Kid’s Sports

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
You’re partially correct. Most kids DO suck at sports, as well as the concerts, plays, etc. You know who cares though….the people who love those kids and will go through hell or high water to support those kids. If you only knew how happy it makes children to see someone who loves them present and watching from the sidelines or the audience. Or how disappointed they are if no one shows up.
Whatever sport or activity they like, you support them. They don’t have to be elite athletes. My son played a lot of baseball, average player, I made lots of games, missed some too, but I was there when he drove in the winning run in a fall ball championship game. Does any parent think that wouldn’t matter to a kid? Let alone a father.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I always felt self conscious about showing up in uniform. I asked him about that last year, if he minded that, he’s grown now, he said he was just glad I was there.
My youngest told me the same thing. Her father almost never made her events, but she knew I would do everything possible to be there, uniform and all.

Cowboy Mac

Never seen a group of people more obsessed with children’s sports than UPS drivers who are trying to get done by 5. MY KIDS BASEBALL GAME! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WATCH MY KID’S BASEBALL GAME IF I DONT RUN AND GUN ALL DAY??? 😭😭 IF YOU FORCE ME TO EAT LUNCH I WILL MISS THE FIRST PITCH 😭😭😭

News flash…kids suck at sports!!! Nobody cares. Lol

Please discuss.
I understand their mindset of wanting to be there for your kids. My Dad worked a lot when I was a kid and he never made my games. As a kid that’s devastating, but I get that as an adult, he wanted to be there but he was doing the best he could to provide for our family.

Now as a UPS driver you have a tough choice to make, do I rush and potentially get injured or get into an accident because I wanted to make my kids game? I personally don’t think that works as an excuse if you hurt or kill someone on the road.

I made a decision when I started driving that I would not work for free, I would work by the book, and work safely no matter what was going on in my life at the time. It’s not easy sometimes but it’s better to miss that game or get home late than to not come home at all.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I understand their mindset of wanting to be there for your kids. My Dad worked a lot when I was a kid and he never made my games. As a kid that’s devastating, but I get that as an adult, he wanted to be there but he was doing the best he could to provide for our family.

Now as a UPS driver you have a tough choice to make, do I rush and potentially get injured or get into an accident because I wanted to make my kids game? I personally don’t think that works as an excuse if you hurt or kill someone on the road.

I made a decision when I started driving that I would not work for free, I would work by the book, and work safely no matter what was going on in my life at the time. It’s not easy sometimes but it’s better to miss that game or get home late than to not come home at all.
His kids were probably glad he never showed.

Thebrownblob

Hang around a bit.
1691370540142.gif

rickyb

Never seen a group of people more obsessed with children’s sports than UPS drivers who are trying to get done by 5. MY KIDS BASEBALL GAME! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO WATCH MY KID’S BASEBALL GAME IF I DONT RUN AND GUN ALL DAY??? 😭😭 IF YOU FORCE ME TO EAT LUNCH I WILL MISS THE FIRST PITCH 😭😭😭

Please discuss.
yea why would you want to watch a bunch of kids throwing balls at each others nuts for hours on end anyways???

muthatrucka

Please discuss.
Who's burner is this?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
I HATE TAKING BREAKS! The union is in bed with the company to FORCE us to take BREAKS!! Wifey said I need to be home by 6 WHAT AM I GOING TO DO 😭😭😭

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
I always bid routes next to the guys with the most kids , I love watching them run 😂

Less stops for me , more for you !

RUN RUN RUN
✊🧔‍♂️