"Issues" upon return to work...

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I'm in a similar situation as the guy who was on workers comp. except my situation is way more severe.. I don't wanna get into to much detail about it since I have a lawyer on my current works comp case but I do have several questions that I feel I need help in Cus I'm jus at a loss for words at this point on how my local ups and teamster Union are treating me . I have been employed with ups for 7 years now. And with my local teamsters union 7 years as well. I had a very heavy box fall on my head from high volume pickoff side it feel approx 10-12 feet from above me and struck me in my head while on break conversing with a co worker. I sustained a head, neck, back injury as the result of that injury, it's been 7 months since injury and I'm still not receiving work comp benefits, ups won't let me work even though I can work light duty per doc orders. I have been getting friend over by ups since the day of injury. I contacted my local union rep who represents the ups workers.. He knows all about my case in detail. He tells me that he will email HR and find out why they won't give me my work comp benefits.. I have contacted him numerous times to find out if he got any answers back from HR. He has not contacted me back and I feel like I'm being tossed to the side like I'm jus some garbage.. I know how the job views workers who are hurt on job. We are a liability and don't wanna have to deal with us. That's fine and dandy.. :censored2: them is what I got to say but we have a union who is suppose to prevent these type of matters and handle and do there jobs.. I'm jus very confused on what to do the direction to take Cus obviously HR and my local union is gonna do anything to help me out during this turbulence and stressful events. Can somebody pls tell me what is the unions responsibilities for there union workers when they get hurt and the job is screwing them over.. Isn't the union suppose to fight for me to make sure that the company doesn't screw over there employees when they get hurt? I need some guidance Cus rite now how I feel bout both the union and ups is not good at alL. I feel as if I was all to the union was a guaranteed paycheck for them for the past 7 years[/QUOTE

Only thing you can do is do what you did. Sounds like your building and union halls sucks and dont' want to deal with the problem. I know it is bad and the last thing you want to do is get a lawyer but sometimes you have to do it. However something has to be going on because someone has to be paying your medical bills though. My final answer though is your lawyer is going have to sue.

Salesman

Yes they are paying for medical only,when I see the doc every other month that isn't helping my pain I'm in. They took away my insurance so I Xmas go see my primary doc and I'm not gonna go to the hospital and eight 8-10 hours every time the pain is unbearable. I sustained chronic pain and trust me you dnt wanna have this pain and it sucks I gotta deal with it till I go see doc every other month. I did get PT but my script got cancel with 4 visits left I'm gettin all kinds of screwed

jamescasey420

That's what you have to do with UPS/Liberty Mutual. They wrote the book on how to change a story or deny something.
Liberty Mutual is bigger than you might think. Next should be the crank phone calls. You might even be in a staged auto accident by another ins company, probably state farm. Watch out for "million dollar club" members. They try to minimize your claim. When you go to the doctor and they rate your pain 1-10 tell them 11. Since the union took over our health care. They might wanna pick up the bill. You have 1 year to file. Get a good lawyer. UPS is not a team sport, don't count on the union. Take a withdrawl card or work 1 hr. per week to maintain your healthcare. Contact your case worker at LM. Tell them you need "in home care" immediately and transportation. The pills you take probably wont let you drive. Or you shouldn't drive. Your married to them now.

Ouch

Perhaps they react this way in response to those employees who commit comp fraud.
That's a cop-out management answer. How could you fraud workers comp when their doctor says your hurt. Guilty before innocent. The guy was out and ups tried their typical bull:censored2: strong arm tactic. You are just a number to them and they could give a rat's ass about you. If they can terminate you they will get a younger faster person to do your job. Don't trust any of them and a grievance should be filed. I would file one everyday for something. Make them respect you. Document everything. Everyone of them will lie to you and make stuff up. Don't put up with it. Grow a pair and make them be as honest as you can. Sickening.

Ouch

Everyone, makes mistakes.

You have to realize, the "best and brightest" in management at UPS....

Aren't necessarily the "best and brightest".:biggrin:

Be careful, of what you ask for....

Always good advice.

That's uncalled for.... from a newbie part-timer.

Think about, what you are saying.

Your "claim" is.... you have 3 herniated discs from an "on the job" injury.

And are back to work, in 2 1/2 months.

That's a miraculous recovery.

But....

You haven't (claimed) to have filed any grievances (or the disposition)

On what you say, are OSHA safety violations.

Help me out.

-Bug-
I've got 3 bug, and will never be back to work. This guy must be super human.

zul1732

Everyone, makes mistakes.

You have to realize, the "best and brightest" in management at UPS....

Aren't necessarily the "best and brightest".:biggrin:

Be careful, of what you ask for....

Always good advice.

That's uncalled for.... from a newbie part-timer.

Think about, what you are saying.

Your "claim" is.... you have 3 herniated discs from an "on the job" injury.

And are back to work, in 2 1/2 months.

That's a miraculous recovery.

But....

You haven't (claimed) to have filed any grievances (or the disposition)

On what you say, are OSHA safety violations.

Help me out.

-Bug-
Just had surgery for those herniated discs BUG. You know, the ones you questioned the existence of... Only took 10 months before UPS took care of their responsibilities. They even tried to get me to take a lump disability sum. I refused because I just got want to get back to work. I am proud of the work I did in the past, and if I was looking for a windfall I could have gotten it by now. Instead I am rehabbing to get my life back and then get back to work. Told you I'm a badass. Trolling is bad for your health. And your reputation... Have a nice day.

zul1732

It seems the OP has already bailed out, on his own thread.

Pfft.... newbies.

-Bug-
Excuse me? Still here. Recovering from surgery... Sorry I haven't been around but I had other things to do besides troll peoe on the internet... You know, things like waiting 10 months for surgery, and rehabbing because I'm proud to work for a living.

zul1732

Not superhuman, just a woman. Yep. 3 herniated discs. Now 3 weeks post op. Some of us take pride in hard work. But I'm sure trolling is hard work in its own way so good on ya...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Here is the way I read this drama...

You came back to work with limited restrictions, UPS is working you within those restrictions but YOU think you should be doing something else. Now you are thinking we are screwing with you and everything we ask you to do - you question.

You didn't get hurt from some alleged OSHA violation, you got hurt because you were not following the methods...as usual.

So if you cannot work within your restrictions go back to the doctor and have him amend it.

Your career at UPS will be short, be prepared to move on.
Another cinder block office induced perspective, from a guy who couldn't do the job himself.

These guys are more hypnotized than the hourlies they are tasked to manipulate. :obeyhypnosmiley:

Dr.Brownz

Here is the way I read this drama...

You came back to work with limited restrictions, UPS is working you within those restrictions but YOU think you should be doing something else. Now you are thinking we are screwing with you and everything we ask you to do - you question.

You didn't get hurt from some alleged OSHA violation, you got hurt because you were not following the methods...as usual.

So if you cannot work within your restrictions go back to the doctor and have him amend it.

Your career at UPS will be short, be prepared to move on.

We dont have any osha violations everything is fine it is the hourlies fault!!

Am I doing it right? Can I be in management now

undies

I also have several herniated discs and osteo arthritis. What type of surgery did you opt for? Spinal fusion, discectomy or other? I know surgery is in my future!