Luxembourg

vantexan

Not in California. Salaries have grown every year. Strong unions and a strong demand for qualified workers. The medical field at least here in CA has just about been recession proof.
That's because the whole medical industry is set up to remove as much wealth as possible from seniors who want to stay alive.

MAKAVELI

That's because the whole medical industry is set up to remove as much wealth as possible from seniors who want to stay alive.
When has that never been the case? The fact is modern medicine has advanced so much in a short time. People are living longer and there will always be a need for it. A recipe for a constant demand for skilled workers and increased wages.

vantexan

When has that never been the case? The fact is modern medicine has advanced so much in a short time. People are living longer and there will always be a need for it. A recipe for a constant demand for skilled workers and increased wages.
True, but we have the biggest generation in history retiring. With the most wealth. A recipe for huge growth in the industry to take advantage of them.

TUT

That's funny my father had some heart work done recently, was a gagging 202K bill, his out of pocket through Humanas, about $350 and he has a very low monthly around $100. So that is one real world, non sensationalized example. Do you have a parent, friend, relative close enough to you that you can trust that will give you accurate info on what they pay monthly and what they pay for procedures? I can get his exact everything shortly if needed to share. Here are two things that again if you listen to news you seemingly only get the worst of everything all the time. Him and mom get over 3K a month from Social, as people been saying for decades, you can't count on it, you can't survive on it, you can live on 3K a month if that is all you got and if you were smart at all you'd have a house paid for. Then again with the medical I've shared so far, those are two big things that are supposedly travesties, but wala, they aren't so bad, some could argue they are actually pretty good.

Don't take a news article on this, they have their biases perhaps that you are unaware of. Go find someone you can trust and have them give you all the details.

vantexan

That's funny my father had some heart work done recently, was a gagging 202K bill, his out of pocket through Humanas, about $350 and he has a very low monthly around $100. So that is one real world, non sensationalized example. Do you have a parent, friend, relative close enough to you that you can trust that will give you accurate info on what they pay monthly and what they pay for procedures? I can get his exact everything shortly if needed to share. Here are two things that again if you listen to news you seemingly only get the worst of everything all the time. Him and mom get over 3K a month from Social, as people been saying for decades, you can't count on it, you can't survive on it, you can live on 3K a month if that is all you got and if you were smart at all you'd have a house paid for. Then again with the medical I've shared so far, those are two big things that are supposedly travesties, but wala, they aren't so bad, some could argue they are actually pretty good.

Don't take a news article on this, they have their biases perhaps that you are unaware of. Go find someone you can trust and have them give you all the details.
I know what you are saying, but on the flip side look at what's happening to insurance now. High deductibles, high out-of-pocket expenses. Get to a certain age and it's affordable, but before that it can financially break you. And Obamacare took $700 Billion from Medicare. Seniors in the future might have hard choices. We'll see. The Baby Boom Generation will put huge strains on the system.

TUT

I know what you are saying, but on the flip side look at what's happening to insurance now. High deductibles, high out-of-pocket expenses. Get to a certain age and it's affordable, but before that it can financially break you. And Obamacare took $700 Billion from Medicare. Seniors in the future might have hard choices. We'll see. The Baby Boom Generation will put huge strains on the system.

It will be interesting, well no it won't be, but if The Affordable Health Care act is repealed and there is a good chance it will be. Or if your company doesn't qualify for the Cadillac Tax in which it has warned you about, will they reverse the costs and bring the deductibles back down? They should, be we know how this game is played, it is here to stay. New law, make cuts, blame law, workers aren't qualified to argue against lawyers that say otherwise. Next.

vantexan

It will be interesting, well no it won't be, but if The Affordable Health Care act is repealed and there is a good chance it will be. Or if your company doesn't qualify for the Cadillac Tax in which it has warned you about, will they reverse the costs and bring the deductibles back down? They should, be we know how this game is played, it is here to stay. New law, make cuts, blame law, workers aren't qualified to argue against lawyers that say otherwise. Next.
It will be repealed if average people get slammed with much higher costs. If there's a big enough outcry even the Democrats will back away from it. If it truly reduces costs and works well then it'll stay. You can't blame companies for dropping healthcare if it costs them much more than just paying the penalty per employee. If Obamacare is as great as touted then the dropped employees will have no trouble getting insurance on the exchanges.

TUT

It will be repealed if average people get slammed with much higher costs. If there's a big enough outcry even the Democrats will back away from it. If it truly reduces costs and works well then it'll stay. You can't blame companies for dropping healthcare if it costs them much more than just paying the penalty per employee. If Obamacare is as great as touted then the dropped employees will have no trouble getting insurance on the exchanges.

If they continue to drop healthcare, then just give me more per hour then, right?