Kindle

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Wouldn't an IPAD be better? I am a fan of the kindle and always have been looking at them. I am not a big fan of the IPAD but doesn't it do this and so much more? Obviously there is a price difference but If you are willing to drop 200 bucks for a "booK" you could pay double for a "book" and so much more right?

P

pickup

Mi aunt got one of these a month ago (so presumablie an older model) and she loves it. She claims to have limited room for books on her shelves so she loves the fact that she can have multiple books on this thing.

P

pickup

Oh and amazon has a different version of this thing. It takes anie book and removes anie proamerican sentiments from the contents of the book. If it can work it into the context of the book, it will also insert procanadian statements (at the expense of America). It is called the "KLEINDLE"

I know, I can't help miself.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Oh and amazon has a different version of this thing. It takes anie book and removes anie proamerican sentiments from the contents of the book. If it can work it into the context of the book, it will also insert procanadian statements (at the expense of America). It is called the "KLEINDLE"

hahahaha

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Wouldn't an IPAD be better? I am a fan of the kindle and always have been looking at them. I am not a big fan of the IPAD but doesn't it do this and so much more? Obviously there is a price difference but If you are willing to drop 200 bucks for a "booK" you could pay double for a "book" and so much more right?

The Kindle that I am buying is only $139. I agree that the i-Pad would be better but at nearly 4 times the cost I would be hard pressed to justify it.

rod

Retired 22 years
I wish someone would invent a place where you could go and check out most any book you wanted and it would be free. You wouldn't have to buy books or fancy electronic gadgets that cost hundreds of dollars and are pretty much obsolete by the time you get them home.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hey Dave, you've mentioned the Kindle before. What is it? I know, I could go look but I'd rather ask you. :wink2:

The Kindle is a handheld device that allows you to download and read digital books. You can also read other media, such as PDF files, and your e-mail can be forwarded to it. The latest version will hold 3,500 books and only needs recharging once a month. There are millions of books that can be downloaded for free but you do have to pay if you want to download more recent books. You can also download a chapter of a new book for free to see if you like it and then decided if you want to purchase the whole book. It has an electronic bookmark so you don't lose your place.

I will try it and if I don't like it I'll either return it or give it to my daughter.

P

pickup

I wish someone would invent a place where you could go and check out most any book you wanted and it would be free. You wouldn't have to buy books or fancy electronic gadgets that cost hundreds of dollars and are pretty much obsolete by the time you get them home.

what a great idea , rod. And to raise funds, theigh can impose a limit on how long u can take a book out and if u exceed the limit , u paae a fine multiplied bi the number of daes the book is overdue.

What an amazing concept.Rod. Once again, this is whie I read all ur posts.

over9five

Staff member

We had a Kleindle too, but it stopped working about a year ago.

I couldn't help myself either, sorry Klein.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
I used to read ALOT. I was seriously considering buying a kindle when they fiirst came out. But right about the time they first came out so did my first kid. That'll cut down on time for reading ALOT. Funding is also a problem at that stage of life. So Upstate. If I could make a suggestion. If you don't like it. Send it to me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I used to read ALOT. I was seriously considering buying a kindle when they fiirst came out. But right about the time they first came out so did my first kid. That'll cut down on time for reading ALOT. Funding is also a problem at that stage of life. So Upstate. If I could make a suggestion. If you don't like it. Send it to me.

If you think funding is an issue now you ain't seen nothin' yet. Kids are expensive.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
If you think funding is an issue now you ain't seen nothin' yet. Kids are expensive.

That was 5 nearly 6 years ago. One kid wasn't a problem. It's the twins that are gonna kill us!

I started driving for UPS right after she was born so as much as some people hate to admitt it funding isn't much of an issue for us anymore. Well, at least at this stage. Cars, isurance, clothes, college are far away.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
The Kindle is a handheld device that allows you to download and read digital books. You can also read other media, such as PDF files, and your e-mail can be forwarded to it. The latest version will hold 3,500 books and only needs recharging once a month. There are millions of books that can be downloaded for free but you do have to pay if you want to download more recent books. You can also download a chapter of a new book for free to see if you like it and then decided if you want to purchase the whole book. It has an electronic bookmark so you don't lose your place.

I will try it and if I don't like it I'll either return it or give it to my daughter.
Thanks Dave. It's a great idea for those of us that love to read. I have collected 100's of books over the years and don't have room for them. Maybe it's time to get rid of them and 'downsize', so to speak. LOL:happy2: