Jan. 20, 2009', Out With the Old, In With the New!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by wkmac, Nov 14, 2008.

1. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

2. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Of 47 appointments so far.........31 have / had associations with Bill Clinton's administration.

So much for bringing fresh faces. ( another promise that has not been kept ).
  3. chev

chev Nightcrawler

Wow....Look at all the Washington insiders. It's all about CHANGE ........What a joke.:angry:
  4. chev

chev Nightcrawler

Only one problem with that pic. You need to remove the lapel pin on the second pic. You wouldn't want to offend his terrorist buddies.
  5. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

From Glenn Greenwald @ Salon:

He also points out in the same piece an area of concern for those who think real change is coming:

Say Clintonistas!

For those still under the illusion that Bush was some bad anomally of nature, you better wake up real quick.

Even Steve Kroft of 60 Minutes on Feb. 27th 2000' said the following on a 60 Minutes piece on Echelon:

There is more to this "Clinton" era civil liberteries violation if you dare read it.

On the Echelon program: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECHELON

It got so bad with even claims of industrial espionage that European gov't launched major investigations.

Democrats like to point the boney figure of contempt at Bush but they forget to look in the historical mirror and see the framework laid by their own previous messiah who occupied the White House. It's this same messianic adminstration who will now provide the footsoldiers for the new messiah going forward.

Considering the hues and cries against the nationalistic state over the last 8 years, I find it ironic at the deafning silence from the same crowd over this:

and when you consider this from the chief "go-too" guy Obama just picked.

Had Bush on his Neo-Con Chorus publically proposed such an idea, I dare say democrats might have actually repealed all gun laws, purchased every assault weapon in sight and have taken to the streets in opposition.

Listen closely and you'll hear the loudness of the protests from them on this new idea. Listen! Hear it? No? Oh yeah, I thought those crickets were them protesting. Goes to show I just give them way to much credit!

"V" for Vendetta!
  6. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Looks like the mighty O has picked another " insider ".
    His choice for White House Consul is a well known Wash DC lawyer who ran Bill Clinton's impeachment defense.

If he does offer a job to Hillary, she will fit in quite comfortably , so many familiar faces.:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:
  7. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

Kmac.......I think you've been watching to many Scooby Doo episodes....Rut Row.....:cool_dog:
  8. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Truth hurts don't it D!

Have a good Sunday!
  9. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

Hey D, did ya see this today?

This concerns the G20 Summit but what I wanted to point out was who Obama sent. Madeleine Albright we all know her abysmal record of neo-imperialism but what I wanted to bring out was Jame A. Leach. Mr. Leach is a fromer republican Congressman from Iowa who on the one hand you might think, "Ah, bipartisanship! Good thing." but let's consider a bit deeper. Leach is also well know in the form of legislation that includes his name in the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Services Modernization Act that repealed much of Glass Steagall and was considered one of the reasons behind the subprime mortgage crisis.

It's a bit like having the thugs who nearly beat the victim to death now be the ICU doctors taking care of said victim!

You're Right! You're Right! This new adminstration is all about

The only change is the mask itself!

10. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Read an article today praising O for having so many Clintonites on his staff. The article implied that these " insiders " could bridge the gap to Congress.
    Funny I thought his campaign was all about being an " outsider " who was going to reform all of washington ?
  11. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

You actually believed any of that crap? LOL
  12. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

56 million people did so what the hay! Then again, nearly 50 million believe the otherside's crap being thrown around. Makes you wonder what's the point of going through the motions every 4 years because in the end America just gets :censored2: on when it's all said and done.

No wonder the rest of the world hates us. We always smell like :censored2:!

13. over9five

over9five Senior Member Staff Member

Many of us didn't believe that "crap", and we're all now proved right! Unfortunately, MANY gullible fools did fall for that "change" crap!
  14. diesel96

diesel96 New Member

Obama's first major appointments have been Democrats who worked for or associated with President Clinton BUT did not endorse him or the Mrs. in the primary: Transition chief John Podesta and Rep. Rahm Emanuel, who will be White House chief of staff, stayed neutral, and Ron Klain, who will be Joe Biden's chief of staff, backed Biden. And who knows, Obama and advisers may or may not be weighing offers to Hillary herself the Cabinet plum of Secretary of State.
    Anyhow, most of those appointees weren't West Wing heavy-hitters at all, but lower-profile policy hands. I say the jury is still out, and most here are way over-reacting like eating sour grapes.