Is Fred S Satan?

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Yeah,
And, I heard a rumor that the sky is gonna fall.
Better get on Facebook and warn all my friends.

Now,
Here's a hoot.
Bah ha ha.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"In addition, FedEx employees who receive lots of recommendations from customers through this event,' will receive various prizes."

(Read cheap pens and water bottles.)

I think the FedEx cheap gifts philosophy is significant because it shows the low regard in which we are held by the company. Who gets motivated by cheap pens, water bottles, lunchboxes and the like? Children. And apparently that's how they view us...as non-adults. Everyone I know who gets this crap gives it to their kids anyway because they are ashamed to be seen with it.

Recently, a fellow courier did something pretty significant, and he got a FedEx cinch sack, a cheap nylon baggie worth maybe a couple of bucks. The senior made this huge speeech about the Purple Promise and how great FedEx was and what a great worker Courier X had been for so many years....and then he hands him the effing sack.

The look on Courier X's face was unmistakably a combination of embarassment and disgust. A few people even laughed.

What a sad company.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I agree. The cheap, crappy children's birthday party door prizes they give out with the beamin grins on their faces are nothing more than thinly-veiled insults. It's degrading and they know it is. It's all just a part of the little game now.

I make sure I'm no longer the recipient of such humiliating garbage by ensuring I do only the barest minimum I possibly can get away with now. A far far cry from the way I used to be.

pathetic arseclowns

hypo hanna

"Everyone I know who gets this crap gives it to their kids anyway because they are ashamed to be seen with it."

I'm ashamed to give it to my kids.

vantexan

I think the FedEx cheap gifts philosophy is significant because it shows the low regard in which we are held by the company. Who gets motivated by cheap pens, water bottles, lunchboxes and the like? Children. And apparently that's how they view us...as non-adults. Everyone I know who gets this crap gives it to their kids anyway because they are ashamed to be seen with it.

Recently, a fellow courier did something pretty significant, and he got a FedEx cinch sack, a cheap nylon baggie worth maybe a couple of bucks. The senior made this huge speeech about the Purple Promise and how great FedEx was and what a great worker Courier X had been for so many years....and then he hands him the effing sack.

The look on Courier X's face was unmistakably a combination of embarassment and disgust. A few people even laughed.

What a sad company.

If it had been me I'd have put the bag over my head.

RTURNSONLY

I really loved the wind-up toy I got for my 25-year anniversary:
Pickett the Wicked Cricket
Pickett.jpg
Pickett.jpg

overflowed

What a sad company.
At least the safety awards are still made of cheap gold. In the very least they're pawnable. My buddy got 45 bones for it.