Labor Relations

Inthegame

Sorry, my post wasn't very clear. What I tried asking was when a 22.3 becomes a "helper" what happens to the 22.3 work they previously did? Is it filled by pt's?

22.3's in my center touch air pkgs and that's it. No ground deliveries. The sometimes use them in emergency situations when it's heavy or too many book offs. They would make top rate if any ground pkgs are touched.

PT Car Washer

22.3's in my center touch air pkgs and that's it. No ground deliveries. The sometimes use them in emergency situations when it's heavy or too many book offs. They would make top rate if any ground pkgs are touched.
I assume you are talking about Art 22.3 Air Drivers. For awhile UPS was loading our Air Drivers up with 50 or more ground stops after running their air. Paid them top rate but turned most of them into 12 hour days everyday. Union put a stop to it and made UPS hire more FT drivers. Now the new FT drivers are laid off and putting all the extra work on remaining package car drivers. Going to be a long summer.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Sorry, my post wasn't very clear. What I tried asking was when a 22.3 becomes a "helper" what happens to the 22.3 work they previously did? Is it filled by pt's?
The 22.3 bid description is either Preload/Helper or Helper/Twilight.

Ron Carey lives on

Thats funny the hoffa administration gave ups an extension on using helpers well into Jan. How many driving jobs did that cost. An extension on peak? The hits just keep on coming

Sent using BrownCafe App

I assume you are talking about Art 22.3 Air Drivers. For awhile UPS was loading our Air Drivers up with 50 or more ground stops after running their air. Paid them top rate but turned most of them into 12 hour days everyday. Union put a stop to it and made UPS hire more FT drivers. Now the new FT drivers are laid off and putting all the extra work on remaining package car drivers. Going to be a long summer.
Same here. Air drivers were working 12-13 hrs doin ground splits and running misloads. Now they come in do early am's and then sit on there ass all day. The most coveted job in my center

5habits100

It's supplemental language.

More TDU.... BS.

None.

I will wait, "with bated breath" on the response.... from the poser.

Um.... I meant poster.

-
Bug-
That's why I asked the poser because it isn't in the NM. He likes to spew garbage when he doesn't know what he is talking about.

It's 8:21 and TDU still sucks

image.jpg