Kansas comes through!

bbsam

Staff member
Does this fundamentally change anything or add to the number of states soon to be transitioning to ISP?

bbsam

Staff member
Ride or die till the end bb?;)
Well, it's a decision on appeal from 2011. That means it was a challenge to the IC rather than the ISP model. ISP hasn't been challenged that I know of. Could be a bunch of contractors in more states about to get reamed just like gixxer squid in California.

MAKAVELI

Well, it's a decision on appeal from 2011. That means it was a challenge to the IC rather than the ISP model. ISP hasn't been challenged that I know of. Could be a bunch of contractors in more states about to get reamed just like gixxer squid in California.
It's also pay day for those contractors. If isp is the indestructible model, then why hasn't every state already gone to this model?

CJinx

Yeah, screw you Smith!

Nice to see you on the losing end.
That is a short-sighted way of looking at it. The money made operating in this manner for as long as they did far outweighs the money spent on the lawsuit, the payouts to the state and past and present contractors involved, and the cost of transition to ISP. Just another example of how major corporations are essentially above the law: they know they can afford the consequences and still come out ahead.

In the end, everyone wins in the short-term: the company makes the transition to stay compliant while operating "in the black", the state gets back taxes and penalties (the real reason that AGs bring these suits), and the former/current contractors get a windfall payout from the remaining funds after the lawyers take their cut.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That is a short-sighted way of looking at it. The money made operating in this manner for as long as they did far outweighs the money spent on the lawsuit, the payouts to the state and past and present contractors involved, and the cost of transition to ISP. Just another example of how major corporations are essentially above the law: they know they can afford the consequences and still come out ahead.
Well apparently your sense of ethics falls in the "Smith" category, way down the toilet. Corporations should face stiffer penalties for their actions.

In the end, everyone wins in the short-term: the company makes the transition to stay compliant while operating "in the black", the state gets back taxes and penalties (the real reason that AGs bring these suits), and the former/current contractors get a windfall payout from the remaining funds after the lawyers take their cut.
Everyone wins? Yeah, except the drivers. I guess they don't matter. Why don't you try doing a route for at least a week and let us know how much you enjoyed it.

CJinx

Well apparently your sense of ethics falls in the "Smith" category, way down the toilet.
Nowhere in my post did I judge the ethics behind the business decisions. Decisions like this are not exclusive to this company. Adelphia, Enron, Koch Industries, virtually every loan agency with ties to Freddie Mac, etc.
Everyone wins? Yeah, except the drivers. I guess they don't matter. Why don't you try doing a route for at least a week and let us know how much you enjoyed it.
It's never been about the drivers. This is/was an issue between the contractor, Fedex, and the state.