Local 177 Election

How many slates for the upcoming election? Is the E-board going to make it? Bad time for an election after all the controversy about the contract.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Could go either way. I hear a lot of talk about change, but many will be happy with the supplement.

bluehdmc

Executive Slate has been outside the buildings campaigning, haven't seen anyone from the Members 1st Slate. Eboard says they have a health care plan in conjunction with Western States, nothing in writing though. Just "vote for us".

Wally

The powers that be in office always have the upper hand. They are out campaigning while getting paid by us. The other slate has to take time off to do that.

ikoi62

The powers that be in office always have the upper hand. They are out campaigning while getting paid by us. The other slate has to take time off to do that.

the executive slate has to take vacation too campaign just like the feeders1st sorry members1st slate. get your facts strait please.

Wally

the executive slate has to take vacation too campaign just like the feeders1st sorry members1st slate. get your facts strait please.

I didn't know this, if true. How much vacation time do we pay them? Must be plenty, since we see much more of them around the building then normal. So many in fact, one has to navigate around the large bodies.

ikoi62

I didn't know this, if true. How much vacation time do we pay them? Must be plenty, since we see much more of them around the building then normal. So many in fact, one has to navigate around the large bodies.

I understand they get the same vacation they would get as if they were working employees.and if they lost the elections the ones that cant retire have to go back to their old jobs.
Its true. the have to take vacation to campaign. the down side of these vacations are they still have to work doing Union business. plus all the t shirts and flyers and mailings come out of their own pockets.
I don't know what building your in but they are in mine every week on different days and I'm pretty sure they are in yours too.

upsset

Wally, there is a lot of truth you don't know. Here is a suggestion for you, stop talking until you know the facts and you won't make all these stupid false statements.

Wally

Wally, there is a lot of truth you don't know. Here is a suggestion for you, stop talking until you know the facts and you won't make all these stupid false statements.

OK, I'll bite. What false statements?

Wally

okay Wally, this is your most recent false statement.

In most elections, incumbency has an advantage, no falsehood there. If you tell me our leadership does absolutely no other union business on these vacations days, I will recant. Although, may I point out, we do pay their salaries, including vacation, so, in fact, they do campaign while on the Union's dime. Semantical reach? Perhaps, but none the less, a true statement. You could also argue that the company is financing the opposition! Dick Morris eat your heart out!

stink219

That is so untrue. They need to put in for vacation time. It is an election violation to get paid while campaigning. That goes for both sides.

Wally

I stand corrected. I thought maybe they had some meetings or other work during the rest of the day or other union business to deal with, office visits, phone calls, etc.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I understand they get the same vacation they would get as if they were working employees.and if they lost the elections the ones that cant retire have to go back to their old jobs.
Its true. the have to take vacation to campaign. the down side of these vacations are they still have to work doing Union business. plus all the t shirts and flyers and mailings come out of their own pockets.
I don't know what building your in but they are in mine every week on different days and I'm pretty sure they are in yours too.
You are sounding very one-sided. Like you have made up your mind and want everyone else to think like you do.
And as for using vacation, that's BS. They will campaign in the morning, go into the hall or their barns, then campaign later in the day. They won't use a day of vacation time.

Wally

You are sounding very one-sided. Like you have made up your mind and want everyone else to think like you do.
And as for using vacation, that's BS. They will campaign in the morning, go into the hall or their barns, then campaign later in the day. They won't use a day of vacation time.

This cannot be true? That would be against the law! What penalty comes with that?