Just got Laid off. Am I done or there is hope for a part timer?

jesus_saves

Manager let me know I was getting Laid off next tuesday til no idea. I'm a part time worker. I been here for 6 months. This is my second job "Thank God". How does this process work? How long can I get laid off until i'm fired/relieved of my duties with ups. i'm not the lowest on the pole, but the only guy under me is a designated responder. We are already two overstaffed and now we have 3 full time drivers working with us. Thanks in advance

kmjs14

Manager let me know I was getting Laid off next tuesday til no idea. I'm a part time worker. I been here for 6 months. This is my second job "Thank God". How does this process work? How long can I get laid off until i'm fired/relieved of my duties with ups. i'm not the lowest on the pole, but the only guy under me is a designated responder. We are already two overstaffed and now we have 3 full time drivers working with us. Thanks in advance

What area of the country are you in?
I don't know much about the lay off process, but I have seen pt'ers laid off for a few weeks and called back when things pick up. These employees were guys that hadn't made book at the time. I have never seen a seniority employee laid off.

dantheman5

You're ok, they'll call you when they need you. I got laid off for two weeks three years ago. Like you..I didn't know what to think/to do. If they do hire or call somebody in thats below you..grieve the he11 outta it.

They are laying off Clerks in NYC. There are 4 clerks that just got bumped down to part-time employees. It's unfortunate that a guy who has over 20 years get's bumped to part-time, but the wording in the contract is what it is at the moment.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
If you have more time than the responder bump him and get trained.If they say no,CALL THE UNION !!! Last hire first fire....