Local 251

street walking cheetah

Guys get to spend more time with their families, and don't have to work 50 plus hours per week. That's what 9.5 is all about for me.
The stewards I know are great, solid Teamsters.
I haven't heard of many firings or guys out for long.
The old guys used to have guys out of work for months at a time for stuff they shouldn't have gotten a warning letter for.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Guys get to spend more time with their families, and don't have to work 50 plus hours per week. That's what 9.5 is all about for me.
The stewards I know are great, solid Teamsters.
I haven't heard of many firings or guys out for long.
The old guys used to have guys out of work for months at a time for stuff they shouldn't have gotten a warning letter for.
Hmmm, I think that is a blatant lie. Just had a few conversations in the feeder break room this week with some of the new stewards. I think your not being truthful.

street walking cheetah

Hey, that's just my perception. I was unhappy before and like what is going on now.
If some other guys are unhappy, so be it. I suppose they can't please everyone. Were you talking with the stewards who quit when the new guys took over and complain all the time now? Not many guys like those guys.
I like that the Local website is updated. Not once every 5 years like before. I get text messages about meetings and rallies. They swnd emails about important stuff. They are on facebook. That never happened before. We've had 2 newsletter mailed, with good reports of contracts at different companies. Good stuff overall.
Not everything is going to be perfect, but I like the effort.

wide load

Hey, that's just my perception. I was unhappy before and like what is going on now.
If some other guys are unhappy, so be it. I suppose they can't please everyone. Were you talking with the stewards who quit when the new guys took over and complain all the time now? Not many guys like those guys.
I like that the Local website is updated. Not once every 5 years like before. I get text messages about meetings and rallies. They swnd emails about important stuff. They are on facebook. That never happened before. We've had 2 newsletter mailed, with good reports of contracts at different companies. Good stuff overall.
Not everything is going to be perfect, but I like the effort.
The convos I had were 2 current stewards their disappointments of the current 9.5 grievance process. They have said,"Don't believe anything that comes out of his (current BA's) mouth". Like you said, you can't please everyone.

The convos I had were 2 current stewards their disappointments of the current 9.5 grievance process. They have said,"Don't believe anything that comes out of his (current BA's) mouth". Like you said, you can't please everyone.
I hear they are paying pennies on the dollar for 9.5 grievances. Some kind of deal the locals principle officer set up with labor. And then management turns around and files a restraining order against the other Ba. Priceless. If it was me I would have just met them in court. Ups would have backed Down. They don't want that stuff in the court system. I'm speaking from experience. Lol.

street walking cheetah

I suppose a lot of rumors fly around without any truth to them. They do in the building and in the local too. All it takes is someone posting something or saying something to a few people to start a rumor.

wide load

I suppose a lot of rumors fly around without any truth to them. They do in the building and in the local too. All it takes is someone posting something or saying something to a few people to start a rumor.
Do you go to your meetings? Your local is now a TDU local which means it isn't run by members. It's run by a group of non teamsters. So your local magazine, flyers, promotions, decisions and advertisements are all done by people not even in your state. Even your Rhode Island Hospital contract was outsourced. And word is people aren't happy. But I'm glad to hear your very pleased. But I'll give you some free advice, don't accept things as truth just because your happy with an answer. Seek it out for for yourself. Question if something doesn't make sense. If you don't, you'll find out the hard way that you were played. Good luck.

street walking cheetah

I go to some of the meetings. There's a huge difference in the meetings from the last guys. No one wanted to go to the 5 minute meetings. If anything the hour and a half meetings are a bit long now.
I worked with the BA and ST for years. They're easy to talk to and haven't changed. I think the ST has been a big tdu guy for a while. It doesn't matter much to me.

wide load

I go to some of the meetings. There's a huge difference in the meetings from the last guys. No one wanted to go to the 5 minute meetings. If anything the hour and a half meetings are a bit long now.
I worked with the BA and ST for years. They're easy to talk to and haven't changed. I think the ST has been a big tdu guy for a while. It doesn't matter much to me.
Word is your BA is not being truthful of your 95 grievances. In a time where major contract changes were improved, that's unacceptable.