Loyalty is Laid to Rest; Grave is Next to Partnership’s; RIP My Old Friends

PackageManager

It has really become disheartening. When I "signed-on" back in 1986 I was certain that the Partnership Legacy was what made UPS great. It was what made us better than other companies. Right now record revenues, profits, and management committee pay have blinded our leaders to what lies below. Our Partnership Legacy now sounds like a quaint reminder of days gone by. Maybe the name of this forum should be changed to "We once were partners."

ActionJaxson

I'm 54 with 27 years in and have been sent to pasture to the graveyard shift 10 pm to 9 am. I hope and pray to make it to retirement, with all the rumors of cutting the older work force. It seems unconscionable that this has become a fact of life and it is certainly disappointing for those who have dedicated a life time to our brotherhood and are cut just short of retirement.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm 54 with 27 years in and have been sent to pasture to the graveyard shift 10 pm to 9 am. I hope and pray to make it to retirement, with all the rumors of cutting the older work force. It seems unconscionable that this has become a fact of life and it is certainly disappointing for those who have dedicated a life time to our brotherhood and are cut just short of retirement.

Hang in there ... just one more year.

How sad is it that those who should be some of the most loyal employees, are pretty much counting down the days until they are able to retire. 15 years ago nobody would have been sweating their last couple of years of employment (as well as counting on be financially comfortable), and now we all hope that someone doesn't come up with a reason to terminate our employment. It seems like most of my peers take it day by day and hope to make it to the weekend and try to get rev'ed back up for the next week by the end of Sunday. Thank God the weeks do fly by, but I sure wish it were an enjoyable environment, instead of one where I hope I don't make a minor mistake, because it will certainly be elevated to levels it shouldn't go to. Just my 2 cents worth...again, how many days do I have left??? That's right, wwwwaaaaayyyyyy tooooooo many!!!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
UPS Partnership
8447427-portrait-of-happy-business-people-holding-each-other-by-hands-and-communicating-while-sitting-on-the.jpg

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
...It seems like most of my peers take it day by day and hope to make it to the weekend and try to get rev'ed back up for the next week by the end of Sunday. Thank God the weeks do fly by...
I'm not happy with the way things are going but I refuse to wish my life away and live for two days a week (and spend one of those days fretting about Monday). A fairly small group of individuals are paying themselves a lot of money. Let them stress about the results and come up with solutions since they're going to be the ones to reap the reward.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
How sad is it that those who should be some of the most loyal employees, are pretty much counting down the days until they are able to retire. 15 years ago nobody would have been sweating their last couple of years of employment (as well as counting on be financially comfortable), and now we all hope that someone doesn't come up with a reason to terminate our employment. It seems like most of my peers take it day by day and hope to make it to the weekend and try to get rev'ed back up for the next week by the end of Sunday. Thank God the weeks do fly by, but I sure wish it were an enjoyable environment, instead of one where I hope I don't make a minor mistake, because it will certainly be elevated to levels it shouldn't go to. Just my 2 cents worth...again, how many days do I have left??? That's right, wwwwaaaaayyyyyy tooooooo many!!!

Best statement I have seen all week. I hope someone higher then a center manager reads this and gets the message.......

PackageManager

Its happening everywhere now unfortunately -- just keep your eyeson the prize -- you will make it

The Milkman

Stop asking us to do the impossible, (scratch by June) stop abusing us, stop reducing management staffing, stop retaliating against us for voicing concerns, stop working us 12 to 15 hours a day with no lunch or breaks. Start being fair astart promotions, start treating us with respect! Life since "Transformation" has been miserable. Now is the time for our management team to stand up and tell Atlanta the enough is enough.

This should apply to all the Drivers and other hourlies..........For over 25 yrs before I retired these concerns were blown off by mngmt. After going public it has been all downhill since.. The old phrase when I started was..."Ups is owned by it's managers and managed by it's owners".......The question now is..."Who are the owners now?? and do they care like the old days?? :not_fair:

Last edited by a moderator:

ActionJaxson

First we had the voluntary early retirement / buy out. The downsizing and restructuration - eliminating several more management positions, leaving the rest of us standing speechless and in shock. Men who have chosen this career and have sacrificed. Men and women with families and mouth's to feed. We had to do more with less and in the past 10 years 4DivM, 8CM, 16 Supv fired. Most with over 15 years of service.

Yet we did nothing, we watched the carnage and kept on working ...Yes I believed in the partnership, in us and all we accomplished but now it's a whole different ball game.

UPS1907

First we had the voluntary early retirement / buy out. The downsizing and restructuration - eliminating several more management positions, leaving the rest of us standing speechless and in shock. Men who have chosen this career and have sacrificed. Men and women with families and mouth's to feed. We had to do more with less and in the past 10 years 4DivM, 8CM, 16 Supv fired. Most with over 15 years of service.

Yet we did nothing, we watched the carnage and kept on working ...Yes I believed in the partnership, in us and all we accomplished but now it's a whole different ball game.

Lower Mgt is looked at with contempt by Ops Mgs and higher ups because we don't always do what THEY want. We actually try to run the businesses effectively from the ground level. Higher up are so out of touch its laughable. Some of the stuff they track is laugh out loud funny. THANK GOD for the MUTE button on conference calls. If those higher ups could only hear what's being said on the other side.... lol

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Lower Mgt is looked at with contempt by Ops Mgs and higher ups because we don't always do what THEY want. We actually try to run the businesses effectively from the ground level. Higher up are so out of touch its laughable. Some of the stuff they track is laugh out loud funny. THANK GOD for the MUTE button on conference calls. If those higher ups could only hear what's being said on the other side.... lol

It's funny you mention this as I heard a story about one such conference call. Our local centers are asked to send forever bags with the loads going to the hubs. I guess one of the centers did not note the forever bags on the load detail so there was a conference call about noting forever bags on the load detail.

frateshkr

just meander out slow.........like an ebbing tide. what i'm doing. no way i care about the aftermath after what i've seen happen to this once fine organization. got 38 now and will likely make 40 unless i'm fired for being old in which case I think there is already a legal group ready to represent those with that situation.