LGBTQ

El Correcto

god is dead
That’s what impresses me about Paul.
He was a very gifted cult leader when it comes to spitting game at vulnerable people.

I find him very genuine too, I do believe he was asexual as well which is a huge boon for gathering followers, most cults start to really go off the rails once the word of god starts getting used to screw the male follower’s wives and molest the children. I do not believe Paul was that sort of man and was perfect to lead people in a cult. He was more like a heaven’s gate type dude, that did not see a need for reproduction because the end was nigh.

El Correcto

god is dead
I wish all people were like me, but each has a particular gift from God: one has this gift, and another has that one.

I’m telling those who are single and widows that it’s good for them to stay single like me.9 But if they can’t control themselves, they should get married, because it’s better to marry than to burn with passion.

Here is my biblical backing for Paul being an asexual and technically lgbtqiA. Also to back his doomsday beliefs about the end being near and that people should absolutely refrain from sex, but marriage is acceptable because he probably realized people wouldn’t really go along with his teaching, they lack mass appeal.

vantexan

You seriously need to quit filibustering me with walls of text just because you don’t want to admit you’re wrong and have no backing in the Bible for your view.
“Therefore, although I am confident that in Christ I have the right to command you to do your duty”
He is literally the word of god I don’t get why you think he can’t command a Christian.
You seriously need to quit filibustering me with walls of text just because you don't want to admit you're wrong and have no backing in the Bible for your view.

He was Christ's Apostle and as such he had authority. I never said he didn't. It's that he didn't wield his authority in the manner you're saying. He certainly got after some congregations to do better and he had high praise for others. But primarily the Apostle Paul discussed the nuts and bolts of living the Christian life. He did not occupy a Pope like office where he issued edicts and demanded subservience. You want to put everything Christian in the most negative light possible. Your hatred consumes you. You only hurt yourself.

vantexan

From what I understand from my Bible studies today is that messiah=Christ, just a Greek translation. Jesus was originally claiming to be an anointed one and descendant of David fulfilling god’s promise to have a Jewish king on the throne(son of man). Jesus promised his twelve apostles seats ruling below him in this new kingdom or Jewish homeland over the twelve tribes of Israel.
One of these seats would have included Judas, so we know he wasn’t correct about that. He also ended up executed by the Romans for claiming to be a Jewish king in the making, they never did take kindly to that kind of rhetoric.

“Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.”

After his execution came a bit of the melt down for all the Jews that followed him, they did not see themselves as practicing a new religion, they saw themselves as following their next king David figure and adding to their own holy scriptures of Judaism, Jesus fulfilling God’s promise to the Jewish people.

That’s where Paul steps in and redefines the kingdom they are being promised and redefines messiah/christ.

“For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”[c]
20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called,both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of Godand the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holinessand redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.

Paul stepped in and really laid the ground work for Christianity flourish without the messiah around still. Spread it to the gentiles and turned it into much more of a doomsday cult, a final reckoning from god.
Apparently you missed the part where the Church is a spiritual kingdom.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
1711202256671.png

El Correcto

god is dead
You seriously need to quit filibustering me with walls of text just because you don't want to admit you're wrong and have no backing in the Bible for your view.

He was Christ's Apostle and as such he had authority. I never said he didn't. It's that he didn't wield his authority in the manner you're saying. He certainly got after some congregations to do better and he had high praise for others. But primarily the Apostle Paul discussed the nuts and bolts of living the Christian life. He did not occupy a Pope like office where he issued edicts and demanded subservience. You want to put everything Christian in the most negative light possible. Your hatred consumes you. You only hurt yourself.
Yet again you’re filibustering with a wall of text with no scripture to back that Paul couldn’t command that man to release the slave, even when I have directly quoting Paul’s letter to the guy telling him he could but chose not to.

You’re being very ridiculous, yet again this isn’t even an argument this is just me showing you a fact and telling you you’re wrong.

El Correcto

god is dead
Oh you actually admitted I was right and that Paul could command that guy to release slaves now.

See originally that wasn’t your argument, your argument was Paul didn’t have authority over the congregations or that elder, which was a very incorrect take on what an apostle could do.

El Correcto

god is dead
Apparently you missed the part where the Church is a spiritual kingdom.
I don’t think you understand the timeline of when the biblical narratives were written how scholars have access to older texts than what is written in your Bible and different version of the scripture that older generations of Christians believed.

Jesus was much more political in his movement than some deity or guy claiming to be god. He was claiming to be anointed by god and an heir to David’s legacy. That is what a Christ or a messiah is and how people understood it in his day.

Paul really laid out how the messiah actually is in Christianity and that’s where the big divide between Judaism and your religion come into play.

El Correcto

god is dead

See this is how the Jewish followers of Jesus and modern day Jews view a messiah or Christ.
Paul changed the meaning of it and explained to them how God’s foolishness is wiser than man.

I think that’s why Paul focused so much more on gentiles than Jews, Jews were probably much harder to convert after the death of Jesus.

vantexan

Yet again you’re filibustering with a wall of text with no scripture to back that Paul couldn’t command that man to release the slave, even when I have directly quoting Paul’s letter to the guy telling him he could but chose not to.

You’re being very ridiculous, yet again this isn’t even an argument this is just me showing you a fact and telling you you’re wrong.
Again, take it in the context of the time they lived in. Slavery wasn't considered wrong at that time. It was the way things were done. You're trying to apply modern sensibilities to it. For Paul to order someone to release a slave would have been seen as extremely strange. They were in the process of establishing the Church, not to turn the world upside down. They were already spreading a gospel of love as opposed to the brutality of the Roman Empire. Which ultimately led to reforms in how the world operated.

El Correcto

god is dead
Again, take it in the context of the time they lived in. Slavery wasn't considered wrong at that time. It was the way things were done. You're trying to apply modern sensibilities to it. For Paul to order someone to release a slave would have been seen as extremely strange. They were in the process of establishing the Church, not to turn the world upside down. They were already spreading a gospel of love as opposed to the brutality of the Roman Empire. Which ultimately led to reforms in how the world operated.
bud I understand that fine, but we aren’t discussing just the morality of the day which you drag into modern times against lgbt people.

We are discussing natural law laid out by a creator.

El Correcto

god is dead
OK, natural law. Can you procreate? Yes, through heterosexual sex. Through homosexual sex? No.
Procreation isn’t the purpose of loving another individual or wanting to spend your life with them.

Your religion teaches that being single is better than procreation. Judaism really supports procreation though think that’s why you dip into Judaism to get that even though “We ArEnT UnDEr ThOSe LaWs AnYmORe” when you don’t agree with Judaism.

vantexan

Procreation isn’t the purpose of loving another individual or wanting to spend your life with them.

Your religion teaches that being single is better than procreation. Judaism really supports procreation though think that’s why you dip into Judaism to get that even though “We ArEnT UnDEr ThOSe LaWs AnYmORe” when you don’t agree with Judaism.
Christianity doesn't teach any such thing. The early writers were predicting the coming destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in A.D. 70 and were advising against serious relationships starting at that point.

Everything we need to do that's in the Old Testament is covered in the New Testament. It's not that the Old Law doesn't have any validity, it's that much of it is no longer required of Christians. For example Christians don't honor the Sabbath, the 7th day of the week, as Jews do.

El Correcto

god is dead
Christianity doesn't teach any such thing. The early writers were predicting the coming destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans in A.D. 70 and were advising against serious relationships starting at that point.

Everything we need to do that's in the Old Testament is covered in the New Testament. It's not that the Old Law doesn't have any validity, it's that much of it is no longer required of Christians. For example Christians don't honor the Sabbath, the 7th day of the week, as Jews do.
Yeah it absolutely does just like it teaches that Paul could command a Christian to obey him.
7 I wish all people were like me, but each has a particular gift from God: one has this gift, and another has that one.

8 I’m telling those who are single and widows that it’s good for them to stay single like me.9 But if they can’t control themselves, they should get married,

Yes celibacy is absolutely seen as a gift from god and the preferred sexuality is asexuality in your religion because it is a doomsday cult. They no longer had need of children being born post Jesus.

If you can’t control yourself you should marry. Why do you think there are celibate clerics in Christian denominations? That’s just some weird thing? No it is seen as the best way through this life, the most holy and correct.