Strike check list for everyone to help financially ON TOPIC

Thebrownblob

The payments don’t get made on fmla either. They pickup payments when you come back to work. There isn’t a 10% charge on that either.
You would have to read the agreement you would sign to take a hardship loan, FMLA is a government program and May well be exempt from them, taking it out of the lump sum if you’re not making the payments.

Trucker Clock

ON topic meaning= all jokes aside, there are other forums for that we can use this thread to send to others that may need

Id like to get a list of things for our brothers to help them out in case we have a long term strike and so they do not suffer financially . We all know she may have planned a month due to first of the year not allowing sups vacation ll of august.(save this for another thread) I am prepared but many are not. Some of us have been of work maybe for various reasons such as advisability, denied comp etc so maybe they can add what others can do while off to get by. Reasons below are to keep a good amount of cash on hand for emergency etc. I am sure planning ahead with various places will work with us while we re still in good standing rather than when stuff is way behind

1. Shut off auto deductions such as investments( I put my roth IRA on hold)
2. Shut off auto pay for electric, gas, phone (possible use credit card payment)
3. Health ins. Us with teamcare are fine others maybe not so let family know to cancel and or reschedule upcoming appointments to a later date
4. Contacting mortgage co to maybe put a months payment on the back end of your loan- If any one has please input
5. auto loans same as above? again i donnt know, hopefully others that need to can tell us what they did
5. cancel insurance on extra vehicles

Here’s a novel idea. Settle the damn contract and don’t let it get to a month long strike.

You’re willing to lose a months pay so that some PTers can get a few extra bucks?

UPS offered a 30% increase, but it wasn’t good enough for SOB. And they are already paying $25 and higher in areas just to get employees.

I get it. They’ve been screwed for years, but SOB is going to cost a lot of people money, and jobs, to try and get it all back at one time.

100%

You would have to read the agreement you would sign to take a hardship loan, FMLA is a government program and May well be exempt from them, taking it out of the lump sum if you’re not making the payments.
I’ll look into it. I believe you, there could be differences.

Yolo

FB_IMG_1689679983163.jpg

My setup for when we strike. I'll be making a killing.

Trash Panda

Here’s a novel idea. Settle the damn contract and don’t let it get to a month long strike.

You’re willing to lose a months pay so that some PTers can get a few extra bucks?

UPS offered a 30% increase, but it wasn’t good enough for SOB. And they are already paying $25 and higher in areas just to get employees.

I get it. They’ve been screwed for years, but SOB is going to cost a lot of people money, and jobs, to try and get it all back at one time.
Another novel idea is to produce this mythical document over a supposed 30% raise. They are paying 20- 25 through an MRA.

Workers have already said in interviews the company can pull the rug out at anytime and pay them the contract rate. How would you like to deal with that bs? Our fearless leader is just trying to get a nailed in number. One that the company cant just change at a whim to make the quarterly reports look better. *cough* august 8th *cough*

If your not going to unite then just say yes to whatever we get to vote on…. If there is anything. No amount of disagreeing on this forum is going to change anything.

Thebrownblob

I just don't want people to forget to turn it back up
Taking a hardship loan requires an actual hardship, you would probably have to miss several mortgage payments and have some sort of collection notice from your mortgage company to send in order to get approved for a hardship loan on your 401(k). I really don’t suggest it unless there’s absolutely no other way.

Taking a hardship loan requires an actual hardship, you would probably have to miss several mortgage payments and have some sort of collection notice from your mortgage company to send in order to get approved for a hardship loan on your 401(k). I really don’t suggest it unless there’s absolutely no other way.
A lot of us has been warning everybody for a year to start saving

A hardship loan requires paperwork showing a hardship. Easy to do, still not smart.

Thebrownblob

A hardship loan requires paperwork showing a hardship. Easy to do, still not smart.
Yep that’s what I’m trying to say. If you don’t have a bill from your mortgage saying it’s overdue or you’re about to have some sort of legal action. I don’t know how you can qualify and that takes at least a month or two. Unless of course he’s not paying his bills now. Lol.