Learn and Earn Program - On Topic

JonWVU

Okay so I became an AM pre-loader for UPS to pay for my time at community college. My father took out a loan in his name. Will I still be eligible even though it is technically under my fathers name?

10 point

Okay so I became an AM pre-loader for UPS to pay for my time at community college. My father took out a loan in his name. Will I still be eligible even though it is technically under my fathers name?
Three questions:
1. Does your Dad work preload too? (JK)

2. Did he co-sign for your loan?

3. Can you get the grant $ (or reimbursement funds) and just pay him back?

10 point

I would think that HR or whoever handles that issue would be able to answer that. Did you ask the appropriate management personnel?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They just cut you a check so you can endorse it and hand it over to him.
Make sure you apply before the semester starts and submit your grades as soon as class ends.

JonWVU

It sounds like the OP is trying to get reimbursed for course work that he has already completed. That is not how the program works.

No, I'm currently enrolled in said classes. However the loan taken out used to pay for those classes are in my fathers name. I just want to make sure I don't get screwed over.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sounds to me like he's hoping mommy and daddy pay for school and he can spend his ups reimbursement money.
You always have such nice things to say about people, sometimes I think Dave is nicer.............sometimes.

In this case BS may be right.

If it were my kid and I had taken out the loan to pay for his school I would have had him sign a contract to where he would sign over any reimbursements and/or financial aid that he received.

My son received a bill from his college when he and his quad mates trashed their room. I paid the bill and had him sign a contract to hand over his income tax refund to re-pay me.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You always have such nice things to say about people, sometimes I think Dave is nicer.............sometimes.
Why wouldn't the loan be in the OP name?

It's community college. We aren't talking about a 10k a semester school. Federal student loans in his name would of been the easiest way to pay for school.

brett636

Its been a long time since I have participated in Earn and Learn, but to the best of my recollection the program doesn't care how you pay for your schooling, just that you do in fact pay. Once you submit your documentation that you have attended school and achieved the required grades you will be reimbursed for how much the program is supposed to pay you for at which point you can put towards your next semester of schooling and or pay down your loans.