Jack Burton

Jack Burton is my favorite new brown cafe rising star. It makes me feel good as a steward to know that there are other drivers around the country who get it. Who are the other posters on here in your opinion who get it we are talking UPS SMARTS. Where I work they are far and few between.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jack Burton is my favorite new brown cafe rising star. It makes me feel good as a steward to know that there are other drivers around the country who get it. Who are the other posters on here in your opinion who get it we are talking UPS SMARTS. Where I work they are far and few between.

anonymous, he's a UPSer that I'm proud to call a union brother and co-worker. If there were more stewards and brothers/sisters here at UPS like him, we'd not have half the problems we have now. Unfortunately, the old timers are leaving and the new hires just don't get it, no matter how much we try to pass on the information.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I enjoy Jackburton too, he sounds like one of my fellow Local 728 boys. I run around a lot of the same places he does and I share a lot of his views. He sounds like he has been around for a while and he understands the Brown Machine like I do.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

brownbaggin

He gives k-mart a run for his money in the Current Events thread without losing his sense of self.

Soberups

I enjoy his common sense and ability to trade punches with P-man while remaining respectul. Could be a bit more concise in his posts but I have yet to read one that I didn't agree at least in part with.

guinness413

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Jack Burton..

Jack Burton counted to infinity - twice...

We once had a bachelor party for Burton. He ate the entire cake, before we could tell him there was a stripper in it.

Re-Raise

We really shook the pillars of Heaven, didn't we Wang?

The saddest part is that I actually know these Jack Burton quotes.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
We really shook the pillars of Heaven, didn't we Wang?

The saddest part is that I actually know these Jack Burton quotes.

I haven't seen that movie in ages, but it was the prototypical mid-to-late 80's Kurt Russell flick that I enjoy. Anyway, whenever I have to search the entire frickin' load for a pkg that the pre-loader couldn't be bothered to put on the right shelf, I too find myself quoting lines from that movie. Actually, its just one in particular, and its from Lo Pan: "This *reeeeeeeallly* pisses me off to no end!". Then I think about what I said, and how much I'm getting paid, and all of a sudden, I smile. Ahhh, the simple things...

Re-Raise

I haven't seen that movie in ages, but it was the prototypical mid-to-late 80's Kurt Russell flick that I enjoy. Anyway, whenever I have to search the entire frickin' load for a pkg that the pre-loader couldn't be bothered to put on the right shelf, I too find myself quoting lines from that movie. Actually, its just one in particular, and its from Lo Pan: "This *reeeeeeeallly* pisses me off to no end!". Then I think about what I said, and how much I'm getting paid, and all of a sudden, I smile. Ahhh, the simple things...

Ha ha. One of the best parts in that movie is at the end during the big fight scene when Jack fires the machine gun into the ceiling and the stuff falls on his head and knocks him out for most of the fight.

satellitedriver

My favorites, and they all apply to Brown.

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that:
"Have ya paid your dues, Jack?"
" The check is in the mail."

Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."