Jump!

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah I saw the specs on the note 5. No sd card n non removeable battery and lil smaller battery are kinda bummers on specs but their not absolute deal breakers for me. The octacore processor, with 4 gigs of ram n a few upgrades on what the S-PEN can do outweigh the negatives. All depends on if they've tightened up the operating system and if they reduced some of the bloatware that runs in the background to extend battery life and how fast the battery charging system is. At the end of the day I think the processing speed and power will outweigh the couple shortcomings of the specs lol.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Who cares
tumblr_ne4xilTpjn1qi8k06o1_500.gif

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The octacore processor, with 4 gigs of ram n a few upgrades on what the S-PEN can do outweigh the negatives.
Yeah, I don't really get the CPU. They say it's a Samsung-made 64-bit octa-core Exynos 7420 SoC with quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex A57 + quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex A53 CPU. Sooo, 2 quad core processors? Confusing...

All depends on if they've tightened up the operating system and if they reduced some of the bloatware that runs in the background to extend battery life and how fast the battery charging system is.
It is being released with the same build of Android as the Note 4: Lollipop 5.1.1. Since I "upgraded" to Lollipop from Kitkat my battery life has been taking a dive. It's still way better than the wife's iPhone6 Plus, but I lost a lot of battery life with Lollipop. Also the bastards locked the bootloader so even though I'm rooted I can't downgrade to Kitkat, because it requires the older bootloader.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah, I don't really get the CPU. They say it's a Samsung-made 64-bit octa-core Exynos 7420 SoC with quad-core 2.1 GHz Cortex A57 + quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex A53 CPU. Sooo, 2 quad core processors? Confusing...

It is being released with the same build of Android as the Note 4: Lollipop 5.1.1. Since I "upgraded" to Lollipop from Kitkat my battery life has been taking a dive. It's still way better than the wife's iPhone6 Plus, but I lost a lot of battery life with Lollipop. Also the bastards locked the bootloader so even though I'm rooted I can't downgrade to Kitkat, because it requires the older bootloader.
QUAD=4 2 X 4 QUAD= 8 CORES AKA OCTACORE

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yeah, I get that but why there would be 2 different types of processors. Why an A53 and A57 in the Exynos 7420? Weird
Don't know probably has something to do with the chip capacity and how the clock speeds interact with each other on the same chip and heat dissipation and all that MUMBO JUMBO NERDY BS lmfao

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom

Why is your user name TooTechie?. My phone texts, talks, takes pictures an surfs the web. Good enough.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Why is your user name TooTechie?. My phone texts, talks, takes pictures an surfs the web. Good enough.
Cuz I've always been drawn to technology all my life, was writing computer programs in elementary school (albeit it very basic ones) and I am just a hopeless techie.

Also as far as your phone goes, I've been on smartphones before they were smart. I was rocking the first real smart phone (called a pocket pc back then) a decade ago while everyone else had flip phones :)
It's big and block like, but in 2005 it could do just about everything an iphone can do now. Surf web pages with a full web browser, act as a modem/hotspot, voice commands & recognition, bluetooth, etc.

3461ff35a8615a.jpg

Also I started a business taking this very model apart, refurbishing them myself and then reselling them on ebay, back when ebay was relevant.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Cuz I've always been drawn to technology all my life, was writing computer programs in elementary school (albeit it very basic ones) and I am just a hopeless techie.

Also as far as your phone goes, I've been on smartphones before they were smart. I was rocking the first real smart phone (called a pocket pc back then) a decade ago while everyone else had flip phones :)
It's big and block like, but in 2005 it could do just about everything an iphone can do now. Surf web pages with a full web browser, act as a modem/hotspot, voice commands & recognition, bluetooth, etc.

3461ff35a8615a.jpg

Also I started a business taking this very model apart, refurbishing them myself and then reselling them on ebay, back when ebay was relevant.
Same here Techie, always been a TECHNOLGY GEEKBALL lol, BUT THE COOLEST FUNNEST TECKBALL YOULL EVER HANG OUT WITH LMFAO
200cvbgh.gif

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hey fellas. In the market for new phone. Was waitin for this note 5 cause jump kept talkin bout how it was gonna be the bomb. Now I'm not so sure. Been readin all the online reviews. Not impressed. So do I wait for the new I phone s Get the samsung edge + or the new note. Opinions please.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Hey fellas. In the market for new phone. Was waitin for this note 5 cause jump kept talkin bout how it was gonna be the bomb. Now I'm not so sure. Been readin all the online reviews. Not impressed. So do I wait for the new I phone s Get the samsung edge + or the new note. Opinions please.
The note 5 is badasczz, just lil short on an external sd card but who really needs that unless your using your phones hard drive for music or movies and non removable battery shouldn't be an issue either really unless something crazy pops up. That phone should be fast as hell from reviews ive read so far. The S-PEN comes in handy too, I use it all the time to write notes or numbers or what have ya. I like to get all blazed up and write stupid funny notes and text them to people, FUNNYASCZZ STUFF lol

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
The note 5 is badasczz, just lil short on an external sd card but who really needs that unless your using your phones hard drive for music or movies and non removable battery shouldn't be an issue either really unless something crazy pops up. That phone should be fast as hell from reviews ive read so far. The S-PEN comes in handy too, I use it all the time to write notes or numbers or what have ya. I like to get all blazed up and write stupid funny notes and text them to people, FUNNYASCZZ STUFF lol
Sooooooooooooooooo I take it you vote note 5 then ? Lol. Ok. Figured that. @TooTechie can you give me your vote. Note 5? Edge + , or wait new I phone ?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Sooooooooooooooooo I take it you vote note 5 then ? Lol. Ok. Figured that. @TooTechie can you give me your vote. Note 5? Edge + , or wait new I phone ?
I'm very anti-apple even though I have 4 in my household and use an old ipod sometimes in my truck when I get sick of sirius. Apple locks down their products and makes all the decisions for you and limits you any way they can, so you're left with either a very restricted experience or jailbreaking your phone which can void the warranty.

With any android smartphone you can customize the hell out of it and make it your own without rooting it. If you get bored with the way the home screen looks you can install a whole new launcher/interface over the top of it and switch it up however you like. Also, android is a community effort and mostly open source, granted Google is heavily involved in it's direction.

That being said, the most anticipated new models of smartphones are often released in September and October of each year, so wait a month then weigh your options and go from there. Last year the iPhone 6 was released in September.

I have owned HTC and Samsung smartphones and love them both, but like the Samsung Galaxy line the best thus far, but dislike the Edge and Note 5. The Edge has a display that wraps around the phone and gives more glass surface area to break rather than having a sturdy bezel to take the impact if you were to drop it and that edge display is really just a novelty.

For the same reasons I don't care for the Note 5. It has a metal edge but the body is glass and I'm too afraid it would break/crack, etc. Also the no removable memory card or removable battery/smaller battery don't interest me at all.

LG is gaining a foothold in the market. Check out the LG G3 and G4. HTC is doing very well with the HTC One M8 and the new M9. Some like the Droid Turbo, which is great under the hood, but nothing remarkable aside from the horsepower.

I personally love my Note 4 and haven't seen anything come out since that has given me "phone envy" as of yet.