Local supplements 2023-2028

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Appointed
Without commenting on the specific salaries for your local officers and agents, I will now ask if it is your opinion that these people be paid proportionately or less than what you're coworkers and yourself are paid?

If so, how would you hope to attract the best and brightest in your local to step and run for these important and demanding positions, if there wasn't some incentive from a compensation standpoint?

My local officers and agents actually are pretty much in line with UPSer's pay, or in the case of most feeder drivers, it's a pay cut.

That coupled with pension disadvantages and it's hard to attract UPSer's to even run here, unless they are very young in the job or ready to retire.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Without commenting on the specific salaries for your local officers and agents, I will now ask if it is your opinion that these people be paid proportionately or less than what you're coworkers and yourself are paid?

If so, how would you hope to attract the best and brightest in your local to step and run for these important and demanding positions, if there wasn't some incentive from a compensation standpoint?

My local officers and agents actually are pretty much in line with UPSer's pay, or in the case of most feeder drivers, it's a pay cut.

That coupled with pension disadvantages and it's hard to attract UPSer's to even run here, unless they are very young in the job or ready to retire.
Yep, this is been my biggest issue with his rant. The money wasn’t good enough for him to stay, even though apparently he had a seat at the table. And now he wants to complain about business agents, making a little bit more for a job that most people can’t and won’t do. Feels hypocritical to me, that being said, if you’re not happy with the job the eboard is doing vote them out and quit complaining. And then to rectify the situation he wants to burn the whole thing down by voting No on a national contract.
L O L OK that makes sense. 🙄

Up In Smoke

The officers that conduct local business and promote union activities earn slightly over 200K with benefits included. So, 20ish percent more than the highest paid drivers (less sleeper teams). At the beginning of the 2018 contract the salaries were equal to the highest paid drivers, but while the rank and file received 11.5% raises, the officers saw 32.6% raises thru 2022. Of the 8 BAs only one has more than 2 years experience and he is on the e-board. The 7 remaining BAs were appointed after the last general election in 2021. The current e-board cleaned house and removed 6 BAs as they created the slate that ran against the current slate. Lose the election and lose your job. The newly appointed BAs earn between 145K and 175K with benefits. Our officers, BAs and office staff all receive the same benefit pkg as full time employees. If I remember correctly two of the new BAs were part time employees with less than 3 yrs of seniority. Again, there's a degree of trust issues that shadow our local. I believe the most I earned as a trustee was 4K for the year. It was never about the money for me, but now everything comes with a price.

Thebrownblob

The officers that conduct local business and promote union activities earn slightly over 200K with benefits included. So, 20ish percent more than the highest paid drivers (less sleeper teams). At the beginning of the 2018 contract the salaries were equal to the highest paid drivers, but while the rank and file received 11.5% raises, the officers saw 32.6% raises thru 2022. Of the 8 BAs only one has more than 2 years experience and he is on the e-board. The 7 remaining BAs were appointed after the last general election in 2021. The current e-board cleaned house and removed 6 BAs as they created the slate that ran against the current slate. Lose the election and lose your job. The newly appointed BAs earn between 145K and 175K with benefits. Our officers, BAs and office staff all receive the same benefit pkg as full time employees. If I remember correctly two of the new BAs were part time employees with less than 3 yrs of seniority. Again, there's a degree of trust issues that shadow our local. I believe the most I earned as a trustee was 4K for the year. It was never about the money for me, but now everything comes with a price.
Yes, you’re the spotless lamb. It’s never about money even though you quit because of the money, that you were chasing with your own business? Give me a break dude. The poison that you’re spewing must have something to do with the fact that you are hopeful for unemployment because that’s what you’re gonna get for a lot of the people who are your spewing this poison to.

Last edited:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Yes, you’re the spotless lamb. It’s never about money even though you quit because of the money, that you were chasing with your own business? Give me a break dude. The poison that you’re spewing must have something to do with the fact that you are hopeful for unemployment because that’s what you’re gonna get for a lot of the people who are your spewing this poison to.
Salaries of the Local's officers and agents has nothing to do with this contract for sure.

....and it was a bush league move for anyone to use the contract review meeting as springboard to promote that narrative.

Kind of shameful actually.

Thebrownblob

Salaries of the Local's officers and agents has nothing to do with this contract for sure.

....and it was a bush league move for anyone to use the contract review meeting as springboard to promote that narrative.

But it’s been going on for five years according to him, and he just now found out even though also according to him, he goes over all the books and goes to every meeting.😂🙄
Never mind it just a couple weeks ago he was on board with this contract . But it’s not about the money he does all of this for free.

Up In Smoke

We were sold "the best contract ever" by our leadership five years ago. It was determined by our leadership that our votes didn't meet the threshold and we were awarded a flawed and inferior product. This time around our leadership is texting and emailing every member pushing for a yes vote. Why is it so important that we (our local) has a record turnout and a landslide yes vote? Speculation and rumor have our officers positioning themselves for IBT positions. The feeder network typically is insightful when it comes to inside information.

Thebrownblob

We were sold "the best contract ever" by our leadership five years ago. It was determined by our leadership that our votes didn't meet the threshold and we were awarded a flawed and inferior product. This time around our leadership is texting and emailing every member pushing for a yes vote. Why is it so important that we (our local) has a record turnout and a landslide yes vote? Speculation and rumor have our officers positioning themselves for IBT positions. The feeder network typically is insightful when it comes to inside information.
L O L you really need to stop you’re sounding more and more ridiculous for someone who says they’ve been here as long as you.

We had three days worth of meetings to accommodate as many people as wanted to come from over 3000 UPS members less than 200 showed up, the turn out will be similar maybe slightly higher than last time big deal, and every contract is sold as the best contract ever. SMH and oh no the leader ship at your local wants to take a bigger leader ship role? How awful too bad that wasn’t your righteous path maybe you could’ve fixed all this? Lol.

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

@Up In Smoke…. it’s not about the money I do everything out of the goodness of my heart.

Also @Up In Smoke….. Some people at the hall are making a few shekels more than some other people, I’m voting No, because I just found out about this even though a couple weeks ago, I said it was a good contract.😂

Your retirement can’t come soon enough I’m sure for your local.

Thebrownblob

Up in Smoke, seemed knowledgeable and measured in his views. From what I see he did not stoop to personal attacks like others.
Hi @Up In Smoke 👋 😂
sabotaging a contract meeting and making sure it’s unproductive to suit your personal grudge against a couple of business agents making too much money in his opinion, is not knowledgeable it’s petty. And then coming on here and lying and saying he just found out about it when it’s been going on for five years and he also “pays attention” is also Petty. Obviously, the members of his own local felt the same and voted for the contract.

Last edited: