Jet Blue to hire Pilots..no flight experience necessary.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Planes are so computerized that most pilots are so dependent on the flight information that they really don't know how to fly a plane because they were never trained to do so. A few years ago when that Air France plane fell into the ocean off the coast of South America the flow tubes were showing that the plane was flying much faster than it actually was. When it stalled the crew didn't know how to restart and correct the engines . As result it fell out of the sky and killed everybody.
That accident wasn't an over reliance of flight information, it was all caused by their interpretation. When they were over the Atlantic they were surrounded by thunderstorms which causes some disorientation, when you throw an unreliable airspeed indication on top of that you have a real issue. They should have done something known as pitch and power, set the nose to a certain positive degree of pitch and a known power setting. But they were so confused that they just never did it.

And before you say "OH OH! See! Too much communication." That can happen in any aircraft. I never understood how something like that could happen until I did unusual attitudes in the aircraft. It's freaky when your body tells you that you're in a right turn to the left nose down only to look up to realize you're 12 degrees nose up with a 45 degree bank to the right.

overflowed

That accident wasn't an over reliance of flight information, it was all caused by their interpretation. When they were over the Atlantic they were surrounded by thunderstorms which causes some disorientation, when you throw an unreliable airspeed indication on top of that you have a real issue. They should have done something known as pitch and power, set the nose to a certain positive degree of pitch and a known power setting. But they were so confused that they just never did it.

And before you say "OH OH! See! Too much communication." That can happen in any aircraft. I never understood how something like that could happen until I did unusual attitudes in the aircraft. It's freaky when your body tells you that you're in a right turn to the left nose down only to look up to realize you're 12 degrees nose up with a 45 degree bank to the right.
I used to drag race cars when I was your age. Same thing kinda? We have pilot managers at fedex as well.