Jan Brewer may be an old hag, but at least she knows when to use common sense!

island1fox

You dont like when the "fox narrative" is used against Republicans, eh?

TOS.

Very sad ! Out with the old racists --in with the new --out with the haters --in with the new haters.

You have to tell me some day ---look in the mirror --How does it feel to see what you claim to stand against and hate ???

I

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Very sad ! Out with the old racists --in with the new --out with the haters --in with the new haters.

You have to tell me some day ---look in the mirror --How does it feel to see what you claim to stand against and hate ???

I

Sorry "POPS", but if its ok for limbaugh to bag on hillarys age and fox news, then its ok for me to call Jan Brewer a hag.

Dont like it?

Dont support fox or limbaugh.

TOS.

island1fox

raceanoncr,
:sad2:
The saddest thing to me --is not the childish blaming and the Fox news Rush blah blah blah,:childish:--but rather for a person who has claimed he has done well financially -lives in a great neighborhood with family and friends --yet displays pure hatred.
He claims to hate the name callers and the people that Discriminate --age race --whatever --then regularly in his posts goes off with Racial or Age insulting and insensitive comments.

I only hope and pray --this should be a fun thing posting on BC --not a war of who is winning or losing or who I can destroy---that people that truly have hate in their hearts --find a way to help themselves -before the hate consumes them.:peaceful:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
South Carolina’s 15-year-old law,was signed by Governor Jim Hodges (D) , which few realized was on the books, is like 17 others nationwide and one approved by Congress that protects individuals or businesses’ faith practices from government intrusion, according to the Washington-based American Religious Freedom Program.

South Carolina’s law, for instance, would allow a restaurant – such as Chick-fil-A – that did not want to open on Sundays, based on religious grounds, to get a business license in a city that requires merchants to remain open all week, Gov. Nikki Haley’s office said.

http://www.thestate.com/2014/02/26/3293439/sc-already-has-a-version-of-controversial.html

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
raceanoncr,
:sad2:
The saddest thing to me --is not the childish blaming and the Fox news Rush blah blah blah,:childish:--but rather for a person who has claimed he has done well financially -lives in a great neighborhood with family and friends --yet displays pure hatred.
He claims to hate the name callers and the people that Discriminate --age race --whatever --then regularly in his posts goes off with Racial or Age insulting and insensitive comments.

I only hope and pray --this should be a fun thing posting on BC --not a war of who is winning or losing or who I can destroy---that people that truly have hate in their hearts --find a way to help themselves -before the hate consumes them.:peaceful:

Aww, another one who doesnt like when its dished out backatcha. Your sadness about it all comes from man who continually blames BLACKS for all the countries woes.

Blacks teen pregnancy, black unemployment, black crime, black teens ditching school, Black single mothers, black gangs, and just plain blacks in general.

Your constant reference to blacks shows what kind of mindset you have. NOT once will you point out the multitude of whites on welfare or food stamps, but simply, blame the black community for this country's spending problem.

I dont feel sorry for you in the sense you may wish, your hatred is responded to accordingly and you just dont like it.

TOS.

raceanoncr

Aww, another one who doesnt like when its dished out backatcha. Your sadness about it all comes from man who continually blames BLACKS for all the countries woes.

Blacks teen preg , black unemployment, black crime, black teens ditching school, Black single mothers, black gangs, and just plain blacks in general.

Your constant reference to blacks shows what kind of mindset you have. NOT once will you point out the multitude of whites on welfare or food stamps, but simply, blame the black community for this country's spending problem.

I dont feel sorry for you in the sense you may wish, your hatred is responded to accordingly and you just dont like it.

TOS.

"I know you are but..." Here we go again.

It's EVERYONE ELSES fault, not MINE!

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
It's been said it before and I'll say it again... The best solution for dealing with a Troll is to pretend like he's not there.

The troll's specific agenda is to get you all riled up and some of you take the bait all too often.

We've labeled him and queued him because he can't control himself, yet he still has an affect on some of you...

For instance, this thread would only have a few troll posts in it if you had ignored the troll... Peace!

island1fox

Blacks teen preg , black unemployment, black crime, black teens ditching school, Black single mothers, black gangs, and just plain blacks in general.

TOS.
tos,

You are a waste of time. The President of the United States Yesterday identified the same problems I have mentioned.- My Brothers Keeper --Stop listening to Fox and Rush --you may actually learn something. Grow up !

island1fox

It's been said it before and I'll say it again... The best solution for dealing with a Troll is to pretend like he's not there.

The troll's specific agenda is to get you all riled up and some of you take the bait all too often.

We've labeled him and queued him because he can't control himself, yet he still has an affect on some of you...

For instance, this thread would only have a few troll posts in it if you had ignored the troll... Peace!

Tony,

I am one of those people who have continued to feed TOS.

I enjoy and respect different positions and points of view.

I never like to say I have given up on anything -----but I am finished responding to TOS .

wkmac

Looking at the posts since Friday, just felt this needed a bump.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Big arrow, if I owned a business, lets say a restaurant, and you (for conversations sake) were jewish and you and your wife and kids came in and "I" saw your star of david around your neck, would you say it would be OK for me to ask you to leave my business because your religious views conflicted with my religious views ( assuming i was a wacked out christian) ?

Now, its clear the JEWS dont believe that jesus was the son of god, and rather than jesus was a fraud, and as a christian that isnt my belief so would it be ok to deny you service on that basis until you accepted jesus as the son of god?

This bill, was a rouse, started in New Mexico when the Alliance defending freedom put up a couple of dummies to be the test case for religious expression.

They ended up getting that couple sued, and lost not only in the lower courts but also in the high court.

Its time for religious kooks to honor their religions in their hearts and stop trying to push their beliefs onto everyone else like the taliban.

TOS.

Overpaid Union Thug

Big arrow, if I owned a business, lets say a restaurant, and you (for conversations sake) were jewish and you and your wife and kids came in and "I" saw your star of david around your neck, would you say it would be OK for me to ask you to leave my business because your religious views conflicted with my religious views ( assuming i was a wacked out christian) ?

Now, its clear the JEWS dont believe that jesus was the son of god, and rather than jesus was a fraud, and as a christian that isnt my belief so would it be ok to deny you service on that basis until you accepted jesus as the son of god?

You did not state the nature of the fictitious business but in all likelihood I'd be able to clean your clock in court if you denied me services simply because I'm Jewish. This isn't even close to an apples to apples comparison though. You are talking denying services only BECAUSE someone is Jewish. Not because they are asking you to do something that is against your religion. And your words "assuming i was a wacked out christian" is very telling and revealing about your lack of tolerance for other people's religious views. How ironic. And you clearly have little understanding of the current laws on the books.

This bill, was a rouse, started in New Mexico when the Alliance defending freedom put up a couple of dummies to be the test case for religious expression.

They ended up getting that couple sued, and lost not only in the lower courts but also in the high court.

Its time for religious kooks to honor their religions in their hearts and stop trying to push their beliefs onto everyone else like the taliban.

TOS.

Again...your comments are very telling and revealing of your own intolerance of religion and ignorance of The Constitution and Christianity in general. The First Amendment protects Americans from the likes of you. No one is restricted to honoring their religions in their hearts (per the First Amendment). In fact, most religions suggest or require that their followers spread the word and not suppress their beliefs. And even suggesting that what's going on in the U.S. is in anyway similar to what the Taliban does is one of the silliest things I've ever read in my 15 years on this board.

With that said....I think that the bill was probably overkill and wasn't needed. The media did what they do best and over sensationalized the issue by making the average American naively believe that the SB1062 was a discriminatory law that was going to allow business to just discriminate at will for any reason they felt. And that couldn't have been any further from the truth.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You did not state the nature of the fictitious business but in all likelihood I'd be able to clean your clock in court if you denied me services simply because I'm Jewish. This isn't even close to an apples to apples comparison though. You are talking denying services only BECAUSE someone is Jewish. Not because they are asking you to do something that is against your religion. And your words "assuming i was a wacked out christian" is very telling and revealing about your lack of tolerance for other people's religious views. How ironic. And you clearly have little understanding of the current laws on the books.

Again...your comments are very telling and revealing of your own intolerance of religion and ignorance of The Constitution and Christianity in general. The First Amendment protects Americans from the likes of you. No one is restricted to honoring their religions in their hearts (per the First Amendment). In fact, most religions suggest or require that their followers spread the word and not suppress their beliefs. And even suggesting that what's going on in the U.S. is in anyway similar to what the Taliban does is one of the silliest things I've ever read in my 15 years on this board.

With that said....I think that the bill was probably overkill and wasn't needed. The media did what they do best and over sensationalized the issue by making the average American naively believe that the SB1062 was a discriminatory law that was going to allow business to just discriminate at will for any reason they felt. And that couldn't have been any further from the truth.

Your not addressing THIS bill's intention as "I" was in a ficticious nature. Of course there are current laws to protect people, as in New Mexico, where the photographer LOST her case in court because she did IN FACT deny service to a lesbian couple.

She and her husband violated a state law protecting persons from being discriminated against for sexual orientation.

Of course this bill is OVERKILL, but yet, the religious zealots who tried to pass it attempted to confuse the issue and hide its intentions. Thats why the uproar.

If this bill was signed by Jan Brewer, and I denied you service in my ficticious business in my illustration, you would NOT HAVE the right to SUE me for any reason.

I expressed my religious beliefs and opposed yours (ficticiously of course) and asked you to leave on that basis.

At that point, SB1062 would have protected me and "MY" religious beliefs.

This was the point of the opposition. It opens the door to such nonsense. While the intention was to deny GAY couples and protect christians from serving them, it also opened the door to other forms of religious denials.

Lets say I was a tow truck driver and you called for a pickup because you were stranded along side the road. I arrive and notice your star of david and then I decide that I dont believe in the jewish religion so I refuse to pick up your car, would that be ok for you as long as I cited my religious beliefs for doing so??

Lets stick with the case at hand. Think about it from the perspective of SB1062.

This is what it was about, it was what is contained in the bill and the ultimate reason it was vetoed. It was an END RUN on discriminatory protections.

You have to think outside the box (sotospeak) to grasp the ramifications that could arise from such a bill.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
You did not state the nature of the fictitious business but in all likelihood I'd be able to clean your clock in court if you denied me services simply because I'm Jewish. This isn't even close to an apples to apples comparison though. You are talking denying services only BECAUSE someone is Jewish.
quote]

On the contrary, I explained in my ficticious scenario, that you were jewish and you did not believe that jesus was the son of god, and "I" an extremist christian, believes that he is, and by serving you, I would be going against my own beliefs by serving a non believer.

That would be MY defense with the backing of SB1062 which would protect my religious beliefs in denying you service.

While the proponents of SB1062, the Alliance Defending Freedom, an extremist Christian group try to simplify the bill saying it was "no big deal", it was in fact, A big deal.

While I am in fact talking about denying you service because you were jewish, so is denying service because someone is gay.

You believe you may be able to sue me in court for such actions, but if you read and understood SB1062, you will find that YOU would NOT BE ABLE TO SUE me in Arizona for anything at all.

I would be a protected class.

There was alot more to this bill than the right wing media wants it made out to be.

Thanks for the discussion.

TOS.