Is your UPS check enough? Are you making it?

clean hairy

You're driving a 14 year old car but have so much money you don't know what to do with it?

I think I have some idea. Why accumulate so much money and suffer at the same time? If you drove a new car you'd realize the crap you put yourself through. People with old cars are unaware of how much cars have changed in the last 15 years.

I get it, you have a lot of money because you were smart enough not to buy a new car every few years. That's good. But now it's time to get rewarded for your smart financial decisions.
Might be able to buy an off lease Altima from NY?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
@sailfish fact check this for me please.

Maybe better financially but not mentally
fact_check.jpg

DriverNerd

You're driving a 14 year old car but have so much money you don't know what to do with it?

I think I have some idea. Why accumulate so much money and suffer at the same time? If you drove a new car you'd realize the crap you put yourself through. People with old cars are unaware of how much cars have changed in the last 15 years.

I get it, you have a lot of money because you were smart enough not to buy a new car every few years. That's good. But now it's time to get rewarded for your smart financial decisions.
Some people think of cars as basic appliances. If they work to them there's no reason to change it. My stove/oven is 15 years old and works great. A new one is way better, but I have no complaints with the one I have. Why upgrade something when it works perfectly fine?

sailfish

One day you may understand if you're lucky
What you don't understand is that what you said was projecting. The idea that single men are miserable and/or would be happier otherwise is a misconception, especially applied to someone like myself who simply prefers doing things alone.

sailfish

With that said, Globohomo's depopulation agenda makes me want to have eight kids simply out of spite.

BobJ

What features are in new cars that make them better?

I have a 2006 toyota...

robot

Has A Large Member

Dude you seen these ridiculous car prices at the moment? Haha no thanks man.

JL 0513

Dude you seen these ridiculous car prices at the moment? Haha no thanks man.
For the average person, yeah, hang on to your car as long as reasonable. My thoughts were based on you saying you have more money than you know what to do with. In that scenario, why drive a beater? I never got the whole idea of dying rich while never enjoying the nice things in life.

sailfish

2006 Corolla vs 2024 Tesla Model 3? Yeah, it's that much of a difference.
Teslas are niche vehicles and hardly representative of vehicles sold today as a whole. Even then the differences between one and a '06 Toyota are not as significant as the differences in consumer electronic developments over the last twenty years. Yeah, they don't fill up with gasoline but as far as daily function goes their capabilities are virtually indiscernible from that of the old Toyota.

JL 0513

Teslas are niche vehicles and hardly representative of vehicles sold today as a whole. Even then the differences between one and a '06 Toyota are not as significant as the differences in consumer electronic developments over the last twenty years. Yeah, they don't fill up with gasoline but as far as daily function goes their capabilities are virtually indiscernible from that of the old Toyota.
Tesla Model Y is the best selling car in the world, not niche.

The vehicles in each era go from a A-Z but that's not what we're talking about.