Let's add 3 stops per car.

Thebrownstreak

We were told at our PCM that our districts new "production manager" is requiring 3 additional stops per car. I'm amazed yet not really that they continue to try this. Every time they do I just make more and more money. On my route 3 additional stops could easily add at least a half hour to my day.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Same here, more stops take longer and I have been getting bigger and bigger paychecks. I have also noticed that I slow down more when I get tired. Whoever thinks that we can do more stops in the same amount of time needs to try to actually do the job....

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yep twice this week I've been finished with the "normal" route by around 6:30. When I got done with the splits they added I had a ten and eleven hour day.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
My Preloader usually adds a couple of extra stops for me too. I just wish they weren't two routes over and I get an extra half hour of overtime everyday knocking them out on the way in.

We were told at our PCM that our districts new "production manager" is requiring 3 additional stops per car. I'm amazed yet not really that they continue to try this. Every time they do I just make more and more money. On my route 3 additional stops could easily add at least a half hour to my day.
Logisticly this must make sence to the boys a corporate. That's the scary part

old brown shoe

30 year driver
we were told seven stops more when keyless entry was put in. Seems more like 17-27 more have been added in the last year. So go ahead and add a few more if you can fit them in.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
They can add as much as they want to me. I live 10 minutes from the building. I can work a 10 hour day, everyday, and still be home before 8:00 to see the wife and kids. That works out to roughly $90,000 a year should they decide to keep up the antics over the course of a calendar year.

UPSGUY72

Same here, more stops take longer and I have been getting bigger and bigger paychecks. I have also noticed that I slow down more when I get tired. Whoever thinks that we can do more stops in the same amount of time needs to try to actually do the job....

The idiots that have these bright ideas have no clue what actually has to happen for a package to get delivered.

It looks good on paper and it justifies them having a job so that is all that matters to them.

curiousbrain

In the center where I am employed, we averaged 175 SPC today; some drivers were out with 220+ stops. 3 stops is just a margin of error at this point.

SmithBarney

3 Stops might be fine if they are within your area, increases stop density, but if they are just scrambling to find them by adjusting
route boundaries, like others have said, it just adds on road time.. I love taking extra work... more $$ for me. Hell with the other guy who
wants to drop em.. I work for me and my family first..

DS

Fenderbender
3 Stops might be fine if they are within your area, increases stop density, but if they are just scrambling to find them by adjusting
route boundaries, like others have said, it just adds on road time.. I love taking extra work... more $$ for me. Hell with the other guy who
wants to drop em.. I work for me and my family first..
OK fred,we're giving you walmart,the home depot and a p14 so you can grab the pottery barn pickup at 9pm every night.
You get to see your family every weekend.