is upsers.com mac compatible?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by blaeux35, Aug 14, 2009.

1. blaeux35

blaeux35 New Member

i ask this because it sits on the processing screen and doesnt move. tried logging in on a non-mac and it went right through. any answers? thanks in advance

2. upsers.com does not appear to work with the new Safari but will work with the latest firefox browser.

3. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I use firefox and it works on my mac.

TB

4. Solidarity413

Solidarity413 New Member

It works on Ubuntu, so its gotta work for Mac. In general, mac's don't work though ^_^

5. Old International

Old International Now driving a Sterling

UPSers.com doesn't do Safari 4. until they catch up, I am afraid I will be forced to check the website at work, on the clock. Oh well, worse things can happen I guess.

6. User Name

User Name Only 230 Today?? lol

Thing is, about four months ago it worked. They must have changed something in safari so it will not load now. When I first bought my mac it worked. Maybe this is UPS's way of getting back at them for not delivering apple...

7. BrownArmy

BrownArmy Well-Known Member

Try firefox...it works on my mac with UPSers.com, and I have an 2003 mac powerbook.

8. Solidarity413

Solidarity413 New Member

Listen to this guy ^_^ Firefox is the best web browser out there.

9. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Unfortunately most websites are built for the aging explorer browser(circa 2001 technology) so when more advanced browsers,(opera, safari, firefox etc...) come along sometimes they get forgotten... Just use firefox for now until UPS gets caught up with the times...

and Yes its mac compatible, just not safari...

10. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Mozilla's Firefox is a great browser. A computer geek steered me to it a few years back. I will never go back to IE.

11. evilleace

evilleace Member

I use firefox great browser much better than IE I have used safari in the past though also a very good browser. Opera is decent but IE 8 is just plain slow. I hear chrome is supposed to be pretty good also.

12. PassYouBy

PassYouBy Unknown Acrobat

I didn't know there where any other browsers?!! :wink2:

I.E feels like I'm on a Intel 486!

13. Big Babooba

Big Babooba Well-Known Member

Now that I've thought about it more, I've eaten many a Big Mac and Quarter Pounder while I was on the BC. So in my expert opinion the BC is Mac compatible.:happy-very:

14. MikeTbob

MikeTbob New Member

If you guys think Firefox is the bomb, you should try using Linux. Now
    THAT's the BOMB!

15. Solidarity413

Solidarity413 New Member

Listen to that guy! Ubuntu for life!

16. christian c

christian c New Member

WHat in the world?? I have a mac and use the latest version of safari and it works fine with upsers.com. Upsers.com has also worked fine for me on the past 3 versions of safari since i started working with ups. maybe you need to get current with all software updates.

17. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's the updates. I usually install updates the second I get them but I've been staying in a hotel for the past month with a horrible DSL connection that causes my updates to take up to two hours. So, I am waiting until I get back home or until I find a fast connection here. I haven't been able to get on UPSers.com either.

I prefer Safari but use Firefox sometimes because some of the military sites I have to go to for training for the National Guard won't let me in because the default security setting for Safari are "too high." Firefox takes longer to load but is over all a good browser.