It sucks to be me...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Welcome to the 21 century. One of the schools I deliver to will now have their students download the books to their personal laptops. I guess kind of like a Kindle and keep a few hardcopies in the classroom. No more lugging hantrucks of text books across the campus any more for me

This actually has several benefits--it will help save your back but it will also ensure that the books are as up to date as possible. Revisions can be made much more quickly to online versions than to hard copies. I think you will soon see the phone book disappear in favor of an online version, due to costs and to the fact that revisions can be made much more quickly. We actually get two different phone books here and both go right in to the recycling bin.

ups1990

Soberups, when you get back from vacation, the summer will still be there and you'll have to work on shedding those pounds you might gain while sitting at home with the ac on.
I too, wait for summer to take my four weeks, but spread them out over 4 months. I'd rather work in the rain than on days where the temp and humidity are sky high.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Soberups, when you get back from vacation, the summer will still be there and you'll have to work on shedding those pounds you might gain while sitting at home with the ac on.
I too, wait for summer to take my four weeks, but spread them out over 4 months. I'd rather work in the rain than on days where the temp and humidity are sky high.

You must have missed the thread where Sober has been talking about his weight loss regimen. I believe he is down to 265 at this point.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
You must have missed the thread where Sober has been talking about his weight loss regimen. I believe he is down to 265 at this point.

Yesterday I was at 263.

This morning, the very first of my vacation, I got up at 7:30 and met a couple of friends at the golf course. We played 9 holes and I walked them off instead of driving a cart. Then when I got home I walked my dogs. I have probably walked 3 miles today. I also have about a cord and a half of firewood rounds in my back yard that I will be splitting with a maul and a sledgehammer and then stacking. My intention is to continue to lose weight during my vacation, rather than sitting on my ass and gaining it all back.

That being said...if we get a heat wave and its 100-plus outside I will definately be getting in some qualiity couch time.

over9five

Staff member
Lol, you don't wanna be here, Sober. We've had two full weeks of high temps and ultra high humidity.

I don't even want to be here....

browniehound

Don't feel guilty Sober, enjoy it!

Someday the "poor schmuck" will have enough juice to get a summer week too!

I'm that "poor schmuck" now. Thanks Over, I Love you too! LOL! Now, I know I'm getting screwed. I have some place to go every summer that would make the love of my life actually happy (possibly? no, not possible!) for one measly week and Sober is sucking up 4 weeks by just sitting in front of the AC. Thanks brother! Ok, I'm done crying for the second time.

Sober, I'm just joking and posted this so perhaps people would get a laugh. Spend your vacation anyway you like, you and everyone at UPS deserve it..

browniehound

Even if I had the 'juice' to take 2 weeks in a row, I don't think I would. Right now its just a pipe dream, but I don't think I would take 2 weeks back-to-back even if I could get them in the winter.

My reason is i gain at least 5 pounds on every vacation. Me and the lady go out every night for dinner and then we always go for drinks after. Its why I really enjoy my vacations spent at home. I get to go out (without my browns on) and enjoy different places that I can't normally go to during the work week because by the time I get home and shower its 9:00pm. So its almost like I'm in another world when me and the lady can go out every night and experience the local atmosphere.

So, come Sunday before I go back to work, I feel like my stomach is going to explode, lol! I can't imagine doing it for another 7 days. Also, if I took 6 weeks in a row like many senior (senior citizen?lol) drivers are doing now, I would look like a parade float or beached whale when I came back!

I've had talks with my fellow drivers and this is the way I would do it. My 6 weeks would be spread out over the year. I would plan it so I could get a week every 7 weeks or so. Also, the weeks would be planned around all the 3-day weekends so that most of them would happen only 3-4 weeks away from a vacation week.

bigbrownhen

I like to spread out my vacation as well. I take two in the spring, one early one late, then one in August, and one right before peak. I took two in a row a few years back, and it took me almost a week to get back in the groove of things. Felt like a slug all week, physically and mentally. I was off 10 weeks for maternity leave, between the extra weight and concern for a newborn at home, it took awhile longer to be back up to pace. I think when I have reached the point when I have more vacation weeks, Ill take off the month of August as well.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I always take the last two weeks before peak, and the rest I take depending on our vacation plans. I also hold a week to use as option days, giving me 10 option days total.

Raw

Raw Member
Yesterday I was at 263.

This morning, the very first of my vacation, I got up at 7:30 and met a couple of friends at the golf course. We played 9 holes and I walked them off instead of driving a cart. Then when I got home I walked my dogs. I have probably walked 3 miles today. I also have about a cord and a half of firewood rounds in my back yard that I will be splitting with a maul and a sledgehammer and then stacking. My intention is to continue to lose weight during my vacation, rather than sitting on my ass and gaining it all back.

That being said...if we get a heat wave and its 100-plus outside I will definately be getting in some qualiity couch time.
How tall are you? To lose weight you need to EAT way less (duh). I invented a quick way to lose weight( it works) . First substitute
one meal a day with a can of slimfast then in a couple weeks substitute two meals a day with a can of slimfast. Do not eat anything between meals. Here`s the kicker : do this ONLY monday - friday! Saturday and Sunday eat ANYTHING you want ANYTIME! You will find that during the week you can do the diet because the weekend is coming soon and then when the weekend is here you will discover that your stomach will have shrunk so much you won`t be able to eat as much as you thought and also you will have such good weight loss results that you won`t want to overdo it that much on weekends but can still enjoy your 2 days off the diet!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How tall are you? To lose weight you need to EAT way less (duh). I invented a quick way to lose weight( it works) . First substitute
one meal a day with a can of slimfast then in a couple weeks substitute two meals a day with a can of slimfast. Do not eat anything between meals. Here`s the kicker : do this ONLY monday - friday! Saturday and Sunday eat ANYTHING you want ANYTIME! You will find that during the week you can do the diet because the weekend is coming soon and then when the weekend is here you will discover that your stomach will have shrunk so much you won`t be able to eat as much as you thought and also you will have such good weight loss results that you won`t want to overdo it that much on weekends but can still enjoy your 2 days off the diet!

This is not very good advice:sick:

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
I have found that in the humid south, I can stand 3 weeks of work, and one off. So since the 1st of June, that's what I've done. Currently in the middle week of 3, so in a week and a half, I am going up to the lake, and get in the water up to my neck, and enjoy...............

evilleace

This sounds like one of the most unhealthy ways to lose weight that I have ever heard of. I would not recommend trying this.

Raw

Raw Member
This sounds like one of the most unhealthy ways to lose weight that I have ever heard of. I would not recommend trying this.
Read the ingredients of slim fast, all the essential minerals and vitamins for the day. People should eat way less than they do, then you won`t weigh 270 pounds! :happy-very:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Well this is how I burned off a few calories on the first weekday of my vacation....
wood1.jpg
wood2.jpg

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I lost 3 pds on vacation. Eating before 6, and nothing after is the key for me. Now Im back to eating late, if at all. So If I could have 15 more weeks of vaca, I could be slim and trim :peaceful: