LGBTQ

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
What is out of context about Paul explaining to them that marriage is for people who can’t be celibate to prevent sin and that celibacy is preferred?

Are you pledged to a woman? Do not seek to be released. Are you free from such a commitment? Do not look for a wife. 28 But if you do marry, you have not sinned;and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. But those who marry will face many troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this.
What I mean, brothers and sisters, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they do not; 30 those who mourn, as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not; those who buy something, as if it were not theirs to keep; 31 those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away.

The guy was a doomsday cult leader that redefined messiah and picked up where Jesus left off preaching about an end of the world scenario and God’s wrath being visited on the Jewish people enemies and the establishment of a new Jewish nation, except he spread it to the gentiles and allowed them to join as well, Jesus didn’t want to do that.
If you can't contain yourself (sin of fornication) then marry.
The context is, what ever was going on at the time in Corinth, it was not good to get married. Marriage is tough enough and in Corinth at the time of the writing, some one or some kind of persecution was making it even tougher.

vantexan

What is out of context about Paul explaining to them that marriage is for people who can’t be celibate to prevent sin and that celibacy is preferred?

Are you pledged to a woman? Do not seek to be released. Are you free from such a commitment? Do not look for a wife. 28 But if you do marry, you have not sinned;and if a virgin marries, she has not sinned. But those who marry will face many troubles in this life, and I want to spare you this.
What I mean, brothers and sisters, is that the time is short. From now on those who have wives should live as if they do not; 30 those who mourn, as if they did not; those who are happy, as if they were not; those who buy something, as if it were not theirs to keep; 31 those who use the things of the world, as if not engrossed in them. For this world in its present form is passing away.

The guy was a doomsday cult leader that redefined messiah and picked up where Jesus left off preaching about an end of the world scenario and God’s wrath being visited on the Jewish people enemies and the establishment of a new Jewish nation, except he spread it to the gentiles and allowed them to join as well, Jesus didn’t want to do that.
Celibacy if you aren't married isn't just preferred. It's required. And again, Jerusalem was completely destroyed by the Romans in A.D. 70. There are no documented cases of Christians dying during that. They were able to flee. The world as they knew it was turned upside down.

You've taken something out of context to try and create a narrative. You think you've figured something out the Biblical scholars for centuries have never noticed. What you're really proving is you're a bit narcissistic, full of hate, anger, and rage. You don't see the beauty in what you've been reading because you only want to tear it down. Seems a lot of effort to defend your desire to have gay sex.

El Correcto

god is dead
You people really don’t know :censored2: about Christianity do you.
This is amusing that an atheist homosexual that spent about 30 hours or so reading about it and listening to experts knows more about your religion than you do.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
You’re the one that believes all of Paul’s letters are genuine and written by Paul with someone holding a candle for him or some nonsense.

You have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about. You’re brainwashed not informed, there is a difference.
You're right.
I never went to the Google School of Divinity, but I do know a little bit about the scriptures.
Stop making a fool of yourself.

El Correcto

god is dead
Celibacy if you aren't married isn't just preferred. It's required.
Yea and also it is preferable to marriage and many passages I just quoted you from an apostle backs. The point of marriage is to prevent sin not to procreate because the world as they know it is gonna end and he wants to spare them the heart ache of being tied to it.
And again, Jerusalem was completely destroyed by the Romans in A.D. 70. There are no documented cases of Christians dying during that. They were able to flee. The world as they knew it was turned upside down.
This has nothing to do with Paul telling them celibacy is preferred to marriage because celibacy allows you to devote yourself more to god than a married man.
You've taken something out of context to try and create a narrative. You think you've figured something out the Biblical scholars for centuries have never noticed. What you're really proving is you're a bit narcissistic, full of hate, anger, and rage. You don't see the beauty in what you've been reading because you only want to tear it down. Seems a lot of effort to defend your desire to have gay sex.
No actually I learned this from biblical scholars. Like I said I’ve listened to around 30 hours of them talking about all sorts of subjects and reading myself.

El Correcto

god is dead
Like I said don’t feel bad than an atheist homo is having to homo explain the Bible to you because you were indoctrinated into a cult at a young age and caught up in the cultural Christian agenda in this country.

It is nothing to be ashamed of, 30 hours of actual study will always beat a life time of brainwashing when it comes to forming an actual understanding of something.
Thankfully there are many wonderful scholars that have done the heavy lifting for me.

El Correcto

god is dead
I’m not like BrownFlush when he googles “is evolution science”(lmao) then goes to the misconception page of an evolution education website to copy and paste misconceptions about evolution as his opinion.

You people are projecting, I google actual scholars, listen to their podcasts, read the Bible to understand the passages and then discuss it with you.

El Correcto

god is dead
Imagine expending this much effort, time, and energy on something you hate.
I don’t hate Christianity, that’s something I learned studying. I love learning about cults and cult leaders, Jim Jones, Koresh, Shoko Asahara, Roch Thériault, etc.

I find it very bizarre people take these things seriously, but I do believe them when they discuss having mental episodes they refer to as their “faith”. I hope one day science can help snap them out of their delusions with proper medication.

vantexan

Yea and also it is preferable to marriage and many passages I just quoted you from an apostle backs. The point of marriage is to prevent sin not to procreate because the world as they know it is gonna end and he wants to spare them the heart ache of being tied to it.

This has nothing to do with Paul telling them celibacy is preferred to marriage because celibacy allows you to devote yourself more to god than a married man.

No actually I learned this from biblical scholars. Like I said I’ve listened to around 30 hours of them talking about all sorts of subjects and reading myself.
Yah, scholars have devoted a lifetime to studying text in its original language. Have discussed every nuance. Have examined the historical backdrop extensively. But you walk in and in 30 hours cherry pick and take out of context and know all there is to know. With the obvious and stated goal to destroy Christianity. You have issues that go way beyond Christianity. Seek some therapy.

vantexan

I don’t hate Christianity, that’s something I learned studying. I love learning about cults and cult leaders, Jim Jones, Koresh, Shoko Asahara, Roch Thériault, etc.

I find it very bizarre people take these things seriously, but I do believe them when they discuss having mental episodes they refer to as their “faith”. I hope one day science can help snap them out of their delusions with proper medication.
Now go cope with your own delusion that putting a penis up your anus makes you complete.

El Correcto

god is dead
Now go cope with your own delusion that putting a penis up your anus makes you complete.
There it is, that’s all I want. Don’t hide behind Jesus and scripture that you barely understand to promote your hate you coward. Stand by your hatred and embrace it for what it is, hatred.
1711240706972.jpeg

Last edited: