Life insurance

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by upsmaninmi, Mar 21, 2015.

1. upsmaninmi

upsmaninmi Member

Anyone have use a insurance company that will deduct dues from your paycheck?

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

You can set it up that way but wouldn't it be easier to set up an EFT from your checking/savings account?

3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I'm in the credit union which is deducted from the paycheck. That would be an easy way to do it.

4. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

Yes.

5. jbg77

jbg77 Active Member

Yes liberty mutual car insurance

6. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

7. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Just pay yearly, most insurance companies( car included) give a "discount" for paying yearly or when your policy is due up. I use "discount" because I could just as easily say they charge you an interest rate spread out amongst payments through your policy term. Do a little math on how much of a "discount" they give you for the yearly vs monthly vs weekly and you'll be shocked.

8. Indecisi0n

I

A
    G
    R
    E
    E

9. UpstateNYUPSer

I would think someone asking if the dues can be deducted from their paycheck would not have the resources to pay for a full year at a time.

10. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

And I would think you would have answered my question.

11. upsmaninmi

upsmaninmi Member

It's no wonder people think UPS drivers are Richard Heads. A simple yes or no would have been sufficient. I asked if anyone has their life insurance premiums taken directly from their paycheck. Plain and simple.

12. Indecisi0n

L
    O
    L

13. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Only things I know of that are directly take out of checks are 401k, union dues, and any garnishments (tax liens. Child support, ect)

14. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

I get mine deducted from my checking every quarter through Union Life automatically.

15. rod

rod retired and happy

No body in their right mind would use Liberty Mutual as their own insurance company. If you ever dealt with them on a work comp claim you know what I mean.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  16. UpstateNYUPSer

17. jbg77

jbg77 Active Member

Ive never had to.

18. jumpman23

jumpman23 Oh Yeah

And you don't want too either. Liberty Mutual and UPS are in bed together so just remember that. So if you ever get hurt on the road call 911 and get ambulance to come pick you up and get a lawyer soon there after.