Leavenworth 10 Freedom Rally

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This is one of the reasons America, as we knew it, is going right down the drain.
80 views and not one reply because, apparently, we are afraid of offending anyone.
Maybe our troops should be issued the toy rifles that shoot ping pong balls. This would assure that our troops don't offend anyone, shoot anyone or defend themselves while America continues to release enemy combatants back into society.
Watch the news for this event, if the government doesn't supress it, and see if you can tell which one of the "protesters" is me.
If you have a few minutes you might ponder what color turbin or burkha you would like to start wearing.
What would George Patton say, assuming, of course, you know who he is/was.

Unfortunately, these marines were convicted of crimes and should not be celebrated. I for one am not afraid of offending anyone, especially convicted criminals.

Take Sgt Lawrence Hutchins, convicted killer. He kidnapped and killed an unarmed Iraqi Police Officer with the help of his squad. He is no saint, and should not be freed until he serves his time.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...on-in-killing-of-iraqi-man-in-2006.html?lanow

The others all have similiar convictions. You call them heroes?? I call them criminals.

THese arent my kind of military heroes that need to be celebrated in the same breath as George Patton.

Peaec.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Sgt First Class Joseph Mayo-

Again, NOT a representative of my countrys military service.

Story:

icon1.png
Sgt. 1st Class Joseph Mayo: Bragg soldier gets 35 years in 4 deaths
VILSECK, Germany — A second U.S. soldier was convicted Monday of murder in the execution-style slayings of four bound and blindfolded Iraqi detainees in 2007 and sentenced to 35 years in prison after he pleaded guilty at his court-martial.

Wearing his dress uniform and speaking crispy and confidently, Sgt. 1st Class Joseph Mayo of Fort Bragg, N.C., pleaded guilty to charges of premeditated murder and conspiracy to commit premeditated murder at the proceeding at the U.S. Army’s Rose Barracks in southern Germany.

He pleaded not guilty to a charge of obstruction of justice in the incident, which occurred while he was deployed to Iraq. Military prosecutors dropped that charge.

The 27-year-old was sentenced to 35 years in prison and will be incarcerated at the military prison in Fort Leavenworth, Kan. He will also be dishonorably discharged. His lawyer, Michael Waddington, said Mayo would be eligible for parole in about 10 years.

Col. Jeffrey Nance, the judge overseeing the proceedings, told Mayo that he “entered into an agreement to commit premeditated murder” that saw the four Iraqi men shot in the head by the side of a canal in Baghdad between March and April 2007.

In February a military court convicted Sgt. Michael Leahy, 28, of Lockport, Ill., to life in prison with the possibility of parole after he admitted to the execution-style killing of one of the detainees and shooting another. He was acquitted of murder over a separate incident in Baghdad in January 2007.

According to testimony at previous courts-martial, at least four Iraqis were taken into custody in spring 2007 after a shootout with a patrol.

The Iraqis were taken to the U.S. unit’s operating base in Baghdad for questioning and processing, although there was not enough evidence to hold them for attacking the unit. Later that night patrol members took the Iraqis to a remote area and shot them in retribution for the attacks on the unit, according to testimony.

Mayo, Leahy and Master Sgt. John Hatley, 40, are accused of pulling the trigger.

“Hatley stated that if we took (the) individuals to detention they’d be released in a matter of days,” Mayo told the court. “He said we should take care of them. I agreed.”

Mayo has been in the Army for nearly a decade.

All were with the 1st Battalion, 18th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade, 1st Infantry Division. The unit is now part of the Germany-based 172nd Infantry Brigade.

Hatley’s court-martial on charges of premeditated murder, conspiracy to commit premeditated murder and obstruction of justice is scheduled for April.

Waddington said that under a deal reached with prosecutors, Mayo will testify at Hatley’s court-martial next month.

The Army has also not released a hometown for Hatley. Hatley also faces murder charges from the separate incident in Baghdad.

Two soldiers — Spc. Steven Ribordy, 26, of Salina, Kan., and Spc. Belmor Ramos, 24, of Clearfield, Utah — pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit premeditated murder and were sentenced to prison last year.

Staff Sgt. Jess Cunningham, 29, of Bakersfield, Calif., and Sgt. Charles Quigley, 28, of Providence, R.I., had charges of conspiracy to commit premeditated murder dropped this year. It is unclear whether they will testify in the upcoming courts-martial.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
PFC COREY CLAGETT plead guilty along with others of premeditated murder. What makes them innocent? What makes these guys worthy of a motorcycle ride in their "honor".. I ride a 2010 Harley Davidson Street Glide, am an active member of HOG and ride all over the country.

I wouldnt waste an ounce of fuel for these murderers.

Clagetts story:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/01/25/national/main2398468.shtml

Soldier Gets 18 Years For Detainee Murder

Pfc. Corey Clagett Had Pleaded Guilty To Murdering Iraqi Detainee

(AP) A 101st Airborne Division soldier was sentenced to 18 years in prison after pleading guilty Thursday to murdering an Iraqi detainee and taking part in the killings of two others, saying he went along with a plan to make it look like they were escaping.

Pfc. Corey R. Clagett, 22, was one of four soldiers from the division's 3rd Brigade "Rakkasans" who were accused in the detainees' deaths during a May 9 raid on the Muthana chemical complex in Samarra, about 60 miles north of Baghdad.

In an agreement with prosecutors, Clagett pleaded guilty to charges of murder, attempted murder, conspiracy to commit murder and conspiracy to obstruct justice. Prosecutors dropped a second obstruction charge and charges of disrespecting an officer and threatening.

Clagett will also be demoted to private and dishonorably discharged. If he does not cooperate with prosecutors, he could be sentenced to life in prison with a chance at parole.

The soldiers first told investigators they shot the detainees because they were attempting to flee — a story they now say they made up — and that commanders had given them orders to kill all military-age males on the mission.

Two of those soldiers, Spc. William B. Hunsaker and Spc. Juston R. Graber, have changed their stories and pleaded guilty. The squad leader, Staff Sgt. Raymond Girouard, is awaiting his court-martial.

"(Sgt. Girouard) said we were going to cut the zip ties loose and kill the detainees," Clagett told the military judge, Col. Theodore Dixon, on Thursday. "I knew it was an unlawful order. I just went along with it."

The judge asked Clagett what his intention was when he shot at the detainees.

"To kill them, your honor," Clagett said.

Prosecutors said Clagett fatally shot one detainee and seriously wounded another. Official say Graber then killed the wounded detainee, and Hunsaker killed the third.

Clagett's lawyer, Paul Bergrin, has insisted Clagett was following orders, but sought the plea agreement after Hunsaker, 24, told a military judge that Clagett helped him shoot the detainees.

"My client was 100 percent convinced at all times that the individuals that were killed were terrorists," Bergrin told reporters after the sentencing. "His heart is bleeding that he can no longer serve his country."

Military prosecutors would not discuss the case.

Hunsaker pleaded guilty to murder, attempted murder and obstruction of justice this month and was also sentenced to 18 years in prison.

Graber, 21, pleaded guilty to a lesser charge of aggravated assault with a dangerous weapon as part of his agreement to cooperate with prosecutors. He was sentenced to nine months in military jail.

Hunsaker testified that Girouard cut him on the face and arm to make it appear there was a struggle after he and Clagett killed the detainees. Clagett repeated that story to the judge Thursday.

"Just like anyone, we didn't want to get caught," Clagett said.

The case is one of two involving soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division accused of killing Iraqis during a deployment to the Middle Eastern country that ended in September.

Four other soldiers from the division's 2nd Brigade Combat Team are accused of raping and killing an Iraqi teenager and killing three others in her family last March. A former Army private also faces murder and rape charges in federal court for the same incident.

I have zero sympathy for these killers. They dont represent my United States of America.

Peace.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This thread was started by saying this:

"This is one of the reasons America, as we knew it, is going right down the drain."

After reading the convictions of each of these former military criminals, i must say, I AGREE WITH YOU.

American service people are not hired to become murderers or premeditated killers.

This STAIN on America affects all american citizens negatively.

Our country will go down the tubes if we allow our service members to murder other countries people just by looking the other way.

Peace.

wkmac

This thread was started by saying this:

"This is one of the reasons America, as we knew it, is going right down the drain."

After reading the convictions of each of these former military criminals, i must say, I AGREE WITH YOU.

American service people are not hired to become murderers or premeditated killers.

This STAIN on America affects all american citizens negatively.

Our country will go down the tubes if we allow our service members to murder other countries people just by looking the other way.

Peace.

I agree with you. If we are going to trot all over the globe as the defender of humanitarianism, democracy, liberty and justice for all, we will have to live and hold ourselves accountable to a far higher standard. If we can't, then we need a serious rethink about what our role is in the world and what we are to do with it going forward.

Wake America because our soldiers have begun too!

[video=youtube;WWUQ_N_vHc0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWUQ_N_vHc0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm not sure who I would offend by supporting those guys.

I've always been against putting our troops in situations where they need a lawyer in the squad to define the rules of engagement.

With that said I still feel like I need to do some homework before I come out in support of them.

TIEGUY,

I havent seen you since I became active again, but I will address this statement.

You know who you would be offending by supporting these guys? Ill tell you, the informed american public, thats who. We are suppose to be defenders of the free world. We invaded another country in order to "FREE" them. We turned our military loose in that country and "some" took matters into their own hands and MURDERED some human beings.

These soldiers PLEADED guilty to serious charges and IMO, some should have faced the death penalty.

There is NO need for lawyers in the field of battle and thats a ridiculous suggestion. Some of these victims were kidnapped, raped, tortured or shot while UNARMED and posing NO THREAT to these soldiers.

Do you need rules of engagement when you kidnap a 16 year old Iraqi girl, take her into the desert, rape her repeatedly, kill her, set her body on fire, then after thinking about it, go back to her home and kill her parents and sibblings because you feared they could identify YOU?

Did these "heroes" who were convicted of this crime need a lawyer in the field? Did they need rules of engagement? Do they need a motorcycle ride to honor them? Do they deserve to have americans calling for there release?

These promotions are started by ignorant people. Those that support it (IMO) are uninformed and lack the understanding of war and the violation of humanity. Just because we invade another country, that does not mean we have carte blanche and all the "rules" of humanity disappear.

Soldiers in Leavenworth are there for a reason.. We as americans shall hold our "own" soldiers accountable for their violations to basic humanity, otherwise, we are nothing more than NAZI STORMTROOPERS.

Peace.

Nimnim

The Nim
MORELUCK,

Dont let the facts get in your way.

Peace.

How about this for a fact, you're responding to a post saying they need to do their homework on the subject. The post is 8 months old, I'm pretty sure any homework they wanted to do was done. You're just looking for another place to rant and rave.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
How about this for a fact, you're responding to a post saying they need to do their homework on the subject. The post is 8 months old, I'm pretty sure any homework they wanted to do was done. You're just looking for another place to rant and rave.

I didnt refresh this story. And there was a challenge contained in it. I merely have taken up the challenge issued in the original post.

You call it rants and raves, I call it FACTS.

Dont let them get in your way either.

Peace.

wkmac

These promotions are started by ignorant people. Those that support it (IMO) are uninformed and lack the understanding of war and the violation of humanity. Just because we invade another country, that does not mean we have carte blanche and all the "rules" of humanity disappear.

Your point is true yet in the case of Trick, the intent was well meaning compounded IMO by the lack of full disclosure of all the facts to the public. And that lack of disclosure has been invoked and manipulated from the top down and not from the bottom up. Film maker John Pilger cuts to the heart of this in his film "The War You Don't See" but we still as a society chose the official narrative of war never considering the truth of the dark side of it.

Until we as a nation are willing to walk into the corridors of power and drag the likes of Bush and/or Obama and friends out in chains and place them for judgement in the court of truth, it will continue and then young men like this one below will have to face a lifetime of guilt and regret all because their sense of love of place and country was twisted for the monetary and power benefit of others.

[video=youtube;B6hp8HMstkE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6hp8HMstkE&feature=related[/video]

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Your point is true yet in the case of Trick, the intent was well meaning compounded IMO by the lack of full disclosure of all the facts to the public. And that lack of disclosure has been invoked and manipulated from the top down and not from the bottom up. Film maker John Pilger cuts to the heart of this in his film "The War You Don't See" but we still as a society chose the official narrative of war never considering the truth of the dark side of it.

Until we as a nation are willing to walk into the corridors of power and drag the likes of Bush and/or Obama and friends out in chains and place them for judgement in the court of truth, it will continue and then young men like this one below will have to face a lifetime of guilt and regret all because their sense of love of place and country was twisted for the monetary and power benefit of others.

[video=youtube;B6hp8HMstkE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6hp8HMstkE&feature=related[/video]

well said.

Peace.

trickpony1

TOS-
I don't have time to read all your posts right now. I will later.
One question:
I suppose you think the crew of the Enola Gay (if you even know what that was) were evil, criminals also?

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
TOS-
I don't have time to read all your posts right now. I will later.
One question:
I suppose you think the crew of the Enola Gay (if you even know what that was) were evil, criminals also?

I understand your passion but you dont have to mix subjects with me. I am too smart for you.

The Airmen on the Enola Gay were carrying out an "order" from the president of the united states, now, if you are going to tell us that president bush "ordered" all these criminals to murder, rape, pillage, torture and take away the most basic human rights from people in Iraq then I would like to hear YOU SAY THAT.

I dont expect that you will read anything I posted. Its what republicans do. AVOID facts.

For every year of both wars, there were hundreds of cases where our soldiers were charged with horrific crimes and tried and convicted. Some escaped justice through technicalities and dodged huge penalties.

I dont live my life draped in the american flag so tight around my head that it blocks my vision.

Maybe you do.

Tell me how ANY of these men in leavenworth deserve to be "honored" or praised. They should be forgotten while they are being punished for being the WORST of the WORST military personnel in our countries history.

Peace.