Looks like Ups Airline mechanics might strike

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Irresponsible threads such as this create unsubstantiated rumors.

Both the Union and Company have publicly stated that they do not anticipate that this will negatively impact Peak.

This is a non issue.

UniteandWin

I guess you missed the front page the IBT. Webpage? The strike authorization is taking place. Was that irresponsible of IBT.org?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UniteandWin

I guess the strike authorization, and information picketing at amazon catches, wouldn't be negative towards the company. Don't be scared, Upstate you actually have to be a union member one day and support another union members' cause

Sent using BrownCafe App

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Your thread headline is misleading.

Meh....

Strike authorization votes are a vital part of the negotiation process

Yep.

More like an invaluable tool.... to express the seriousness of the members resolve.

however, 99.99% of them are bluffs that are never called.

Bluffs ? Nah.

A vote affirming strike authorization, usually breaks stalled negotiations.

An actual strike.... is like the last nuclear option.

Thats why I laugh, when Z supporters whine that H "will never strike anyone".

They just don't have a grasp on reality.... or, the ramifications.

Both the Union and Company have publicly stated that they do not anticipate that this will negatively impact Peak.

This is a non issue.

For now.

"Under the Railway Labor Act, contracts for airline workers at the end of a contract remain in effect until a new pact is reached. Such negotiations often take years and workers have to clear several hurdles before they can strike.

The National Mediation Board hasn’t released the UPS workers from its contract. If the government agency determines an impasse has been reached, it can order a 30-day cooling off period, during which time workers also can’t strike.

The White House can appoint a presidential emergency board during the cooling-off period. Neither the company nor the union would be able to take any economic action until 30 days after the emergency board makes its recommendation. Congress also has the right to intervene in any strike."

UPS Union Starts Strike Authorization Vote; No Near-Term Impact Expected

-Bug-

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I swear you work for UPS's public relations department. LOL

25jijcx.jpg

???

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
BUG usually has some of the best advice and information on Brown Cafe.

the pilots walked the line with us in 97. I'll gladly support the airline workers if it comes to a strike.