It's All Over The Contract Is A Go!

SimpleUPSer

I honestly cannot fathom a workforce of p/t employees only. The logistics in itself would be detrimental to productivity, which we all know UPS is very fond of...

I think in many of these discussions the fact has been overlooked that UPS is a business. UPS is not here to provide jobs to anyone, hourly or salary, and the fact that we have our jobs is a byproduct of the company trying to make a profit for the shareowners. That being stated, the company should take care of their employees, but then again, that is a whole new thread.

Interesting discourse on the rail loads. First off, given the state that the rails are in, giving them any additional business would seem to be detrimental to our quality objectives. The only other thing I can fathom is that perhaps to maintain parity with our competitor's (mainly FEDEX) time-in-transit that moving additional loads via rail would may help level that playing field.

There could be other variables that have not crossed my mind (highly likely), and if anyone has more, please share them.

local804

I honestly cannot fathom a workforce of p/t employees only. The logistics in itself would be detrimental to productivity, which we all know UPS is very fond of...

I think in many of these discussions the fact has been overlooked that UPS is a business. UPS is not here to provide jobs to anyone, hourly or salary, and the fact that we have our jobs is a byproduct of the company trying to make a profit for the shareowners. That being stated, the company should take care of their employees, but then again, that is a whole new thread.

Interesting discourse on the rail loads. First off, given the state that the rails are in, giving them any additional business would seem to be detrimental to our quality objectives. The only other thing I can fathom is that perhaps to maintain parity with our competitor's (mainly FEDEX) time-in-transit that moving additional loads via rail would may help level that playing field.

There could be other variables that have not crossed my mind (highly likely), and if anyone has more, please share them.

The cometition they are talking about is USPS as per the competition commitee in the upcoming contract. I do agree totally with trick re: the 3 year feeder classification. They wouldnt add it if they didnt have a plan. The 3 year feeder classification which they speak only affect a minority of the feeder driver and there voices will be unheard when they are laid off. The old language stated 10 years with the company but now its was lowered to 3 years in a specific "feeder classification".

local804

Yes the contract is over. Im happy it passed but Im a little disappointed the teamsters did't go all out for there members.
The pension could have been improved greatly. ( Better spousel plan)
( no COLA , inflation will eat up your monthly check) ( 25 and out at any age should have been 2500) (25 and 57 should equal 3000) ( 30 and out 3500) and yes it could be worse but we have made this company very wealthy. To adopt what we won in 97 does not cut it in my opion.
With part time starting wages being the same since I started in 81
I cant believe this is healthy. It will be hard to attract better employees
a revolving door will be norm.
9.5 lanuage doesn't appear to be any different.
Im not sure about the maniditory lunch hour. Who really wants to take a full Hour? I wana go home!
Also back to the pension. Its scares the heck out of being shoved back into cs at age 65. That cant be a positive!
Anyway your right the union has negiotiated . The members have spoken and we have to accept this and carry on.
Happy New Year and may the Bronco's win the Superbowl! :funny:

Broncos win the superbowl?
lol lol lol

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
The cometition they are talking about is USPS as per the competition commitee in the upcoming contract. I do agree totally with trick re: the 3 year feeder classification. They wouldnt add it if they didnt have a plan. The 3 year feeder classification which they speak only affect a minority of the feeder driver and there voices will be unheard when they are laid off. The old language stated 10 years with the company but now its was lowered to 3 years in a specific "feeder classification".

Their plan is to slowly
eliminate the feeder department.

brazenbrown

Actually, it is true. You were one of the many. Go along to get along, isn't that your mantra?

The truth is that there was a group of people that registered over the last couple of months (not everyone) that were hell bent on pushing their agenda. The site admin, Cheryl even mentioned that she had threats from them on taking down this site. Also, 705red posted that he himself was on a conference call where they mentioned this site by name and to come here and spread their misinformation. This is a fact and you don't have to believe it and can just continue to bury your head in the sand of discontent!

What are you, a catholic priest? He abbreviated a word that most people use probably everyday. Class has nothing to do with it, stop fooling yourself. You really think you're something, don't you? You're as soft as they come, cupcake.

His response as well as your's just proves the hostility and negativity you both hold within you.

Perhaps you should start opening up the lines of communication more effectively so you don't have a heart attack!!

Cheers!:wink2:

Last edited:

brazenbrown

Can i ask you if local 705 and 710 get a better contract will this upset you? Are you aware that the national has reopened the national contract after local 705 negioated better at least 3 times over the years. In 705 we have been campaigning against this contract since the offer was put out to the members on the national level, which will make it much easier to vote down the same offer or negioate a much better contract. Just dont hate us when we hold out to get what we deserve and dont hate us when we receive what you should have received if you had stood together. I understand alot of people voted yes because it benefited you (current upsers) but it sold out the future upser to come, and in 705 this will not happen!

Hey Red,

If you do better than you do better. I guess that's what you've earned for holding out for a better contract! I don't know why you'd think anyone would hate you for pursuing what you think is right...:wink2:

sawdusttv

Can i ask you if local 705 and 710 get a better contract will this upset you? Are you aware that the national has reopened the national contract after local 705 negioated better at least 3 times over the years. In 705 we have been campaigning against this contract since the offer was put out to the members on the national level, which will make it much easier to vote down the same offer or negioate a much better contract. Just dont hate us when we hold out to get what we deserve and dont hate us when we receive what you should have received if you had stood together. I understand alot of people voted yes because it benefited you (current upsers) but it sold out the future upser to come, and in 705 this will not happen!

RED,
My only regret is that I am not up there with you. What you stated is exactly what I tried so hard to get across to others. But obviously I failed!! Please do me a favor, however!
When you guys up there do get what all of us should have gotten, please come on this forum and rub it hard in everyones faces. That way, maybe they will remember next time and open there ears and minds.
Anyway, show them how it is done, and good luck to you all up there!

tieguy

Banned
RED,
My only regret is that I am not up there with you. What you stated is exactly what I tried so hard to get across to others. But obviously I failed!! Please do me a favor, however!
When you guys up there do get what all of us should have gotten, please come on this forum and rub it hard in everyones faces. That way, maybe they will remember next time and open there ears and minds.
Anyway, show them how it is done, and good luck to you all up there!

Sounds like some sour grapes.

Hey red question. Since you guys don't vote on the national then your negotiations are basically just for your supplement?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Hey red question. Since you guys don't vote on the national then your negotiations are basically just for your supplement?

Pardon my intrusion Mr. Tieguy, but I believe the negotiations are for the "TEAMSTER LOCAL 705 UNITED PARCEL SERVICE AGREEMENT", which is similar to, but separate from, the NMA. It, and the letters of understanding in the back, includes additional language covering what I assume is in elsewhere's riders, supplements, addenda, etc.

...the local unions in the chicago area that ..... call a "wildcat" when the company continues to violate language that has been grieved and won by the union. ...

As I understand it, since we have a separate contract, it would not be considered a "wildcat".

tieguy

Banned
Pardon my intrusion Mr. Tieguy, but I believe the negotiations are for the "TEAMSTER LOCAL 705 UNITED PARCEL SERVICE AGREEMENT", which is similar to, but separate from, the NMA. It, and the letters of understanding in the back, includes additional language covering what I assume is in elsewhere's riders, supplements, addenda, etc.As I understand it, since we have a separate contract, it would not be considered a "wildcat".

not sure about the pardon my intrusion part. I'm curious about the seperation of your negotiations from the national. Since you don't vote on the national does the national apply to your local? Or are your negotiations basically like a supplement?

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
No. It's NOT a supplement. It's a seperate contract that follows but does not duplicate the national. Therefore many of the shortcomings of the national can be weeded out. :happy2:

705red

Browncafe Steward
The truth is that there was a group of people that registered over the last couple of months (not everyone) that were hell bent on pushing their agenda. The site admin, Cheryl even mentioned that she had threats from them on taking down this site. Also, 705red posted that he himself was on a conference call where they mentioned this site by name and to come here and spread their misinformation. This is a fact and you don't have to believe it and can just continue to bury your head in the sand of discontent!

His response as well as your's just proves the hostility and negativity you both hold within you.

Perhaps you should start opening up the lines of communication more effectively so you don't have a heart attack!!

Cheers!:wink2:
Brazen you misqouted me! I did say that i was on a conference call were they brought up this site at the end of the call. The purpose was to bring attention to the contract and at no time did they or i attempt to spread mis-information.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Sounds like some sour grapes.

Tie, locals 705 and 710 both have totaaly seperate contracts. It is not a seperate supplement, etc. The whole contract is negioated by our 705 elected staff and several rank and filers who will be on the negioating committee, unlike the national who only use elected or appointed officials we the members have a say.

I can say that the national is a sort of guideline to work off, but i dont see all of those givebacks applying here. Our ups agents are very aware of our feelings and if they even put this contract out for a vote it will be the end of their run in local office.