Let's Talk More About Lasership

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You can't and if lawyer would, they would have been the ones from Fedex Watch. They had both the money and the expertise and they folded.

The law evolves Sammy, so regulations and statutes also change over time. The current trend is toward finding many contractors to be employees. The recent Port of LA decision also enters the discussion. I think the Lasership settlement has them very concerned. Time to re-shuffle the deck and send out a revised version of the scam (again).

HomeDelivery

those contractors didn't really win ~ they settled

i'm still seeing more ads popping up weekly for more owner-operators

it's like the early days of RPS, i guess

stop density is not there yet. for example, I can do 120 stops in a 100-mile service area vs a lasership courier that's doing only 50 in the same area... unless they can guarantee a min pay structure, not many will stay w/ that outfit

M I Indy

Lawyers for contractors settled, contractors can't force the legals to continue for them, unless they want to pay out of their own pockets. Contractors are getting money for work performed awhile ago, found money for them. Corporate will always settle rather than face PR negativity. Which is why it is always a gag, nondisclosure, no admission of guilt. What you should be stating is "corporate settled, they didn't win" it is their policies and practices, not the contractors. Same in Maine, lawyers call those settlements, did you read what the judge said? Could of gotten more, sure, how long to wait for it though, most of the contractors wanted money now, I'm guessing. Corporate has oppressed them this long, they just wanted something, and lawyers were of course happy with their cut.

bbsam

Staff member
Lawyers for contractors settled, contractors can't force the legals to continue for them, unless they want to pay out of their own pockets. Contractors are getting money for work performed awhile ago, found money for them. Corporate will always settle rather than face PR negativity. Which is why it is always a gag, nondisclosure, no admission of guilt. What you should be stating is "corporate settled, they didn't win" it is their policies and practices, not the contractors. Same in Maine, lawyers call those settlements, did you read what the judge said? Could of gotten more, sure, how long to wait for it though, most of the contractors wanted money now, I'm guessing. Corporate has oppressed them this long, they just wanted something, and lawyers were of course happy with their cut.
Soo the contractors and lawyers "got their's". Eff everybody else.

M I Indy

Soo the contractors and lawyers "got their's". Eff everybody else.

Who is everybody else? Litigation has two sides, rotten part is lawyers from both sides still get paid, be better if winning litigator took all. Then it wouldn't always end in settlements. Corporate lawyers would actually have to present a valid argument instead wasting time and money. One lawyer in town, goes broke. Two lawyers in town, they both get rich.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I think that eventually it will go beyond settlement. That's when the fun begins.

P

prodriver

I think that eventually it will go beyond settlement. That's when the fun begins.

Would you prefer ground to be run like express is cause if (BIG IF) ground goes to all employees, management would be like express is now.

White Line

Wish I could play more, I gotta go to lunch with some associates/clients. When was the last time you had lunch with your "business partner"? Other than a weak BBQ, and you picked up the tab, because that"s how it works in a independent relationship. So you keep ragin' against the screen, stuck in your rut, I'm off to empower people that want to make a difference, not just a buck as a jobber. Yeah, your right I'm bitter......so bitter. LOL! You might want to take a grammar course with all that wealth your customer bestows upon you. I'll cutting a nice piece of fish for lunch, hope you enjoy cutting your mustard.....LOL.
"I'll cutting a nice piece of fish for lunch" and you are talking down to someone about grammar LOL.