Just Say NO

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Thank You Again Great One for correcting me. My methods have slipped since I parked my P-700 for the last time..And you being so highly gifted deserve to be inducted into the Hall of Fame with Jackie Gleason. As someone who at one time had your strings pulled by higher ups to dictate to others what to do, please feel free to bestow upon me your wisdom . I was never gifted like Ups management so I need someone who was schooled by them to do the right thing morally and ethically to correct me of my wayward actions. By doing so I may someday figure out how the knuckleheads who run this company got to where they are today. I guess being a YES man all your life seeing a NO is painfull:consoling:

A psychiatrist could help you get over your feelings of bitterness ... it's a shame to go through life like this. :wink2:

The Milkman

A psychiatrist could help you get over your feelings of bitterness ... it's a shame to go through life like this. :wink2:

I am not Bitter..Just telling it like it was and is today, BTW why was the picture doctored up? I think flipping the bird was in order.I am sure most get the picture even though it was photo chopped...Oh well.. Again higher ups deciding what is best..:choir:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am not Bitter..Just telling it like it was and is today..:choir:

Denial is holding you back ... old and bitter is not a pretty sight.

I've already forgotten all the bad times ... I try not to dredge them up, much less mull over them daily.

UPS is done and gone ... enjoy retirement and be happy!

:grounch_day:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Thank You Again Great One for correcting me. My methods have slipped since I parked my P-700 for the last time..And you being so highly gifted deserve to be inducted into the Hall of Fame with Jackie Gleason. As someone who at one time had your strings pulled by higher ups to dictate to others what to do, please feel free to bestow upon me your wisdom . I was never gifted like Ups management so I need someone who was schooled by them to do the right thing morally and ethically to correct me of my wayward actions. By doing so I may someday figure out how the knuckleheads who run this company got to where they are today. I guess being a YES man all your life seeing a NO is painfull:consoling:

Where is that 700 parked? Behind the mini mart avoiding work? Whoops.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I think the stove looks so '70's. Therefore I believe that the part timers really need a raise so that they can update their homes.

Buck Fifty

I've already forgotten all the bad times ... I try not to dredge them up, much less mull over them daily.

That makes you half pretty old man. :wink2:

DS

Fenderbender
If they offer you a new stove will you vote yes?
Finger ballot.jpg

The Milkman

You mean you had Bad times? I Don't mull over them lately. Right now myself and other retirees are hopeing that it is voted down. If I was still working I would vote NO. Unreal that the 1st offer is being touted as a good deal. I think Ups is hopeing that the P/Ter's vote it in. Most friend/Ter's and those close to retirement have alot at stake to lose. I to this day enjoy paying 5 bucks for a $900 rx because I request brand name drugs. It makes me happy to in some way protest the way past and current employees are treated . Lying , stab in the back, eat their own, loyal to the almighty Brown Sheild Gods. Putting UPS 1st, and Family and everything else down the list. The dark side of UPS that the public does not see. Oh yes let's make a big deal by presenting a check to United Way, Cameras ready boys? All the while trying to pressure employees to donate to make UPS look good. Why don't they clean house and take care of the employees who made them grow? The suits did not do it. Get rid of Customer Service reps and then put that work onto the shoulders of already overburdened stop count Drivers who barely can take a bathroom break without being questioned " What is this 6 minutes of idle time we see"? Yes I am a happy camper knowing that for the last 5 1/2 yrs I have been getting a check monthly. Happy that I don't have to deal with managers that came and went, and deal with Division or District managers who come in and try to make a name for themselves just to climb up the ladder regardless of who they stomp on the way up or down..Hoax trust me I am for fighting for all The Full Timers and retirees. I was never givin nothing in my Life. I fought and worked to get to where I am today and I am reminded whenever I see them Brown trucks that I know what they are going through. To this day My driver tells me same stuff I heard yrs ago, I would like to go to my son's baseball game, I asked for an early day..We know how that goes. Nothing has changed, Things are worse now with stockholders putting the squeeze around the necks of those in Atlanta. Sad thing about that.....some never drove a route, or worked there way up the ranks..So anyway I hope it fails big time.I will rejoice big time and so will others. This is a chance you get every so many yrs to let Atlanta know how you feel. Use to be 3 yrs...They would like 10 I am sure.. With you thinking of me being bitter I believe what I am saying is hitting a nerve, bringing back the nightmares you must of had being a Yes man.
:yesssmileyf:

Last edited:

The Milkman

Where is that 700 parked? Behind the mini mart avoiding work? Whoops.

It was parked at Mcdonalds, The bagelsmith, The WhiteHouse Deli, The Car Doctor, Wendys, Jimmys Hot Dogs, Tobys Hot dogs, Key City Diner, Stanton General Store, Readington General store and at many a customers driveway if you need to know. Then the 700 was parked if you can't figure it out back in my slot. Turn in done, no missed, no send agains, no complaints, no missed pickups..Never really had any issues with any manager although some sups were boneheads. Daily I told them I loved them. Even the Division mgrs were regular guys to me..Was a split driver for about 9 yrs( who cares?) me and another driver covered the ctr. So before you mouth off I am sure have seen slackers as I have also. The only difference between me and them was I gave good numbers which really only mattered, never had complaints (only when I was on vac) others messed up.

Did what I had to do, covered my butt, if I was that bad I guess I would of never made it. My old motto was "It's not what time you punch out, It's what time you get done" I worked as directed by the stooges and made it out somewhat healthy and I hope the others today dealing with unheard of telematic harassment crap and other daily pressures make it out in 1 piece:whew:

H

hoopdedoo

It looks like its time to clean the stove.

I've known the Milkman for many years. I've been to his home. That is definitely not his stove. He puts Felix Unger to shame. He is also very astute in UPS's methods and techniques in dealing with its employees. All i'm saying is think real hard before you vote.

H

hoopdedoo

Enjoy retirement and be happy while UPS raises your healthcare cost 500% by the third year of this godawful contract. Meanwhile UPS gives its CEO $10.7 million in compensation for 2012 (a bad year by their estimate). Milkman.. please keep sending the message. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I've known the Milkman for many years. I've been to his home. That is definitely not his stove. He puts Felix Unger to shame. He is also very astute in UPS's methods and techniques in dealing with its employees. All i'm saying is think real hard before you vote.

I too know the Milkman. He's definitely for the Union and nothing more. And his home is immaculate to say the least! Hell, you can eat off his garage floor for that matter.

So hoop, remember when Pat Porcella got fired? He was walked out for the umpteenth time by his management team for the last time about ten years ago. I heard he got a job at DHL or some other competitor and was in management again. He ended up getting fired from that job by making up employees and actually cashing their checks! Can you imagine that?

That is the kind of management scum we were all used to in Local 177. So all you guys who find it funny to pick on people here on this site should sit back and reflect on your own kind. We were one local that stuck together and still do!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You mean you had Bad times? I Don't mull over them lately. Right now myself and other retirees are hopeing that it is voted down. If I was still working I would vote NO. Unreal that the 1st offer is being touted as a good deal. I think Ups is hopeing that the P/Ter's vote it in. Most friend/Ter's and those close to retirement have alot at stake to lose. I to this day enjoy paying 5 bucks for a $900 rx because I request brand name drugs. It makes me happy to in some way protest the way past and current employees are treated . Lying , stab in the back, eat their own, loyal to the almighty Brown Sheild Gods. Putting UPS 1st, and Family and everything else down the list. The dark side of UPS that the public does not see. Oh yes let's make a big deal by presenting a check to United Way, Cameras ready boys? All the while trying to pressure employees to donate to make UPS look good. Why don't they clean house and take care of the employees who made them grow? The suits did not do it. Get rid of Customer Service reps and then put that work onto the shoulders of already overburdened stop count Drivers who barely can take a bathroom break without being questioned " What is this 6 minutes of idle time we see"? Yes I am a happy camper knowing that for the last 5 1/2 yrs I have been getting a check monthly. Happy that I don't have to deal with managers that came and went, and deal with Division or District managers who come in and try to make a name for themselves just to climb up the ladder regardless of who they stomp on the way up or down..Hoax trust me I am for fighting for all The Full Timers and retirees. I was never givin nothing in my Life. I fought and worked to get to where I am today and I am reminded whenever I see them Brown trucks that I know what they are going through. To this day My driver tells me same stuff I heard yrs ago, I would like to go to my son's baseball game, I asked for an early day..We know how that goes. Nothing has changed, Things are worse now with stockholders putting the squeeze around the necks of those in Atlanta. Sad thing about that.....some never drove a route, or worked there way up the ranks..So anyway I hope it fails big time.I will rejoice big time and so will others. This is a chance you get every so many yrs to let Atlanta know how you feel. Use to be 3 yrs...They would like 10 I am sure.. With you thinking of me being bitter I believe what I am saying is hitting a nerve, bringing back the nightmares you must of had being a Yes man.
:yesssmileyf:

I did not realize that you were fighting for something ... I forgot your costs would go up. :peaceful:

I never understood the "Yes man" stuff. Everyone I have ever run across at UPS has been a Yes person.
They tell you to run this split, you do.
They tell you sheet up missed as Bad Weather, you do.
It always seemed to me that the Union employees were more "Yes Men" than management because they are directed more more and with more specific instructions.
I think I understand now ... you are bitter about being a Yes Man all those years and resenting having to do whatever the Stooges told you to do. :biting:

BTW - I use generic Rx every chance I can ... I always ask the doctor. I buy generic from the grocery store. I buy generic every chance I get.
When one buys brand, they are paying for advertising.
As a side note, people like you who don't try keep Rx and Medical costs in line is why medical costs are going up so much and why companies are insisting on co-pays and paying premiums for part of the cost of healthcare.
​Nice protest ... we all thank you for causing us to pay higher healthcare cost while we pay for your irresponsible behavior in an effort to bury your bitterness. :money:

I did not realize that you were fighting for something ... I forgot your costs would go up. :peaceful:

I never understood the "Yes man" stuff. Everyone I have ever run across at UPS has been a Yes person.
It always seemed to me that the Union employees were more "Yes Men" than management because they are directed more more and with more specific instructions.
I think I understand now ... you are bitter about being a Yes Man all those years and resenting having to do whatever the Stooges told you to do. :biting:

BTW - I use generic Rx every chance I can ... I always ask the doctor. I buy generic from the grocery store. I buy generic every chance I get.
As a side note, people like you who don't try keep Rx and Medical costs in line is why medical costs are going up so much and why companies are insisting on co-pays and paying premiums for part of the cost of healthcare.
​Nice protest ... we all thank you for causing us to pay higher healthcare cost while we pay for your irresponsible behavior in an effort to bury your bitterness. :money:
I really never thought of it. I also always request generic because of the price but I guess those that don't really hurt the system. Why the hell would anyone get to be one that costs your insurance more?? They are the same. This screws the already broke system. These no voters just don't understand the cost of healthcare in the last ten years as opposed to what the actual profit ups gets from ground.
If they did I still don't think they would care because all they think about is the 4.62 billion profit that isn't only coming off our backs anymore.
Wait till the medical logistics really takes off 100%.

​This will drive the profits to record highs as the profits of US decrease.
You can't tell some people anything though because they don't understand or just don't want to.

Xexys

Retired and Happy

Wow, just WOW! You just need to bury the hatchet.

Never, NEVER did my management team tell us to sheet up packages in bad weather as missed, NEVER. They would go out of their way to explain exactly how to sheet them up and it was never as a missed package.

My supervisor once told me that I would have to cover for a route that I'd never done before and it was loaded nut to butt. I emphatically told him I would quit before I did the route and I meant it. He made another cover driver who knew the route do it. It's all about area knowledge right? So I guess I'm not a "YES" man in your book.

Another example...I was getting creamed one X-mas with tons of packages. I had to off-load a section behind a motorcycle shop just so I could sort my truck. That Friday(I believe it was the 21st) I came in to see my P800 loaded to the gills! It turned out to be 957 pieces and 640 stops that day. No bulk stops, no pickups, just houses. The section that I off loaded I just couldn't get to so I sent a message to my management team(before DIAD days) via missed packages. I spent 20 minutes sheeting up 176 missed pieces at 12:00 midnight before I went in. I clocked out at 1:05 AM. Nobody even waited for me in my management team but they knew I was still out there. I could've been lying in a ditch for all they knew. The next Monday I caught hell for it. For the missed pkgs but nothing else. I voiced my concern every day before this happened. I kept telling my manager that I just couldn't physically do the work. I actually paid my helper out of my pocket towards the end of the week to stay with me because he wanted to quit.

You need to lay off the Milkman. We put in our years and now we can relax the way we want. You should be ashamed for harrassing him for something as trivial as him wanting to have name brand prescriptions. For some people, name brand is the only thing that works. Bet you didn't know that!

Last edited:
Wow, just WOW! You just need to bury the hatchet.

Never, NEVER did my management team tell us to sheet up packages in bad weather as missed, NEVER. They would go out of their way to explain exactly how to sheet them up and it was never as a missed package.

My supervisor once told me that I would have to cover for a route that I'd never done before and it was loaded nut to butt. I emphatically told him I would quit before I did the route and I meant it. He made another cover driver who knew the route do it. It's all about area knowledge right? So I guess I'm not a "YES" man in your book.

Another example...I was getting creamed one X-mas with tons of packages. I had to off-load a section behind a motorcycle shop just so I could sort my truck. That Friday(I believe it was the 21st) I came in to see my P800 loaded to the gills! It turned out to be 957 pieces and 640 stops that day. No bulk stops, no pickups, just houses. The section that I off loaded I just couldn't get to so I sent a message to my management team(before DIAD days) via missed packages. I spent 20 minutes sheeting up 176 missed pieces at 12:00 midnight before I went in. I clocked out at 1:05 AM. Nobody even waited for me in my management team but they knew I was still out there. I could've been lying in a ditch for all they knew. The next Monday I caught hell for it. For the missed pkgs but nothing else. I voiced my concern every day before this happened. I kept telling my manager that I just couldn't physically do the work. I actually paid my helper out of my pocket towards the end of the week to stay with me because he wanted to quit.

You need to lay off the Milkman. We put in our years and now we can relax the way we want. You should be ashamed for harrassing him for something as trivial as him wanting to have name brand prescriptions. For some people, name brand is the only thing that works. Bet you didn't know that!
I don't understand why someone telling someone the truth and they don't want to hear it is a yes man. I've had issues with my members because I'm to honest before. Just because it was the truth and they didn't want to hear it.