Local 177 Election

1timepu

Nice I bring up Issues and look what happens, you get beat down by the elite's my shop steward said " Shut up you Idiot, don't you know how stupid you are, you are to stupid to know how good they are VOTE EXECUTIVE BOARD SLATE! when you stupid people have some real fact's then come talk, until then shut up! Hey everybody that's my Shop Steward would you want him representing you, I DON'T! Hey Shop Steward 177 anybody who has legitimate gripes should not be shouted down or intimidated into being quite, Shame on you! Now everybody on BC knows how bad 177 really is thanx ST 177. And Princess maybe i should clarify myself since you couldn't tell from my complaint's who I said Safety is a joke, The company I refer to that statement.
This sums it all up why we r upset with our local!!

Last edited by a moderator:

T Princess Local 866

Wow I can see your special. LOL you read the word stupid and i did not see it at all in his post. It just what you must think of yourself. You wanted to have a debate here so you got it and what do you do twist people's words around and still you do not say one thing that is useful. Beat down LOL. As for Safety you still seem to blame the union on safety issues. I would not work in unsafe conditions. I would use my load stand. You have a right to go see a doctor or go to the hospital. No one takes any of these rights. I do not let myself be bullied by UPS management. I am done debating with you since you don't know how it goes. You like to twist words of people, you do understand that people can go back and read the post. So stop henny penny the sky is not falling. May the best slate win. You know the one with experience, truthfulness, and honor win. People who have been shop stewards and been part of the negotiation team. Who went to union academy. Look I posted the truths and I also posted the stats and good things they have done. I have yet to see anything about time for a change. So poof I am done with you. Now come on and quote everything i said and then rant and rave about words that are not there. Haha..

T Princess Local 866

There are a lot of cry babies in here! Stop putting down the current slate! They are a strong team, they fight hard and get results.
If you don't know that about the current slate then you obviously don't know what you are talking about.
Stop being ungrateful and open your eyes to the world around you. Vote Executive Board Slate! When you cry babies have some real facts then come talk, until then shut it! Stop your whining!

Nope nowhere do i see shut it you idiot. Maybe what is wrong with our local is the people who do nothing to help it. Yet love to add extra words into other peoples mouths. Oh did the big words of shut it hurt you? He is right come back with real facts instead of crying about the plane and billboard. I bet this Steward goes after UPS in the same way. I am with you ShopstewardLocal177. Dude only reply to people who have real questions or have a handle on what is going on. The 2 local 177 just joined to fight they have not put down one good discussion. When you try to answer anything with them all they do is come back with things that are always trying to be worked on by the Union. It's not easy as anyone on this board will tell you. It's not easy to make UPS be safe, or care about its employee's this is nation wide not just our local. wake up read the entire board! You will see it's nation wide.

1timepu

Again Princess please worry about yur Local, nobody asked for yur input. And I again I was referring to the company safety is a joke you need to read and clear yur eyes from dis- information.

I guess I would vote for them if I was happy with the 40% decrease in the value of my pension fund..!
Why are so many people "in love" with the Executive Board..?? Their day has come and gone...they have been a failure..!! Our pension fund is losing money faster than a balloon losing air! They have their drones and friends tell us that "it wasn't their fault" or "no one could have saved it". Not good enough...!! Make no mistake about it....they are at fault..! They lost the money...!!

When will all you people wake up and see the board's talk of "friendship" and "loyalty" will mean nothing to you when they get their $80,000.00 a year pension and you are stuck getting a part-time job after your pension, after taxes and the spouse deduction of $200, is less than $3000 a month...which would be $36,000 a year..!!:angry:

These are facts......are all of you that uneducated about the facts..??

deleted9

I guess I would vote for them if I was happy with the 40% decrease in the value of my pension fund..!
Why are so many people "in love" with the Executive Board..?? Their day has come and gone...they have been a failure..!! Our pension fund is losing money faster than a balloon losing air! They have their drones and friends tell us that "it wasn't their fault" or "no one could have saved it". Not good enough...!! Make no mistake about it....they are at fault..! They lost the money...!!

When will all you people wake up and see the board's talk of "friendship" and "loyalty" will mean nothing to you when they get their $80,000.00 a year pension and you are stuck getting a part-time job after your pension, after taxes and the spouse deduction of $200, is less than $3000 a month...which would be $36,000 a year..!!:angry:

These are facts......are all of you that uneducated about the facts..??

I am surprised that a lot of the people on bc are not blaming UPS for the failing pension funds, just remember every week UPS fulfilled their commitment to pay the union what they are supposed to.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am surprised that a lot of the people on bc are not blaming UPS for the failing pension funds, just remember every week UPS fulfilled their commitment to pay the union what they are supposed to.

I'm incredulous that you are surprised by that ... UPS is the blame for everything bad that has happened to many people on here. It is amusing if you look at it in a certain way ... well it amuses me anyway.

ShopStewardLocal177

P
Hello Everyone,

It's been awhile since I have come back to Brown Cafe! I am here to say,
VOTE THE EXECUTIVE BOARD SLATE!!!

Local 177
The WHOLE SLATE and nothing but the SLATE, THE EXECUTIVE BOARD SLATE!!!

There really is no comparison. Everyone on the Executive Board has years of shop steward experience. They have been members of contract Negotiation Committees, Delegates to IBT Conventions, experienced Arbitration Preparation and Presentation, attended Teamster Leadership Academy. The Executive Board has attended many National Panel Conferences. Members of the Board have Co-Chaired many of our Local 177/UPS Supplemental Contract Negotiations, attended Labor Seminars, Labor Law and Law Arbitration Conference. The list goes on and on. Don't mess with the BEST, because the Best don't mess! For the sake of all our members future. Vote the Executive Board Slate, once again! Thank you for your support! Send out those ballots, now! Check off the only box, The Executive Borad Slate box!

Time4change slate has no experience nogotiating for anything. Most of them never been shop stewards nor attended meetings! I think a couple that are stewards, don't file many grievances and allow supervisors to do bargaining unit work! No shop stewards nominated any of the Time4change slate!
There is no evidence showing an interest in representing, you-the member, by this slate called Time4change. They should change their name to Time2change our diaper. They seem to be a bunch of cry babies, who only think of themselves!

So you see there is no comparison! Please VOTE The EXECUTVE BOARD SLATE!!! SEND OUT YOUR BALLOTS NOW! BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

Thank You For Your Support,

ShopStewardLocal177

Please send out those ballots, NOW! Vote The Executive Board Slate! Thank you for your support!

Please send out those ballots, NOW! Vote The Executive Board Slate! Thank you for your support!

Hmm....first of all, why does it matter who nominated any candidates? Are shop stewards God-like people to you? For your information, there are stewards in many facilities that are publicly supporting the TIME4CHANGE177 ticket!

Second, a 38 year member AND shop steward nominated a TIME4CHANGE177 candidate, but don't let the facts get in your way just because you are a drone or read a mailer full of falsehoods.
Thirdly, how do you know who or who doesn't file grievances..? I sure don't know who has or hasn't filed one. I just come in and do the job.
Fourth, how do you "know" another member and UPS employee is letting a supervisor do "bargaining unit work"? Were you there to see that happen..? Of course, you weren't...it just sounds good to say something like that, right?
Fifth, what does this statement mean, "They seem to be a bunch of cry babies, who only think of themselves!"..? Why would 13 people take 2 weeks off without pay and travel all over the state to "cry" and hide their selfish motives..??
Last, for all this "experience" you talk of, our pension fund lost 40% of its value and we got nothing in our pension out of the biggest UPS contribution in history! Also, people in every one of the UPS facilities are fed up with the arrogance and lack of support they receive from the Executive Slate..!

One more thing, without this election taking place, at least 7 of the 13 people on the executive board slate would have been appointed to their position without any input from the members of Local177..! That invites corruption......remember one thing: "Any team that wins an election dishonestly, will govern dishonestly".

rama'nfeeders

Hey again if you are happy. then no brainer you get one vote so please use it. I am in contact with 30 other stewards that do not feel that way, I have 2 members on the board that are thinking about leaving and get together with us. This is not Treason this is the way it is suppose to be done.
Most people are not happy with the selections they have made the last 6 years and also the fact that 2 of the major players are retiring this year.

Its not like they just have to fill in 2 spots with business agents. They have to replace the President and Vice President From Within and that will not be an easy task

Like i have said before no negativity, The Issues will be out for the RANK AND FILE to Vote on

When election process is over We are back to a Strong and Proud Union For another 3 years

rama'nfeeders

I hear you loud and clear we are losing some important people. Just remember if you vote for the new slate they have no experience w/ grievances and also do you wantthem negotiating your next contract. These people are NOVIVCES! I wish all you well, but not shifters to help you!

T Princess Local 866

Hmm....first of all, why does it matter who nominated any candidates? Are shop stewards God-like people to you? For your information, there are stewards in many facilities that are publicly supporting the TIME4CHANGE177 ticket!

There are also many who are not. Tit for tat as people would say. You must think they are god like (small G please) if you put that there.

Second, a 38 year member AND shop steward nominated a TIME4CHANGE177 candidate, but don't let the facts get in your way just because you are a drone or read a mailer full of falsehoods.

If it didn't matter to you why on earth would you then put that here. I was at the meeting if one of tthe TFC were nominated by a steward bully for him/her . All the EB were nominated by stewards! BTW the TFC almost never go to the meetings.

Thirdly, how do you know who or who doesn't file grievances..? I sure don't know who has or hasn't filed one. I just come in and do the job.

As a steward the rank and file give him the grievance to hand in. I hope he knows who he is representing.

Fourth, how do you "know" another member and UPS employee is letting a supervisor do "bargaining unit work"? Were you there to see that happen..? Of course, you weren't...it just sounds good to say something like that, right?

Again who do you think the rank and file go to when supervisors work? They say "Oh so and so was working right next to me for 20 minutes..." Steward says "Do you want to put a grievance in?" Employee almost always says "No I don't want to get involved." Are you saying that a steward can't believe what he is being told by the rank and file? A steward is not Omipresent.

Fifth, what does this statement mean, "]They seem to be a bunch of cry babies, who only think of themselves!"..? Why would 13 people take 2 weeks off without pay and travel all over the state to "cry" and hide their selfish motives..??

They want to get into the office they are running for. They are doing it for themselves. They keep promising things they can't deliver. Who really cares if they are going to raise the 8.50 hr starting pay. Only the IBT can do that. Or they are going to bring all the part timers into the Teamster pension. IBT again! IBT tried that years ago and it fell short!

Last, for all this "experience" you talk of, our pension fund lost 40% of its value and we got nothing in our pension out of the biggest UPS contribution in history! Also, people in every one of the UPS facilities are fed up with the arrogance and lack of support they receive from the Executive Slate..!

Lack of support that's all I get from the EB. I do not find them arrogant either. I can go up to them and talk to them about my problems. You can't please everyone in the world. As for putting people on a slate who have no experience handling UPS. One word REALLY?

One more thing, without this election taking place, at least 7 of the 13 people on the executive board slate would have been appointed to their position without any input from the members of Local177..! That invites corruption......remember one thing: "Any team that wins an election dishonestly, will govern dishonestly".

Who is to say they are dishonest? I would never say an election is a bad thing. I don't think he is saying an election is a bad thing. Just vote for the EB he is saying. I myself feel better that the EB is picking people they know are good and will help the slate. They are picking people who have been in the front lines.
I got an e mail from TFC people with video saying that the EB are saying racist slurs. There was no sound just looking at it that's what it looks like. I downloaded the Codec that gave me the sound and there it was. NO not one RACIST slur in any of the 4 clips. He did call Jerry a Rat and why was that? When Al was asking him how is he going to fix the pension. (yes it got heated) But not one of the TFC people would say how they were going to fix it. So what does Jerry do. First he run's into the guard shack and tells them to "GET A SUPERVISOR" OMG then that was not enough two of them ran inside and got UPS to come out and handle the debate! This is not what I want to represent me someone who goes Running to UPS when in a middle of a debate about "what they are going to change" A grown person who knows how they are going to do something that is there main platform should have said. "We are going to do this and this and this. " Are they scared if they lose the EB will steal the idea? They should be happy to give that information if they really cared about the pension. Instead they go running into UPS and get a labor manager. Then... When he is there and Al is still saying what are you going to do? All the TFC kept saying was "cry like a baby your a baby cry like a baby" I think I counted about 15 times they said that. That's the come back. That is the Grown men and woman you want to represent you? It's a election people vote for whom you want to vote for.
Enjoy the beautiful day. Get a grip. Also for people who told me to worry about my OWN local. 177 is my local. Where in the TOS of Brown Cafe does it state that I must use the local that I belong to as my name? also what a lame come back. As a Teamster I worry about us in a hole. Not just myself maybe TFC people should learn that!

Done again!

PEACE

what i find absolutely amazing from reading all of these ridiculous posts is that ALL of you, rather than who you support, base your "facts" and "information" on things that you THINK you know. i'm not going to say that i know everything because i don't. but what i will tell you is before you open your mouth and start pointing fingers and creating stories ONLY to make the "timeforchange" crew look good....do your homework and why not live with one of the guys on the board. stop looking at how much money they make and stop worrying about yourselves and what they do or don't for you ALONE--how about what they do FOR THE WHOLE. the WHOLE 9,000 plus members!!! for starters....their salaries -- honestly doesn't compare to other officers salaries throughout the country, and not for nothing YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CREATE AND FORM YOUR OWN SLATE TO RUN FOR THOSE POSITIONS. also, for YOU, your job ends when you clock out. the EB slate takes home their work because they are COMMITTED and DEVOTED to doing their job. next, if you haven't all realized the USA itself is in a pretty bad state...it's not just the LOCAL 177 losing this and losing that....and to think that the "timeforchange" crew can do any better is beyond laughable!!!!!!!!!! just look at their group picture alone - they are the BIGGEST group of MISFITS just like their website. IT'S A DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!! the mere fact that MOST of them have NEVER attended a union meeting alone would be enough for the dumbest person in the world to realize that their priorities are only for themselves....

again, everyone is entitled to their opinion...and everyone is allowed to make the vote they choose, but my god...how in god's name can anyone honestly justify their vote for the "timeforchange" group!!!! EXECUTIVE BOARD SLATE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShopStewardLocal177

The Executive Board Slate is the only choice for me. Time4change slate is running on an empty platform! While campaigning, Time4change all parked their cars in the handicap spots! They think they are above the law? Also while campaigning Time4change was harassing me by yelling at me, just because I support The Executive Board Slate. Time4change also lied about the video they e mailed out to everyone. There was no sound to the video, so they could say that the Board was saying slurs. Funny, when you put the sound on, the only thing being said was about the pension!

T Princess Local 866

Yes the EB does take it home. I Know for a fact one of the EB were called on a Friday he was out to dinner with his family. He was needed in the building. He left his family (God bless his wife and children) came to the building and saved a person's job on the spot! I also seen the TFC people take back one of there cards from a newbie because he can't vote. What he does not matter. If they win he can't have there names? I almost passed out when I seen that! I don't want people who can't handle getting yelled at by someone running to UPS for help. Come on that is kids stuff. Stand up like a man and answer the question. How you gonna do it oh "great pension guru." like the rest said ... EXECUTIVE BOARD SLATE ALL THE WAY.......PLEASE VOTE!!!!! OH YEAH (ok thats what the cool-aid man says)

ShopStewardLocal177

what i find absolutely amazing from reading all of these ridiculous posts is that ALL of you, rather than who you support, base your "facts" and "information" on things that you THINK you know. i'm not going to say that i know everything because i don't. but what i will tell you is before you open your mouth and start pointing fingers and creating stories ONLY to make the "timeforchange" crew look good....do your homework and why not live with one of the guys on the board. stop looking at how much money they make and stop worrying about yourselves and what they do or don't for you ALONE--how about what they do FOR THE WHOLE. the WHOLE 9,000 plus members!!! for starters....their salaries -- honestly doesn't compare to other officers salaries throughout the country, and not for nothing YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO CREATE AND FORM YOUR OWN SLATE TO RUN FOR THOSE POSITIONS. also, for YOU, your job ends when you clock out. the EB slate takes home their work because they are COMMITTED and DEVOTED to doing their job. next, if you haven't all realized the USA itself is in a pretty bad state...it's not just the LOCAL 177 losing this and losing that....and to think that the "timeforchange" crew can do any better is beyond laughable!!!!!!!!!! just look at their group picture alone - they are the BIGGEST group of MISFITS just like their website. IT'S A DISGRACE!!!!!!!!!!! the mere fact that MOST of them have NEVER attended a union meeting alone would be enough for the dumbest person in the world to realize that their priorities are only for themselves....

again, everyone is entitled to their opinion...and everyone is allowed to make the vote they choose, but my god...how in god's name can anyone honestly justify their vote for the "timeforchange" group!!!! EXECUTIVE BOARD SLATE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AMEN Brother!!! Everything I have ever asked The Executive Board to help me with has been quickly responded to and I have seen many positive results come from The Boards actions!!! I would like to thank The Executive Board for all they have done for me, my members, and our local!!!

AMEN Brother!!! Everything I have ever asked The Executive Board to help me with has been quickly responded to and I have seen many positive results come from The Boards actions!!! I would like to thank The Executive Board for all they have done for me, my members, and our local!!!
The current Executive Board has not run a campaign other than to enlighten people as to why they should not vote for the oppositon. This is not a campaign. I have not heard one campaign statement as to what they are going to do during the next 3 years to move this Local forward. I can handle pride and arrogance from UPS management but when you get pride and arrogance from elected union officials it is clearly a time to clean house. The working conditions and the mistreatment of employees in Local 177 has gotten much worse during the regime of this Executive Board. Any slate can accomplish that. You don't need a lot of experience to do that.

AND U THINK "TIMEFORCHANGE" HAS??????? ask them a question, see if you get an answer let alone an honest one! and maybe ur "pride and arrogance" that you feel you receive from union officals is because it's what YOU give to them. they deal with UPS and their arrogance and always hold their members best interest at heart; yet they are never do the BEST in everyone's eyes because you ALL want MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!! TAKE WHAT YOU GET AND BE HAPPY! BE HAPPY THAT YOU EVEN HAVE A JOB...BE HAPPY THAT YOU HAVE PEOPLE WILLING TO PUT UP A FIGHT!!! and apparently you don't watch tv and listen to all the US campaigns going on -- "other than enlighten ppl as to why they should not vote for the opposition" IS WHAT EVERYONE RUNNING IN A ELECTION REGARDLESS OF WHAT KIND DOES!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope to god YOU never run for anything!