Our Pilots

vantexan

First off DUDE I don't attack anyone but you,so stop making it about class hatred they got theirs good for them,pay the same tax rate I pay and it's cool. I can not afford accountants to hide my money nor do I make mine in Capital Gains,,but the same can be said about you. Do you think a rich person is reading this and is going to give you some of their millions ? I think you have Rich people envy because maybe you think you will hit the lottery or you will find it somewhere. Guess what it's not happening. I don't give a damn about the rich I give a damn about the rich whining about they pay too much. There is no sympathy for them and rightfully so. By the way I do fine,if I ever came into that much money I would give it all away to the less fortunate. I only envy people with Super Powers other than that I could care less about anyone and their riches,but you sure do. By the way the CBO does not back up your figures on Income Tax funny when it fits your agenda they are the go to but they also said Obamacare will reduce the budget so I'm guessing you agree ? So which is it the CBO on income tax right or Obamacare wrong ? And if obamacare is wrong please tell me which part is wrong because I'm sure you read all 2,000 pages,you not your B.S. Sources, You tell me which part and tell me the page it is on.

Yawn...

vantexan

Are you a Communist ? Do you support Communism ? If you don't please tell me everything in your home is made in the U.S.A. right. Hypocrite. Almost everything you own is probably made in China. So when you purge your home of all chinese goods talk to me Commie. And no the Economist did not quote them liar,don't try and make them seem legit.

You are ignoring the point that a mother of two in Pennsylvania grossing $29,000 a year can get enough from the government to be better off when you add everything up than a woman who makes $69,000 there before taxes. There's no incentive to improve your lot if the government gives you so much, and it puts a real burden on taxpayers. But that's what you do, attack the messenger to keep the message from being heard. I'm sure you've heard of the Child Earned Income Credit? The government is letting people with tax I.D. cards, no Social Security Number, to file income tax returns claiming $1000 per child credit even if they have no earned income. The IRS freely admits that 95% filing with tax I.D. cards are most likely illegals as citizens have Social Security numbers. In 2010 they paid out $5.4 Billion in returns to these people. If I remember right in 2001 it was like $124 Million. This is the kind of stuff that's eating us alive.

StuffItFred

Our Pilots was the original topic. LMAO, only here in the short time I have been around I see it go south in a short manner. None of us can fix the current defecit or has the answer for Washington. If so none of us would be posting on this forum thats for sure. Can't we all just get along as either fellow employees or fellow coworkers in the same industry. I come here to escape from some of the everyday political BS! LOL have a good day! ;)

MAKAVELI

Are you a Communist ? Do you support Communism ? If you don't please tell me everything in your home is made in the U.S.A. right. Hypocrite. Almost everything you own is probably made in China. So when you purge your home of all chinese goods talk to me Commie. And no the Economist did not quote them liar,don't try and make them seem legit.

You are ignoring the point that a mother of two in Pennsylvania grossing $29,000 a year can get enough from the government to be better off when you add everything up than a woman who makes $69,000 there before taxes. There's no incentive to improve your lot if the government gives you so much, and it puts a real burden on taxpayers. But that's what you do, attack the messenger to keep the message from being heard. I'm sure you've heard of the Child Earned Income Credit? The government is letting people with tax I.D. cards, no Social Security Number, to file income tax returns claiming $1000 per child credit even if they have no earned income. The IRS freely admits that 95% filing with tax I.D. cards are most likely illegals as citizens have Social Security numbers. In 2010 they paid out $5.4 Billion in returns to these people. If I remember right in 2001 it was like $124 Million. This is the kind of stuff that's eating us alive.

You are talking out your ass again and check your info through the IRS website .

Lordtekk

Yawn.

Lordtekk

:rofl:

Cut and Paste?:rofl:
No facts,no answers,no retorts,just juvenile responses. Thank You. I always seem to destroy everything you say. Cut and Paste man. One day you will have an original thought till then I will bask in the gloriousness of myself. Night Night..

vantexan

No facts,no answers,no retorts,just juvenile responses. Thank You. I always seem to destroy everything you say. Cut and Paste man. One day you will have an original thought till then I will bask in the gloriousness of myself. Night Night..

Yes, in your fantasy world you destroy what I say with name calling, not facts. If that's what gets you through the night night, have fun.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Seriously do you ever read the B.S. you write ? ......... I don't know where you get your info from but it totally infuriates me when you post this B.S. Hence why I don't read anything you write because instead of talking about the issues that affect all of us as Fedex Employees you always seem to bring your B.S, politics into everything..

I know this is a bit off topic (but it appears that train left the station quite awhile ago anyway), but I'm just curious, Lord, if you don't read anything vantexan writes, then how do you know what it is that he said? Did someone phone you?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I know this is a bit off topic (but it appears that train left the station quite awhile ago anyway), but I'm just curious, Lord, if you don't read anything vantexan writes, then how do you know what it is that he said? Did someone phone you?

MEOW!! Phffft!! Phfft! (Cat fight)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"If your not rich, its because you're stupid or too lazy"

"Blame Yourself"!! (Herman Cain). I know many people who work like dogs and will never see even $75k per year. The whole "American Exceptionalism" idea is crap because there are exceptional people in every culture, and "bootstrapping" only works for a select few. More GOP talking points that protect the rich at our expense.

We work for an example of "American Exceptionalism", except his exceptionalism was helped along by an inheritance equivalent to about $25M in today's dollars.

Lordtekk

It is there to read, he did not start this thread.I avoid any topics he starts though because of our last showdown. I really do not like his politics and I thought this topic was about the pilots not someones political ideology. Anymore Questions ? By the way why are you so worried about it ? Does it have anything to do with you ? Are you offended by me ? Did someone phone you to tell you what I said ?

Lordtekk

Yes, in your fantasy world you destroy what I say with name calling, not facts. If that's what gets you through the night night, have fun.
Thats all you got ? I hit you with facts but you change the subject still have not answered the CBO report hypocrite. That's what the Republic Party is hypocrites,racists, cowards and traitors.

worldwide

I'm not saying they don't deserve to make a good living. It is a highly skilled job. But why do they get paid 3-4 times as much as my SWA FO buddy for doing less work? Legally, they can only have 60 flight hours per month, so they all probably fly a similar amount of hours. My point is, however, why do FedEx pilots receive the top pay in the industry, especially when we are "broke"?

Make sure you are comparing apples and apples and have yopur facts straight. FDX pilots do NOT make 3-4 times what SWA pilots make.

Some facts:

-SWA flies smaller aircraft - 737 verus Fedex flying larger aircraft, including widebodies
-What year FO is your buddy at SWA? A 3rd year FO at SWA makes $106.50/hr. A 3rd year FO at FDX flying a 757 makes $109/hour
-It can be argued that night flying is more dangerous and disruptive to the system than day flying
-SWA pilots are represented by their own union, the Southwest Airline Pilots' Association while Fedex pilots belong to the much larger ALPA. ALPA is the world’s largest pilots union, representing more than 51,000 pilots at 35 airlines in the United States and Canada
-Top Captain pay at SWA is $214 for flying a narrow-body 737. Top Captain pay at FDX is $260/hour flying wide body 777

vantexan

Thats all you got ? I hit you with facts but you change the subject still have not answered the CBO report hypocrite. That's what the Republic Party is hypocrites,racists, cowards and traitors.

What facts? All I see are opinions and name calling. Off the meds again?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Make sure you are comparing apples and apples and have yopur facts straight. FDX pilots do NOT make 3-4 times what SWA pilots make.

Some facts:

-SWA flies smaller aircraft - 737 verus Fedex flying larger aircraft, including widebodies
-What year FO is your buddy at SWA? A 3rd year FO at SWA makes $106.50/hr. A 3rd year FO at FDX flying a 757 makes $109/hour
-It can be argued that night flying is more dangerous and disruptive to the system than day flying
-SWA pilots are represented by their own union, the Southwest Airline Pilots' Association while Fedex pilots belong to the much larger ALPA. ALPA is the world’s largest pilots union, representing more than 51,000 pilots at 35 airlines in the United States and Canada
-Top Captain pay at SWA is $214 for flying a narrow-body 737. Top Captain pay at FDX is $260/hour flying wide body 777

Some facts. The skill level to fly a 737/717/MD80/90/95 isn't that different from the skill level to fly a 777. Seniority determines who flys what and where. SWA is an "all 737" (almost all, forgot about Airtran purchase) carrier, so there isn't much choice of which airplane to fly, just which version. It can be argued that multiple day and night landings with many more cycles are more dangerous and disruptive to the system than being on autopilot for 4-5 hrs evry night while you read Penthouse and brag about your new Mercedes or Porsche, or who you are banging other than your wife. The SWA pilot has enough time to actually fly to their next destination and not read a magazine or discuss money.

The SWA union is an in-house union, similar to what FedEx pilots voted-in and then dropped in favor of ALPA.

You're conveniently not factoring-in the lack of a pension and inferior benefits the SWA pilots receive, making their actual level of compensation much less than a Fedex pilot.

My buddy is a 5th year FO at SWA. He doesn't make anywhere near what a FedEx pilot does in total compensation. He wishes he made what a FedEx pilot does, but he doesn't want to live in MEM...ever. Cannot blame him for that.

SWA is an orange and FedEx is an apple, so this is NOT an apples vs. apples conversation.

You need to get out more often.

Last edited:

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

Some facts:

That's weird.
Why would it pay more to fly a larger plane full of cardboard with replaceable objects inside than to fly a smaller plane with irreplaceable cargo inside?