Local 878 Members - Southern Supplement

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I am TIMN and yes sir or ma’am I was removed as a freight rep and that’s not exactly news but the rest of your statement is inaccurate. My intention here has been to communicate with fellow Teamsters and discuss proposed contract language. Sean has done a fine job on this T/A as has the Southern Region Committee. My only criticism is the sitting arbitrator. Per me previous post, I intended to stop using BC as a means to communicate and discuss issues but that weak attempt at bullying required a response.
I only asked around because you freely chose to give up your identity (against site rules) and refused to take good advice.

....and it is for sure news to this community, at least the vast majority (and me).

See now why I was trying to get you to shut up?

Last edited:

Pullman Brown

I am TIMN and yes sir or ma’am I was removed as a freight rep and that’s not exactly news but the rest of your statement is inaccurate. My intention here has been to communicate with fellow Teamsters and discuss proposed contract language. Sean has done a fine job on this T/A as has the Southern Region Committee. My only criticism is the sitting arbitrator. Per me previous post, I intended to stop using BC as a means to communicate and discuss issues but that weak attempt at bullying required a response.

Ma’am. Ha. Lol

Thebrownblob

Ma’am. Ha. Lol
1692236355898.gif

TIMN

I do apologize for violating the site rules and would never disclose someone else’s identity or personal information. My assumption was the rule regarding anonymity was for my personal benefit and I chose to waive that benefit because I want people to know that I stand behind my position. It’s bewildering someone would claim to want to help me and protect my identity on one hand yet do oppositional research about me and then post that hearsay in an obvious attempt to do me harm on the other hand. For me to attempt to defend myself with regard to my being dismissed from the freight division would require me to “snitch” on other Teamsters or portray them in a negative light which I refuse to do. I will gladly be seen as the bad guy rather than being known as someone who would intentionally attempt to harm a brothers reputation for my personal benefit, or amusement. Having been a BA or PO for over 20 years and a Steward for a dozen or so years prior to working at the local, I’ve been dealt a few pot shots and have survived without your pseudo-protection or guidance Mr. bubblehead…..if that’s who you really are. (Sarcasm)

Let me save you the time and energy of exhausting your extensive network of connections and gossips. I have, on multiple occasions suffered the consequences of telling “high ranking” Teamster officials to kiss my ass if I felt they were abusing their authority or failing their obligation to the membership. I have suffered the consequences for being to “aggressive” with members of management who were abusive to a member or lacked integrity. While I have many, many faults tearing down fellow Teamsters and cowardice are not among them.

TIMN

I do apologize for violating the site rules and would never disclose someone else’s identity or personal information. My assumption was the rule regarding anonymity was for my personal benefit and I chose to waive that benefit because I want people to know that I stand behind my position. It’s bewildering someone would claim to want to help me and protect my identity on one hand yet do oppositional research about me and then post that hearsay in an obvious attempt to do me harm on the other hand. For me to attempt to defend myself with regard to my being dismissed from the freight division would require me to “snitch” on other Teamsters or portray them in a negative light which I refuse to do. I will gladly be seen as the bad guy rather than being known as someone who would intentionally attempt to harm a brothers reputation for my personal benefit, or amusement. Having been a BA or PO for over 20 years and a Steward for a dozen or so years prior to working at the local, I’ve been dealt a few pot shots and have survived without your pseudo-protection or guidance Mr. bubblehead…..if that’s who you really are. (Sarcasm)

Let me save you the time and energy of exhausting your extensive network of connections and gossips. I have, on multiple occasions suffered the consequences of telling “high ranking” Teamster officials to kiss my ass if I felt they were abusing their authority or failing their obligation to the membership. I have suffered the consequences for being to “aggressive” with members of management who were abusive to a member or lacked integrity. While I have many, many faults tearing down fellow Teamsters and cowardice are not among them.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You can say that again (double post sarcasm),

....and while you are at it, read rule #8 of the TOS again.

Here, I'll help you:

8.) We ask you to be responsible for protecting your own personal information and respectful of the personal information of others. This means not posting your own or any other person's full name, last name, personally identifiable photos, email addresses, work or home locations, job titles, phone numbers, addresses, Social Security numbers, or any other personally identifiable or private information. Do not post screenshots or text from private conversations, text messages, email, or any other private communication. This also means your full name cannot be used as your username or posted anywhere on our site.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That said, I will consider this attempt at membership communication as having been unsuccessful and continue to search for other avenues which will not be as offensive to some.
Per me previous post, I intended to stop using BC as a means to communicate
When will this begin and is it specific to just this thread, or all three you started on the same subject and continue to post on?

TIMN

That was referencing my sincere attempt at civil communication and discussion. You chose to unnecessarily take things in a different direction which seems to be a theme going back several years. I’m not sure why you choose to read my posts or interact with me, you certainly do not have to. The problem is, I can’t tolerate a narcissistic, rude bully who takes some sort of sick pleasure from being abusive to others. That’s the primary reason I chose to make a career defending and representing working class folks who are mistreated by corporate managers with your mentality. Now I will not leave until you choose to stop screwing with me or I am banned tough guy.

Thebrownblob

Not sure why Bubblehead is picking on you as there are other members whose identities are known.
Probably not as well known as a president of a local. I don’t necessarily have a problem with anything he saying, but it’s probably a slippery slope posting it here under his real name. His choice, though I’m sure he means well.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Not sure why Bubblehead is picking on you as there are other members whose identities are known.
Initially I was just try to convince him/her to be somewhat anonymous and not post under his/her real name and job title of "Principal Officer of Local 878".

I continue to assert that is good advice.

Then after asking around, I found out he/she might be here as a result of "sour grapes", having been removed by the General President from an appointed International position.

....because after all, the sitting arbitrator is a notion that is something the General President and Secretary Treasurer wanted in every region, not just the south.

But for a grown man/woman who claims to be the Principal Officer of a local in the Teamsters Union to say he/she is being "bullied" on an anonymous internet chat board....give me a break.

I think I liked it better when I thought it might be an imposter.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
That was referencing my sincere attempt at civil communication and discussion. You chose to unnecessarily take things in a different direction which seems to be a theme going back several years. I’m not sure why you choose to read my posts or interact with me, you certainly do not have to. The problem is, I can’t tolerate a narcissistic, rude bully who takes some sort of sick pleasure from being abusive to others. That’s the primary reason I chose to make a career defending and representing working class folks who are mistreated by corporate managers with your mentality. Now I will not leave until you choose to stop screwing with me or I am banned tough guy.
Welcome to the party, pal.

TIMN

In response to the “sour grapes” comment please let me clarify. I was an early and ardent supporter of Sean. I am still a supporter of Sean and still believe he was the most qualified candidate for GP. I was initially retained as a rep by the new administration. We disagreed over some other appointments and I chose to resign my rep position. The disagreement does not mean Sean or I are either a bad person or I wish him anything but success. He and I have very similar personalities and share the same opinions on many issues and I believe he wishes me the same success. After I resigned, I was asked by a couple of people on the GEB, Division Directors and coordinators to reconsider, which I did and was reinstated. A month or two later I had an argument with a Division Director and was dismissed. I endorsed the ÀBF contract and believe it to be the best negotiated freight agreement since the original NMFA. I endorsed the Master UPS T/A and think Sean and his team did a great job. I also think a fine job was done on the SR T/A with the single exception of the sitting arbitrator and argued with the Hoffa administration on the same issue. It’s my position no one at the IBT should dictate this type of change in a regional supplement when there was not a single member or local union who submitted a proposal to make the change. It’s my position the South should not have been required to accept this COMPANY Proposal. My argument is purely issue driven. If other regions are in favor of a sitting arbitrator I think that’s great and none of my business. I could actually support the addition of the arbitrator if an MOU were negotiated stating the Cardinal Infractions are all inclusive and may not be expanded. People can have different opinions and still like and respect each other personally.

Thebrownblob

In response to the “sour grapes” comment please let me clarify. I was an early and ardent supporter of Sean. I am still a supporter of Sean and still believe he was the most qualified candidate for GP. I was initially retained as a rep by the new administration. We disagreed over some other appointments and I chose to resign my rep position. The disagreement does not mean Sean or I are either a bad person or I wish him anything but success. He and I have very similar personalities and share the same opinions on many issues and I believe he wishes me the same success. After I resigned, I was asked by a couple of people on the GEB, Division Directors and coordinators to reconsider, which I did and was reinstated. A month or two later I had an argument with a Division Director and was dismissed. I endorsed the ÀBF contract and believe it to be the best negotiated freight agreement since the original NMFA. I endorsed the Master UPS T/A and think Sean and his team did a great job. I also think a fine job was done on the SR T/A with the single exception of the sitting arbitrator and argued with the Hoffa administration on the same issue. It’s my position no one at the IBT should dictate this type of change in a regional supplement when there was not a single member or local union who submitted a proposal to make the change. It’s my position the South should not have been required to accept this COMPANY Proposal. My argument is purely issue driven. If other regions are in favor of a sitting arbitrator I think that’s great and none of my business. I could actually support the addition of the arbitrator if an MOU were negotiated stating the Cardinal Infractions are all inclusive and may not be expanded. People can have different opinions and still like and respect each other personally.
No offense, but I don’t think you’ll be getting any more calls.

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
If the VP is such a VIP shouldn’t we give a QT to the PC cause if it gets to the VC we could all end up MIA and end up on KP?