IVIS recording audio in-cab?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I think the understanding ups cannot eavesdrop....they cannot use the diad or ivis to eavesdrop.....that's my point.

Yes a communication or phone call through the diad or ivis would be a one party consent. There may be states that require you to state the fact you are recording over phone but I'm not sure on that

I believe there are 12 states with a one party law. If one party knows it is being recorded, it is legal.

I believe the other 38 are two party states. Both parties must be aware that it is being recorded.

I don't believe that there are any states that allow a third party to record two other parties except in the case of employers recording employees who are using company provided phones or computers.

And we do not make calls using the DIAD or IVIS.

It is illegal for your employer to use these devices to record you without your knowledge.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
downloadfile-19.jpeg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
No. If they were it would be for a reason we all would have heard about by now.

I agree. But I am trying to get the opinion of @joeboodog.

He disagreed with my earlier post. I said I highly doubt it. Which means they are not. I also said anything is possible, which could mean they could be.

So did he disagree that they are recording? Or did he disagree that they are not recording. He clicked a button and didn't explain which one he means.

Or did he disagree that I'm a damn good singer?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I agree. But I am trying to get the opinion of @joeboodog.

He disagreed with my earlier post. I said I highly doubt it. Which means they are not. I also said anything is possible, which could mean they could be.

So did he disagree that they are recording? Or did he disagree that they are not recording. He clicked a button and didn't explain which one he means.

Or did he disagree that I'm a damn good singer?
Sorry. Hit disagree by accident when I was scrolling down the posts. I am sure you are a delightful singer. I think this whole thread is laughable. If management has nothing better to do than spy on our in cab habits we are in deep trouble. Again, sorry for my fat thumbs.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Sorry. Hit disagree by accident when I was scrolling down the posts. I am sure you are a delightful singer. I think this whole thread is laughable. If management has nothing better to do than spy on our in cab habits we are in deep trouble. Again, sorry for my fat thumbs.

No big deal. I was just a little confused.

If I said that UPS does record the IVIS and DIAD, a disagree is self explanatory.

I think it is laughable also.

In the package centers though, I do see them all huddled around the computer screen watching all those little triangles move around the map all day long.

bigrig

Black tape over mic and ups hat over ivis got it covered no video or audio. I have noticed a green light randomly comes on after truck is turned off. Have any of you experienced this. It started on the last gps upgrade. The light has a marking a and b. Top left corner.

anonymousupsman

Black tape over mic and ups hat over ivis got it covered no video or audio. I have noticed a green light randomly comes on after truck is turned off. Have any of you experienced this. It started on the last gps upgrade. The light has a marking a and b. Top left corner.

The A is outgoing communications.
The B is incoming communications.

What those communications are is not exactly clear. But most likely telling us what bay numbers to put the trailers in, where our GPS location is, and letting the other computer systems know we are on or off property

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The A is outgoing communications.
The B is incoming communications.

What those communications are is not exactly clear. But most likely telling us what bay numbers to put the trailers in, where our GPS location is, and letting the other computer systems know we are on or off property

The only time I have ever seen any of those two lights come on is when I am in Shiftcom. And they only come on ocassionally, not all the time.