Letter Carrier thinking about UPS

P

pickup

I'm new to this board and I was looking for some info about UPS.....I'm am currently a 30 year old letter carrier making about 72-75K a year with alot of overtime..We get great benny's along with 4 weeks of vacation a year that we can carry over, but I'm really sick of the job and I'm looking for a change....How hard is it to get hired off the street for a driving pos?? Is it even possible?? How are your hours?? Vacation weeks per year?? Sick time etc.. I dunno if its even a option for me, but I thought I would ask....Thanks guys

Dude, please stay where you are. I order books from Barnes and Nobles . Sometimes the Ups guy delivers it, sometimes it comes through UPSsurepost(and hence the postal carrier). Basically the same 2.2 pound package(so it says). The Post Office guy always looks a lot LESS stressed bringing it than the UPS guy.. Same package, totally different stress levels.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
one of our drivers was a letter carrier for quite a while

he's older but fast as ****, really puts the younger guys to shame

he says the bull**** at UPS is mickey mouse level compared to what goes on at the Post Office

ymmv

ryan74701

lol i was a TE city carrier for USPS for a year before i was hired off the street with ups here in this crap hole (north dakota), UPS is way easier to work for than the post office, when i was at USPS i walked probably 10 to 14 miles a day, now i have a super easy extended route with big brown, way better job security, better benefits, max pay is higher after 3 years (31.75?) and dogs like the ups guy more then the mail carrier. lol