after tax dollars.
They got me for a $118.00. Been here 2 years looked at all my pay stubs and never paid this before & everyone I see at work has nothing like this deducted from them and no one so far has any idea what this is. If this is for my benefits, they can keep the benefits and give me my money. Two weeks in a row short pay checks. Wish I was getting $24.50/hr like the new hires are getting. Loyalty don’t count for much anymore....

charm299

Get ready, you about to be paying a lot more taxes

nWo

HR here. If you filled out your paperwork correctly the first time this wouldn't be an issue.