Look Who REALLY IS Looking For A Bailout

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nice try--lobbying in Washington has more to do with persuading influential lawmakers to pass beneficial legislation than with bailouts.

If this were true how would you explain the $1.1M we spent?

Leftinbuilding

Sorry, guess I thought most people could pick up on the irony of FedEx accusing UPS of accepting a bailout, while themselves spending millions to influence politicians. Maybe technically not a bailout, but the end result is the same.... gov't assistance.

Leftinbuilding

This whole thread is naive. Lobbying is a way of life in Washington and is not the same as a bailout.

That sound you heard? It was "The Point" shooting over your head. Tried to PM you. Why won't you accept PM's? If I remember correctly, the "bailout" FedEX accused UPS of accepting, involved UPS "lobbying" in an effort to level the playing field vis a vie FedEx's claim to be an airline. Could be wrong, but I am confident you will correct me if I am.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=367x21103

DS

Fenderbender
Lobbying is basically buying votes.Here that's illegal.
Greed is ruining democracy.
The recent US recession was caused by greed.
UPS is no different
.People are revolting.

wkmac

Nice try--lobbying in Washington has more to do with persuading influential lawmakers to pass beneficial legislation than with bailouts.

Honey, I swear I wasn't giving that prostitute $1000 for sex. I was trying to persuade her to turn over her life to a better way. Sex or anything in return for that money was not what was on my mind nor what I was expecting anything in return!