Old 22.4 Progression Problem

Maggot87

So I am waiting for my union rep to get back to me about this situation. I will be as short as possible.

1st day driving/progression, June 2021

Became ft 22.4/new progression January 2022

In the old contract, it states that the FT senority date is the new progression date set forth, but now that the 22.4 language is abolished. I would think it shouldn't apply, So I should go to my original progression date. June 2021. I am at 25.75, should be at 26.75 with my June date.

Anyone else deal with this yet?

nWo

Your seniority date should be your first ft date. So January 2022. Pretty sure TCD is a seasonal position. It doesn't count towards ft progression.

Maggot87

My RPCD progression starts our first day we start qualifying/driving. Union rep told me. But the 22.4 had it written for the progression to start over and then use that date. The 22.4 language isn't in our contract no more, I should be back to my original start date. That first day driving is when everyones progression starts as a driver.

I have a fellow 22.4 guy, gained ft seniority the day before me. Be is at 3 years progression while I'm at 1.5......

542thruNthru

My RPCD progression starts our first day we start qualifying/driving. Union rep told me. But the 22.4 had it written for the progression to start over and then use that date.
where was this written? Sure wasnt in the NMA.
The 22.4 language isn't in our contract no more, I should be back to my original start date. That first day driving is when everyones progression starts as a driver.

I have a fellow 22.4 guy, gained ft seniority the day before me. Be is at 3 years progression while I'm at 1.5......
What supplement are you?

Maggot87

Hopefully the picture works. Terrible idea to start a new progression day for 22.4s. Thank God that's done.

Central PA

Attachments

• PXL_20230906_163214045.jpg
    PXL_20230906_163214045.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 33

nWo

Did you qualify as a TCD? I would file a grievance on it.

This is from the Central PA Supplement. It says TCD time counts towards wage progression. But then it says the rate of pay is the starting package driver rate.

Screenshot_20230908-010444.png

Maggot87

Thank you Soo much @nWo

This gives me plenty of info for them to fix my :censored2:. I have my 2018-2023 union book. And the new contract in paper form I'm bringing them today to prove them I'm right.

542thruNthru

So I am waiting for my union rep to get back to me about this situation. I will be as short as possible.

1st day driving/progression, June 2021

Became ft 22.4/new progression January 2022

In the old contract, it states that the FT senority date is the new progression date set forth, but now that the 22.4 language is abolished. I would think it shouldn't apply, So I should go to my original progression date. June 2021. I am at 25.75, should be at 26.75 with my June date.

Anyone else deal with this yet?
This seems to say your TCD time counts.
Screenshot_20230908_112344_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Maggot87

My union rep said he talked to labor and said they are going to correct it. We shall see. A sup sent a email to payroll as they have my progression date as January, not June the year before.

So they are using a loophole, or trying to. They said seeing how I became fulltime in less than a year after starting driving....they use my January FT date for progression.

My sup also said payroll just increased the pay by going off what I was getting paid previously. Make sense, if progression date is right.

Let us not forget, no one really knows the new contract. Specially payroll and labor. Probably only know the language that benefits the company from last contract.

Hoping for good news early next week.

Maggot87

There should be a spot that says the only time it doesn't count is when you come from a position that is not a driving position.
What?....new drivers come from PT or off the streets. No idea what you mean.

Hopefully they fix it, hope y'all spread the word to other 22.4 conversion drivers. So they get their proper progression pay.

Maggot87

Well I check my time card today. Updates to my proper 26.75. Shall see if the paycheck is correct in a few days too, then the back pay.