Longest day of career Monday dec. 22nd

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
lol how did you get stuck?
It was about 6:00 and I was down to my last 10 stops. They sent two tow trucks and finally a supe from the shop came out at 1:30 to take me back to the building. Easy but frustrating money.

Last edited:

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Where you still on the clock and how did you work the next day?
This was before I had a cell phone and could only communicate through the board. They made me punch out the board at 9:00 but I still got paid til 2:00. Fortunately it happened on a Friday so 10 hours off duty didn't apply. When I got home I told my wife the last time I got home from work after 2:00 am I had one helluva good time.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
This was before I had a cell phone and could only communicate through the board. They made me punch out the board at 9:00 but I still got paid til 2:00. Fortunately it happened on a Friday so 10 hours off duty didn't apply. When I got home I told my wife the last time I got home from work after 2:00 am I had one helluva good time.
They never respond fast enough thru the board and you could be dying in a ditch and hour later come back with a message. Whats your ETA?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I had to layover after a 17 hour day and then didn't get any sleep because the maid woke me up. then next day worked 8.

35 hours. 25 paid.