Is it a conflict of interest to work both FEDEX & UPS?

Damondogg

I'm an employee at UPS, & the shift for fed ex would work out great for me especially where I live. I can go from job to job, & get enough rest. So I've read that it's allowed & not allowed to work both. I haven't got a clear answer so I wanted to ask you folks in the FedEx forum.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm an employee at UPS, & the shift for fed ex would work out great for me especially where I live. I can go from job to job, & get enough rest. So I've read that it's allowed & not allowed to work both. I haven't got a clear answer so I wanted to ask you folks in the FedEx forum.

Forbidden. However, it happens all the time. Just don't get caught.

dezguy

If the manager at Express finds out, they will give you an ultimatum, you either work for FedEx and quit UPS or they will fire you. Many moons ago, when I first started, I got a seasonal job at the post office, sorting. Somehow that made it back to my manager at the time and they threatened to fire me if I did not quit my other job.

Jayhawk

Depends on the Manager. If it didn't conflict with my Fedex schedule I don't think my manager would mind. He's not like most of the managers I've read about on this sight. He's not looking to move up in the corporate world and he understands that Fedex loaded with BS policies.